Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

02/04/2013 new

Singing show tunes, watching cheesy chick flicks and.....this one I'm really not proud of.....watching the Real Housewives..... embarassed

02/04/2013 new

BAKING--- scones, cookies, pies, cakes, muffins. Scones, Irish soda bread and cookies are things I bake most often. I bake and then share or give away. Happy Birthday! cookie

02/04/2013 new

I love this topic. :) If dancing is a guilty pleasure, I am suuuper guilty. :P I prefer swing because it's a little more innocent than salsa. I've had some "handsey" guys dance with me, too. *shudder*

Hm... Taylor Swift is a major guilty pleasure. I get so much flack for that one from, like, everyone.

Procrastinating and decaf peppermint mochas are high on the list, too...

02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: I love this topic. :) If dancing is a guilty pleasure, I am suuuper guilty. :P I prefer swing be...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

I love this topic. :) If dancing is a guilty pleasure, I am suuuper guilty. :P I prefer swing because it's a little more innocent than salsa. I've had some "handsey" guys dance with me, too. *shudder*

Hm... Taylor Swift is a major guilty pleasure. I get so much flack for that one from, like, everyone.

--hide--

Per salsa. I think that it is all in how you dance it. I think that the predominant video out there and what you seen in the movies is unchaste dancing but the dance does not have to be so. It is all in the intent and how the lady and her partner choose to dance and or conduct themselves. I do agree though that swing lends it self to being more easily innocent though. I however am not good at doing flips and gymnastics on the floor. wink

02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Hannah-708610 said: I love this topic. :) If dancing is a guilty pleasure, I am suuuper guilty. :P I prefer swing be...
(Quote) Hannah-708610 said:

--hide--
May I take you to do some swing dance sometime? I'll keep my hands where they're supposed to, I promise cool laughing

02/04/2013 new
(Quote) Shara-929649 said: (Quote) Hannah-708610 said: I love this topic. :) If dancing is a guilty pleasur...
(Quote) Shara-929649 said:

Quote:
Hannah-708610 said:

Per salsa. I think that it is all in how you dance it. I think that the predominant video out there and what you seen in the movies is unchaste dancing but the dance does not have to be so. It is all in the intent and how the lady and her partner choose to dance and or conduct themselves. I do agree though that swing lends it self to being more easily innocent though. I however am not good at doing flips and gymnastics on the floor.

--hide--
Originally, I tried swing at the same time I tested out salsa/Argentine tango. Swing music/dance didn't inspire me. I found dealing with the Latin beat very odd at first....then I couldn't get it out of my head!

The woman sets the boundaries. And the woman projects those boundaries by her demeanor, clothing, and the way she dances. If someone crosses the line into inappropriate conduct and not heed verbal and non-verbal cues to cut it out, you walk off the dance floor and he has lost dance privileges. Most of the guys are regular dancers and simply there to get their dance fix in and go home. It's hard for non-dancers to understand...they aren't there to pick someone up. It's a sport. A hobby. It's mainly the non-dancers and onlookers who are there to scope out women.

FWIW: I am mortified at many of the costumes and salsa/samba moves on DWTS.
02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Originally, I tried swing at the same time I tested out salsa/Argentine tango. Swing music/dance didn'...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Originally, I tried swing at the same time I tested out salsa/Argentine tango. Swing music/dance didn't inspire me. I found dealing with the Latin beat very odd at first....then I couldn't get it out of my head!

The woman sets the boundaries. And the woman projects those boundaries by her demeanor, clothing, and the way she dances. If someone crosses the line into inappropriate conduct and not heed verbal and non-verbal cues to cut it out, you walk off the dance floor and he has lost dance privileges. Most of the guys are regular dancers and simply there to get their dance fix in and go home. It's hard for non-dancers to understand...they aren't there to pick someone up. It's a sport. A hobby. It's mainly the non-dancers and onlookers who are there to scope out women.

FWIW: I am mortified at many of the costumes and salsa/samba moves on DWTS.
--hide--

Well said. I dance as a hobby and can completely relate to what you said. I did a salsa demo for an international night for the extremely right wing conservative Catholics at my daughter's school with another father from Columbia and afterwards many parents said to me that they never knew that salsa could be so elegantly and modestly done. It is all about the intent, the delivery, the demeanor, the comportment and the dress of the woman as with everything else. Unfortunately many of the examples out there do not demonstrate that effectively. My dancing reflects me and my values as a woman. I can however, see how it would be easy to see all latin dancing as sleezy when the predominant image in the media is just that.

02/04/2013 new
Manicure and Pedicure....AHHHH.......It's been a while...Oh, and massages too!!! I guess that is all I can mention here.. (lol)
02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Sleeping 12+ hours at a time.
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Sleeping 12+ hours at a time.

--hide--

Preach it sister!! I love turning off that alarm on a Friday night and sleeping until I can't sleep anymore then...staying in bed some more and read or go on my Kindle! There..I said it!! (I work flea markets during the summer so that's a seasonal guilty pleasure!) LOL!!

02/04/2013 new

Yes I love the Latin dancing..it's natural and too bad others have to make it sexual. Try Zumba it is the best and it really does work. How about eating popcorn with lots of butter then Salsa dancing and back to lying on the couch watching movies! Clover Clover

Posts 31 - 40 of 96