Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in. faint

I would like to know if others my age have experienced this as well.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about f...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

--hide--

I don't have a towel to throw in!
The dream never dies

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: I don't have a towel to throw in!The dream never dies
(Quote) John-34848 said:

I don't have a towel to throw in!
The dream never dies

--hide--
That's the spirit, John!

Feb 4th 2013 new

I'm obviously a fair bit away from 60, but a good friend of mine, 68, met and married a man 70. Her first husband had died of cancer when they were in their 30s, and then her daughter died of cancer when she was in her 20s leaving my friend three kids under 5.

To heck with what anyone else thinks, there's lots of chances for love. Age isn't a barrier! I looked after a lady in a resthome once who had a "boyfriend" and they were both in their late 90s!

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I'm obviously a fair bit away from 60, but a good friend of mine, 68, met and married a man 7...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

I'm obviously a fair bit away from 60, but a good friend of mine, 68, met and married a man 70. Her first husband had died of cancer when they were in their 30s, and then her daughter died of cancer when she was in her 20s leaving my friend three kids under 5.

To heck with what anyone else thinks, there's lots of chances for love. Age isn't a barrier! I looked after a lady in a resthome once who had a "boyfriend" and they were both in their late 90s!

--hide--
Thank you, Naomi. I've read some of your other comments in the forum and I think you are a very wise young lady. God bless. theheart

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about f...

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

--hide--

There's an age when we're supposed to throw in the towel? Who knew? rolling eyes

Feb 4th 2013 new

I must say that I have never felt more alive, more excited about doing God's will than I am right now and I am older than you, Nilda. I worked very hard raising my five kids as their father's job required him to travel during their formative years. Now my only job is to love them and my grandkids. Imagine that, no other job! I am gearing up to travel, hike and explore. I have never had more energy than I do today. Would I hope to have a companion? Absolutely would love to share the adventures. The best is waiting for you with or without a partner, trust me.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: There's an age when we're supposed to throw in the towel? Who knew?
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: There's an age when we're supposed to throw in the towel? Who knew?

--hide--
I know, Donna. I don't ever remember thinking that way of my elders when I was young. I was always looking up at them for advice and admiring them for their strength, courage and perseverance. But, it's true. I was told to just stop and act my age.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jayne-891486 said: I must say that I have never felt more alive, more excited about doing God's will than I am r...
(Quote) Jayne-891486 said:

I must say that I have never felt more alive, more excited about doing God's will than I am right now and I am older than you, Nilda. I worked very hard raising my five kids as their father's job required him to travel during their formative years. Now my only job is to love them and my grandkids. Imagine that, no other job! I am gearing up to travel, hike and explore. I have never had more energy than I do today. Would I hope to have a companion? Absolutely would love to share the adventures. The best is waiting for you with or without a partner, trust me.

--hide--
Thank you, Jayne. I intend to prove the nay sayers wrong, and will live my life without an expiration date. I hate labels. laughing

Feb 4th 2013 new

--hide--

Really, I don't know why anyone would say that nowadays, unless they're jealous of you perhaps. Frankly, although I do stop looking from time to time, I doubt that I'll call it quits for good until I reach age , oh, 90 or so (then again, I have seen women in their mid-80's dating so who knows - that's a long ways off). And, really, no physician (and, I know, because I am one), let alone PA should be telling you that you have a certain amount of time left to live. None of us knows how long or how short our life is - I think that's up to God. So, I would ignore him/her unless he/she was trying to get you to do some preventive medical care, etc. We could get run over by a bus tomorrow or live to 106 or more (there are a couple ladies in their 100's in my high-rise condo bldg. and 1 of them doesn't look a day over 80 - and I'm serious here.) So, if I were you, I would either ignore what anyone says, or just stop telling them what you're doing since really it's no one's business but your own!

Posts 1 - 10 of 88