Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 3rd 2013 new

(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said: I would like to as well. When can you post the schedule and prayer intentions? How exactly ...
(Quote) Rosanna-921185 said:

I would like to as well. When can you post the schedule and prayer intentions? How exactly is it done? I won't be on CM (and other social media) much during Lent, so it would be nice to know in advance.

--hide--

Thanks Rosanna! Here are some links. Just google 54 day rosary novena and you'll find lots of resources. There is also a page for this devotion on facebook. They post wonderful meditations on th emysteries and other useful information about this tremendous devotion.

mostholyrosary.org

www.knightsofdivinemercy.com (this was written before the luminous mysteries were added.

The key is to pray to Our Lady Queen of the Most Holy Rosary. Say that you offer the rosary as part of your 54 day novena for and with all others who are praying it at this time. (So if there are 100 CM members praying it, you get 100 novenas. We all doo. Pray the mysteries in sequence joyful, luminous, sorrowful, glorious and repeat - regardless of which day of the week it is.

The first 3 novenas (9 x 3 = 27 days) are novenas of petition during which we ask that our petitions and those of everyone praying the novena be granted.

On day 28 we begin the second cycle of 3 9-day novenas. Therefore we begin with the joyful mysteries rather than the one which would have come up immediately after day 27. These are the novenas of thanksgiving. We now offer the rosaries in thanksgiving for what we have received or will receive. (We should also thank Our Lady for those intentions which have been refused because it is only for our benefit that God declines to answer our prayers.)

rosary rose

Feb 3rd 2013 new
Hi David, I have only been on CM for 2 months now and missed your previous Novena. I would love to be included in this one and have it count as my Lenten sacrifice. Hopefully I will not quit half way through. Thank you and God bless.
Feb 3rd 2013 new
I would love to be a part of this...thanks for organizing it, David!
Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Anne-923012 said: Hi David, I have only been on CM for 2 months now and missed your previous Novena. I would love to be inc...
(Quote) Anne-923012 said: Hi David, I have only been on CM for 2 months now and missed your previous Novena. I would love to be included in this one and have it count as my Lenten sacrifice. Hopefully I will not quit half way through. Thank you and God bless.
--hide--

Welcome to CM and to this novena!

After a couple weeks, it will become the source of joy during your Lent. The daily rosary is such a beautiful thing. It envelopes us in love, security, peace, and serenity.

rosary

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lois-902617 said: I would love to be a part of this...thanks for organizing it, David!
(Quote) Lois-902617 said: I would love to be a part of this...thanks for organizing it, David!
--hide--

Thanks for joining us. There are others who are organizing this. Credit to them as well. Start praying about your your petitions. I like to ask a confessor to suggest at least one petition for my novena. This helps take "me" out of the equation and inserts God instead.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-56598 said: This is from an earlier Novena on CM. I found it helpful, so would like to share it:
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

This is from an earlier Novena on CM. I found it helpful, so would like to share it:

This is for prayers in petition, you may change the wording slightly for prayers in thanksgiving.

We can start each Rosary with this prayer (optional):

O Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary, I thank you for your maternal protection, and for the many blessings I have received through your powerful intercession.

Blessed Mother you asked at Fatima for the daily recitation of the Rosary for peace in the world and in individual souls. I offer my Rosary as a spiritual "Bouquet of Roses" for the intentions of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, in atonement for the offenses committed against your Immaculate Heart, and in petition for the favors I ask in this Novena.

(List your petitions and those of all others who joined this Novena here. You can use the list of participants and read each person's name ... "and for the intentions of Allen, Andrea, Angie, etc.")

With great confidence in your powerful intercession, I place these petitions in your hands, and beseech you to present them to Jesus. He will never refuse what you ask Him.

--hide--

thanks for posting this Amy. It will be a big help...

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hopefully this makes you guys giggle. When I first read this: I read it as Thank you Dad, lol so...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Hopefully this makes you guys giggle. When I first read this: I read it as Thank you Dad, lol so I thought wow that's kind of cool, then I adjusted my glasses (new ones coming next week) and saw it was David, lol. So sorry David I promoted you to Christina's dad for a brief moment :-))).

--hide--

Lauren: laughing laughing

Feb 4th 2013 new

I don't understand why not just say the day's mysteries? I have the day's assignments memorized, I never have to try to remember where I am.

Feb 4th 2013 new

count me in too David.

Feb 4th 2013 new

Thank you Amy, all these last posts have been very helpful

Posts 41 - 50 of 200