Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Old profiles

Jan 22nd 2013 new

Hi There: I need help understanding something on here: You know when your on the "Home" area if thats what you call it; anyway in the "primery profiles" (or whatever) and the "default profiles: Some Profiles you look at (say) they haven't been on this Site for two weeks or more; I figure it this way (my opinion) What is the use in contacting that person (Lady) on her profile if she or he haven't been on this site for two weeks or more?! Yes i know people get busy; And have a Life outside of here (we all do) but why send those profiles? Just wondering?Mike thanx; Ps don't tell meto send a help ticket laughing laughing don't want towaste their time either "peace"!!

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Hi There: I need help understanding something on here: You know when your on the "Home" area if t...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Hi There: I need help understanding something on here: You know when your on the "Home" area if thats what you call it; anyway in the "primery profiles" (or whatever) and the "default profiles: Some Profiles you look at (say) they haven't been on this Site for two weeks or more; I figure it this way (my opinion) What is the use in contacting that person (Lady) on her profile if she or he haven't been on this site for two weeks or more?! Yes i know people get busy; And have a Life outside of here (we all do) but why send those profiles? Just wondering?Mike thanx; Ps don't tell meto send a help ticket don't want towaste their time either "peace"!!

--hide--

I beleive your definition of old is flawed but we prefer to use the term active or inactive. Unlike a lot of sites we do not let profiles sit forever, we actually deleted them after a certain time of inactivity. That being said someone who has not logged into an account for several weeks is hardely inactive. You have really answered your own question. People behave differently. Some log in occasionally, some log in multiple times a day, some log int when they get activity on their account. Some go through cycles, they log in every now and then and others log in daily. People are different, circumtances in life change all the time, motivation to do something changes all the time. We simply take into account the diversity of our users.

Jan 23rd 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: I beleive your definition of old is flawed but we prefer to use the term active or inact...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

I beleive your definition of old is flawed but we prefer to use the term active or inactive. Unlike a lot of sites we do not let profiles sit forever, we actually deleted them after a certain time of inactivity. That being said someone who has not logged into an account for several weeks is hardely inactive. You have really answered your own question. People behave differently. Some log in occasionally, some log in multiple times a day, some log int when they get activity on their account. Some go through cycles, they log in every now and then and others log in daily. People are different, circumtances in life change all the time, motivation to do something changes all the time. We simply take into account the diversity of our users.

--hide--
Brian I THANK YOU SIR; For your Reply; i do appreciate it; thanx! Mike "peace"!! biggrin

Jan 23rd 2013 new

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you addressed this issue.

I have a question regarding your statement here: "Unlike a lot of sites we do not let profiles sit forever, we actually deleted them after a certain time of inactivity. That being said someone who has not logged into an account for several weeks is hardely inactive."

I sent a message to a woman who's profile says "Active over three weeks ago". However, I have reason to believe she's been inactive for at least 90 days. I ran a search several times changing only the filter "Active in the last (# of days)". When I set that filter to 90 she does not appear in the results. To see her profile in my search results I have to set that filter to "No preference". Am I wrong in my conclusion that she's been inactive for over 90 days? If not, then that's a lot longer than "several weeks" to my way of thinking.

May I ask what CM's policy is when they're considering deleting an account? Do they try to contact the member directly to warn them about their inactivity?

Thanks in advance.

Ramon

Jan 24th 2013 new

(Quote) Ramon-917153 said: Hi Brian, I'm glad you addressed this issue. I have a question regarding your s...
(Quote) Ramon-917153 said:

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you addressed this issue.

I have a question regarding your statement here: "Unlike a lot of sites we do not let profiles sit forever, we actually deleted them after a certain time of inactivity. That being said someone who has not logged into an account for several weeks is hardely inactive."

I sent a message to a woman who's profile says "Active over three weeks ago". However, I have reason to believe she's been inactive for at least 90 days. I ran a search several times changing only the filter "Active in the last (# of days)". When I set that filter to 90 she does not appear in the results. To see her profile in my search results I have to set that filter to "No preference". Am I wrong in my conclusion that she's been inactive for over 90 days? If not, then that's a lot longer than "several weeks" to my way of thinking.

May I ask what CM's policy is when they're considering deleting an account? Do they try to contact the member directly to warn them about their inactivity?

Thanks in advance.

Ramon

--hide--

The time frame is approximately 18 mos..CM wants to give an inactive member as much opportunity as possible to reactivate.. After so many years here I can tell you that people do indeed take breaks and come back after long periods of being inactive... The best way to be encouraged to come back is to get an email that someone such as yourself has sent a message.

Jan 24th 2013 new

Hi, Donna.

Thanks for the information and your insights.

I just hope that the inactive member hasn't turned off her email notifications. We'll see.

God bless.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Ramon-917153 said: Hi, Donna. Thanks for the information and your insights. I just hope that ...
(Quote) Ramon-917153 said:

Hi, Donna.

Thanks for the information and your insights.

I just hope that the inactive member hasn't turned off her email notifications. We'll see.

God bless.

--hide--

Ramon, it doesn't matter either way. If a user turns off their email notifications but logs in regularly they are notified of new activity when they log in. If they have notification turned on but don't log in regularly they at least they are being notified that they have new messages. If they are not getting/reading email notifications and not logging in they will poof from the website after 18 months. If they have not read and email in 18 months it doesn't really make sense to send them another one telling them their account is being deleted.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7