Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

02/03/2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: (Quote) Mary-486033 said: Dancing Bachata I love dancing Bachata. I lov...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Quote:
Mary-486033 said: Dancing Bachata

I love dancing Bachata. I love latin dancing period. I wish that there was a salsa club nearby that was a in a safe area. Good exercise and fun.

--hide--
So I found another salsera! Isn't bachata enchanting! Do you like bachata better than salsa?

btw: Cleveland has good salsa dancers. It's worth the trip.
02/03/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: So I found another salsera! Isn't bachata enchanting! Do you like bachata better than salsa? ...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: So I found another salsera! Isn't bachata enchanting! Do you like bachata better than salsa?

btw: Cleveland has good salsa dancers. It's worth the trip.
--hide--

I like both equally I think and I also love merengue. I guess I just simply love to dance. biggrin I love everything from ballroom to latin and beyond. However, latin dancing is closer to my heritage and so the moves are a natural fit for me and just flow.

A two hour drive ( I hate long drives irked ) but that is so incredibly tempting. scratchchin That goes to show you how much I love to dance. A (chaste) man who can truly dance and lead in latin dancing is worth his weight in gold. Although some of them can be a bit wiley and handsy so you have to watch out and set firm boundaries and expectations from the get. laughing Send me some info on the Cleveland clubs in safe areas and some contacts. I may have to try to get a group of ladies together for a trip. That would be so fun for me. I think that David here on CM lives up there so I might just have to reach out to him for some chaperoning. Looknig forward to the info. Maybe you can even join us. I can show you my moves and you can show me yours hug hug hug

02/03/2013 new

ice cream, singing to cheesy music and some latin dancing are the top guilty pleasures.

I wonder what guilty pleasures others have too?

02/03/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: Guilty pleasure? Singing along to really cheesy music at the top of my lungs. :)
(Quote) Jessica-766671 said:

Guilty pleasure? Singing along to really cheesy music at the top of my lungs. :)

--hide--
like what cheesy song in particular? do you dance along with it too? wink

02/03/2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I like both equally I think and I also love merengue. I guess I just simply love to dance. I l...

I like both equally I think and I also love merengue. I guess I just simply love to dance. I love everything from ballroom to latin and beyond. However, latin dancing is closer to my heritage and so the moves are a natural fit for me and just flow.

A two hour drive ( I hate long drives ) but that is so incredibly tempting. That goes to show you how much I love to dance. A (chaste) man who can truly dance and lead in latin dancing is worth his weight in gold. Although some of them can be a bit wiley and handsy so you have to watch out and set firm boundaries and expectations from the get. Send me some info on the Cleveland clubs in safe areas and some contacts. I may have to try to get a group of ladies together for a trip. That would be so fun for me. I think that David here on CM lives up there so I might just have to reach out to him for some chaperoning. Looknig forward to the info. Maybe you can even join us. I can show you my moves and you can show me yours

--hide--
Shara, It might be better for you to connect with the events on FB. I'll figure it out and let you know. Cleveland is over a 2 hour drive for me, too, but I got used to it. Was just there to see the Cleveland Museum of Art a couple weeks ago.

I don't care for merengue. Salsa, bachata, and Argentine tango are my dances.

As far as having any problems inside the facility, that's fairly low. It's not a bar or club. Mainly regular dancers, many who have know each other for years...and simply there to practice, see old friends....and go home.
02/03/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Shara, It might be better for you to connect with the events on FB. I'll figure it out and let you kn...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Shara, It might be better for you to connect with the events on FB. I'll figure it out and let you know. Cleveland is over a 2 hour drive for me, too, but I got used to it. Was just there to see the Cleveland Museum of Art a couple weeks ago.

I don't care for merengue. Salsa, bachata, and Argentine tango are my dances.

As far as having any problems inside the facility, that's fairly low. It's not a bar or club. Mainly regular dancers, many who have know each other for years...and simply there to practice, see old friends....and go home.
--hide--

I did not mean to sound snobbish so sorry if it came off that way. ( I hope not) . It is just that I am not very street smart so I try to stick to areas where there is little chance of needing street smarts. embarassed

I don't do facebook so anything you can provide would be awesome. That sounds like exactly my kind of event; people just there to dance and have a good time. t would be great to meet you in person too. biggrin FYI I also love tango. wave

02/03/2013 new

Two words: "Uptown Girl." tongue

02/04/2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: I did not mean to sound snobbish so sorry if it came off that way. ( I hope not) . It is just t...

I did not mean to sound snobbish so sorry if it came off that way. ( I hope not) . It is just that I am not very street smart so I try to stick to areas where there is little chance of needing street smarts.

I don't do facebook so anything you can provide would be awesome. That sounds like exactly my kind of event; people just there to dance and have a good time. t would be great to meet you in person too. FYI I also love tango.

--hide--
Snobbish? I didn't get that from your post. I'm not "street smart" either. My old Argentine tango instructor called me "sheltered" a few months ago. lol The Cleveland night is run by a married couple. The Pittsburgh events are run by a married couple who are teachers by profession. And dear friends. They are normal! And safe. biggrin

Don't worry, I'll have my pepper spray as back up. wink
02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-523856 said: Two words: "Uptown Girl."
(Quote) Matthew-523856 said:

Two words: "Uptown Girl."

--hide--
I hear ya!

02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-523856 said: Two words: "Uptown Girl."
(Quote) Matthew-523856 said:

Two words: "Uptown Girl."

--hide--
Wait... just to clarify, is your guilty pleasure singing the song OR always going for that Uptown Girl? scratchchin laughing

Posts 11 - 20 of 96