Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Thank you Steven, Ron and Brian for your comments.

I heard that each Boy Scout troop may end up making their own decisions of whether to allow gay youths and leaders into the troop.

If they all allow gay youths and leaders in the troops, then it is time we no longer support them.

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Denise-687929 said: I heard that each Boy Scout troop may end up making their own decisions of whether to allow gay ...
(Quote) Denise-687929 said:

I heard that each Boy Scout troop may end up making their own decisions of whether to allow gay youths and leaders into the troop.

--hide--

The problem is that individual troops and most, if not all, councils, won't have the financial resources to fight the inevitable law suits.

Feb 3rd 2013 new
I believe what we have to find out first is when this all goes into effect. Find out definitely which troops welcome gay youths and leaders. If all of them accept gay youths and leaders then it is time to stop supporting them, especially Pancake Breakfast fundraisers for the Boy Scout Troops.
Feb 4th 2013 new
I posted this in Peter's thread, but I think it is appropo here too. The problem is that we haven't been funding them enough as it and that they are caving in to the loss of finances. United Way quit donating to them too now....so I won't donate to United Way, but my little bit of nothing doesn't matter too much. I used to think being gay had something to do with a sinful tendency and then enviromnet factors like sexual abuse, but I'm beginning to wonder if it isn't just pure evil and generational sin. I mean I see more and more people call for political correctness because of kids being bullied, but if you have ever watched a kid you suspect is gay....it is really strange and sick how they provoke others so they are attacked....whether it be comments under their breath or whatever....like they want the negative attention....strange. Then, you see stories like these where they want to redifine Christianity or get rid of it all together and you really wonder just how evil it is.
Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I think many parents will just stop supporting the scouts. For the past decade, the gays ...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

I think many parents will just stop supporting the scouts. For the past decade, the gays have been right up there with everyone else condeming the Catholic church for the child abuse saga, lining up all the way to the Pope for not doing more to protect children. Now, the rest of America is supposed to sit idly by while gay leaders and members are going to be in close contact with their kids, and impressing upon them with wacked out lifestyle choices at impressionable ages when many are at some stage of puberty? Sorry, but I flat out slam the door in their face if it was my child at risk.

--hide--

We live in a society that no can no longer reason. Any way you look at this, it makes no sense. I can only imagine that the intent is to simply shut the Boy Scouts down. A troop will get sued if it doesn't let a homosexual Scoutmaster in, and it will be sued if a homosexual Scoutmaster makes an advance to one of the Boy Scouts.

Feb 7th 2013 new
The scouts are reveiwing their proposed policy changes. Let's hope they squelch it all together, before I get married and father children, so that my boys will have high quality programming to go to after school.

I have dreams that one of them will become a priest.
Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: We live in a society that no can no longer reason. Any way you look at this, it mak...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

We live in a society that no can no longer reason. Any way you look at this, it makes no sense. I can only imagine that the intent is to simply shut the Boy Scouts down. A troop will get sued if it doesn't let a homosexual Scoutmaster in, and it will be sued if a homosexual Scoutmaster makes an advance to one of the Boy Scouts.

--hide--
Whatever happened to majority rule in this country? It seems any "oppressed" fringe group can control the lives of the majority. My grandson became an Eagle Scout last spring, and I'm glad he got it when he could. In a few short years there may be no such thing.

Feb 7th 2013 new

If the BSA do this, you know some pro-gay message will end up in the guidebook eventually. Who wants their boys being taken into the woods by some gay guy? Not I! Even though my sons' dens are run by wonderful, morally righteous men - if the BSA do this, I may just yank them out on principle.

Feb 7th 2013 new

Its time to get back to Direction of Vatican two. ther are more important battles to be fought other then SCOUTING . .

Feb 14th 2013 new

Thank you Cheryl, William, Paul, Rebecca and Michael for your comments.

We will all just have to wait and see what happens. This is not something that we should take lightly if the Boy Scouts welcome gay youths, leaders.

Posts 11 - 20 of 20