Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

The other football...?

01/11/2013 new

Okay, I know we're in the thick of football playoff season (Go Hawks!), but is anyone else out there excited that the MLS schedule was just posted? Only 51 days ' til the Sounders home opener! Woot! (okay, there, I feel better biggrin)

01/12/2013 new

[quote]Jessica-766671 said:

Okay, I know we're in the thick of football playoff season (Go Hawks!), but is anyone else out there excited that the MLS schedule was just posted? Only 51 days ' til the Sounders home opener! Woot! (okay, there, I feel better )

[/quote

Great to hear of your interest in football.

I haven't watched much Major League.Are you'll losing Beckam?

I watch lots of English Premier League and a little from La Ligua in Spain and Seria A in Italy .

I also follow competitions with different countries like World Cup,UEFA,Euro competitions .

World Cup is the best You get a Gold Star! cloudnine .

01/12/2013 new

Hi Sherill-Anne, another footie fan!

Yes the MLS is losing Beckham, but I'm not too torn up about it. He's a skilled player and did a lot to bring attention to the MLS but I was a little sad about how the league sometimes became all about him when there are a lot of standout lesser-known players, especially some of the younger home-grown players. And he played for the LA Galaxy tongue

I mainly watch MLS and some Mexican league soccer, especially now during the off-season. With my TV package I'll get mainly EPL games so I'll watch those at times too. I also folow the Concacaf Champions League.

And I completely agree about the World Cup!!

01/31/2013 new

Oh cool, how did i miss this thread before?!?

I follow MLS and a little Mexican liga too. I like New Enlgand for MLS as well as Tigers and Pauchua (sp) in Mexico.

I'm pretty pumped for this up coming season, the Revs have had the best off season i can remember. So what do you think of the Sounders losing Montero?

01/31/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: Okay, I know we're in the thick of football playoff season (Go Hawks!), but is anyone else ...
(Quote) Jessica-766671 said:

Okay, I know we're in the thick of football playoff season (Go Hawks!), but is anyone else out there excited that the MLS schedule was just posted? Only 51 days ' til the Sounders home opener! Woot! (okay, there, I feel better )

--hide--

The other football... You mean the one that is actually played using the feets as opposed to the one where the ball is carried laughing

duck

02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: Oh cool, how did i miss this thread before?!? I follow MLS and a little Mexican liga t...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

I follow MLS and a little Mexican liga too. I like New Enlgand for MLS as well as Tigers and Pauchua (sp) in Mexico.

I'm pretty pumped for this up coming season, the Revs have had the best off season i can remember. So what do you think of the Sounders losing Montero?

--hide--

Nice to see a fellow MLS fan! It'll definitely be an adjustment up front, I'm interested to see how Sigi tries to fill in that spot along Eddie Johnson - my guess is it'll be David Estrada. I think most Sounders fans expected Fredy would move on eventually - I had thought Europe, but my guess is he wants on the Colombian national team.

Tigres are having a great season - did you catch the game yesterday against Tijuana? Great stuff! I really like watching the Xolos play.

My brother lives in Boston and has caught a couple of Revs games. Who are you looking forward to watching play this season?

02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: (Quote) Justin-32820 said: Oh cool, how did i miss this thread before?!?...

Quote:
Justin-32820 said:

Nice to see a fellow MLS fan! It'll definitely be an adjustment up front, I'm interested to see how Sigi tries to fill in that spot along Eddie Johnson - my guess is it'll be David Estrada. I think most Sounders fans expected Fredy would move on eventually - I had thought Europe, but my guess is he wants on the Colombian national team.

Tigres are having a great season - did you catch the game yesterday against Tijuana? Great stuff! I really like watching the Xolos play.

My brother lives in Boston and has caught a couple of Revs games. Who are you looking forward to watching play this season?

--hide--

To be honest, I'm surprised Montero lasted as long as in MLS as he did, After his first season in the league I thought he would be off to Spain or Italy.

Unfortunately, they have stopped carrying Mexican league games on TV here. So I have not been able to see any Mexican League games this year.

As far as Revs go, I'm looking forward to seeing Kalifa Cisse play and to see if Jerry Bengtson can adjust in his first full year in MLS. Cisse has Played in the EPL and top Portuguese league, he is a big strong holding midfield which is what we needed most last season. Bengtson has been ripping it up on with Honduran national, but did not seams to adjust coming is at mid-season last year.

Who are you looking forword to seeing play this year?

02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Justin-32820 said: To be honest, I'm surprised Montero lasted as long as in MLS as he did, After his first seaso...
(Quote) Justin-32820 said:

To be honest, I'm surprised Montero lasted as long as in MLS as he did, After his first season in the league I thought he would be off to Spain or Italy.

Unfortunately, they have stopped carrying Mexican league games on TV here. So I have not been able to see any Mexican League games this year.

As far as Revs go, I'm looking forward to seeing Kalifa Cisse play and to see if Jerry Bengtson can adjust in his first full year in MLS. Cisse has Played in the EPL and top Portuguese league, he is a big strong holding midfield which is what we needed most last season. Bengtson has been ripping it up on with Honduran national, but did not seams to adjust coming is at mid-season last year.

--hide--

He did last a few seasons longer than I think most people expected, but I think what held him back was that he was a little streaky, even for a forward. Both of the last seasons it took several weeks into the season to really find his zone and score his first goal and I think his lack of consistentcy held him back. At this point I think the next one we might lose to Europe will be Osvaldo Alonso, and that will hurt more than Montero. He's already got European clubs looking at him - he is fast and really covers the field. He holds that midfield together.

This year I'm really looking forward watching Steve Zakuani work his way back into the starting lineup. He's fully healthy and looking good with preseason fitness speed tests, a couple even better than before breaking his leg a cople seasons ago. I'm thinking the same thing you are with Bengtson with Christian Tiffert and Mario Martinez, they both came in midseason and Martinez has also shown great play with Honduras.

Right now I'm most looking forward to my season tickets coming the mail though! :)

02/04/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: (Quote) Justin-32820 said: To be honest, I'm surprised Montero laste...

Quote:
Justin-32820 said:

He did last a few seasons longer than I think most people expected, but I think what held him back was that he was a little streaky, even for a forward. Both of the last seasons it took several weeks into the season to really find his zone and score his first goal and I think his lack of consistentcy held him back. At this point I think the next one we might lose to Europe will be Osvaldo Alonso, and that will hurt more than Montero. He's already got European clubs looking at him - he is fast and really covers the field. He holds that midfield together.

This year I'm really looking forward watching Steve Zakuani work his way back into the starting lineup. He's fully healthy and looking good with preseason fitness speed tests, a couple even better than before breaking his leg a cople seasons ago. I'm thinking the same thing you are with Bengtson with Christian Tiffert and Mario Martinez, they both came in midseason and Martinez has also shown great play with Honduras.

Right now I'm most looking forward to my season tickets coming the mail though! :)

--hide--

Alonso one of my favorite players to watch in MLS, he eats up a everything in the midfield and his transition passing is outstanding. I think everyone is looking forward to Zakuani's return, at least until until is burns us! ;)

I agree with you about Freddy, I also think is lack of production in big games hurt his a lot too. Hopefully it works out for him in the long run.

Besides Seattle what players to you enjoy watching in MLS?

03/13/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-766671 said: Okay, I know we're in the thick of football playoff season (Go Hawks!), but is anyone else ...

--hide--

Congrads on the Sounders beating Tigers! That was a great second leg!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 13