Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jan 27th 2013 new

Hi Larry, I agree and thanks for your post.

Blessings,

Debbie

Jan 27th 2013 new
So refreshing to hear Peter, thank you!!
Jan 27th 2013 new
One observation that I would put out there...I am also used to having men 10-15 years older contacting me...however since I started posting regularly in the forums, I've had quite a few men closer to my age as well as several years younger contact me. I think this is because they see your face and not just an age range that they might use in a search and never see you....just my two cents. I think the exposure on the forums is helpful:-) good luck!
Jan 30th 2013 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Yes, I have to agree that men are looking for younger age women, at 60 yrs. old, men aren't looking ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Yes, I have to agree that men are looking for younger age women, at 60 yrs. old, men aren't looking at my age but someone who is in the range of 45 to 50. Some men will just keep looking for the younger women, eventually they will find her. So, where does this leave for us? Maybe I should consider a younger man?
--hide--

Cindy,

You state, "at 60 yrs. old, men aren't looking at my age but someone who is in the range of 45 to 50". I do not agree. They look but they just don't stop and linger. laughing

I would suggest you don't discount men between 25 and 40. They are generally vibrant, high energy, looking for adventure and ready to "rock 'n roll". laughing

By the way, did you get any fig leaves for Christmas? I didn't so I will just have to buy my own unless you wish to send me some for Valentine's Day. laughing

Just joshing with you. laughing

Hope you are doing well.

Blessings always, Praying hug rose

Leon

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Sounds like an excuse. laughing
Try Skype.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

And? And?

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Don't date anymore, but apparently I'm one of the few guys on here who only dated women t...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Don't date anymore, but apparently I'm one of the few guys on here who only dated women their own age. Years ago I married a woman who was a few months older. The human ego blinds some men from seeing what others see- that they're making a fool of themselves. They're only impressing their fellow old coots. There are plenty of women around my age who are superb athletes, so that's not a valid excuse.

--hide--
Thanks, Peter. I wish more men would think like you do. A profile image can never to justice to anyone.

In the virtual world we gals 50+ get ignored quite often, but in the waking, walking sunshine world older men are more responsive -- younger men too take a second look when we pass them by. Perhaps, it has to do with how confident we feel about ourselves, our outward appearance, etc. Scented, shiny, silvery hair moving about with a light breeze can't be beat. One does not have to be a cougar to be attractive. If we walk around in sneakers, long tee shirts and jeans all the time then we're we're pretty much advertising "not available" or "don't look at me". I have friends and relatives who are younger than me and dress and look like my mom who is 90. What's up with that? I'm not saying we should go to the teen department of Macy's, just style up a couple of notches. Just my 2 cents.

Men, don't quit upon viewing the profile photo image. It pratically says nothing! rose You could be passing up a beautiful rose.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Luanne-865869 said: I am much older than you and have had no messages since starting. It seems that there are very f...
(Quote) Luanne-865869 said:

I am much older than you and have had no messages since starting. It seems that there are very few older men in my area. I keep getting pictures of men from the other side of the country. At my age, the men are all settled in their own area, with no desire to move across the country to meet someone. Don't give up hope, honey!
You've got time and God is on your side.

--hide--

Luanne, it's not always accurate that a man your age wouldn't be willing to move.. I know a lady here In Indiana who met a man from Vermont online and he moved here to be with her..He was in his 70's and blind to boot.. There also was an 83 year old man named Philip who posted in the Forums and he met a lady on here they became engaged and he was moving to her location. It really pays to be open to all possibilities.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-584463 said: Hi Michele, They want the younger women. A priest where I am from here in Ontario actual...
(Quote) Debbie-584463 said:

Hi Michele, They want the younger women.

A priest where I am from here in Ontario actually told me this. He said " if you truly want to be married, men just prefer younger women and you should (I was 48 at that time) look for someone 58 and older".

Although personally I believe it equals selfishness, vanity and shallowness. It appears this is the norm with "men".

I believe that if you truly want real love age shouldn't matter either way.

If you want a younger attractive woman that is exactly what you will reap.

Best wishes in your search.

Peace and Blessings to you.

Debbie

--hide--
That is not true at all.At least not with me.Although I am looking for a woman who takes care of herself,and is fit.I think it's more attitude than anything.

Feb 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Steve-921452 said: I'd call you in a heartbeat except for the long distance thing.
(Quote) Steve-921452 said:

I'd call you in a heartbeat except for the long distance thing.

--hide--

Interesting.

Posts 91 - 100 of 156