Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Yes,you are on the right track.Maybe find a Latin Mass in your area too,and invite them.It seems ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

Yes,you are on the right track.Maybe find a Latin Mass in your area too,and invite them.It seems to have a big impact on people.

Listing of Traditional Latin Masses in WisconsinCheck to make sure times and locations are current.Let me know what you think is you go. badgercatholic.blogspot.com

--hide--

Oh, come on, get real. I am no fan of the Novus Ordo Mass.

The implication of your statement is that some how the Traditinal Latin Mass is the cure for what ails the Church. And that is pure hogwash. The Mass is the Mass. The Novus Ordo is a true and valid Mass just as much and just as spirtually effective as the Tradional Latin Mass.

Feb 4th 2013 new

What's an "ordinary catholic"? A cafeteria catholic? A catholic in name only?

Christ said the gates of Hell would not prevail against The Church, but of course, the sick minds of men may cause a division.

The face of the Church will change, and is changing, I think numbers will drop, and that we will see more influence from Eastern and African nations, ie. not so many pasty white faced cardinals and Popes. This is not a bad thing.

Europe is dying, it is sinking into the filth of secularism and sexualisation of the human person. America and other Western nations are the same. These places are rotting away in their bellies.

We will know the true Church by the Truth. IF you ever see a Pope sign the okay on gay marriage, contraception, abortion "women priests", then that's not the Pope God desired, and its not the Church he runs.

There might be a schism, there will the fake catholic church, and there will be the Catholic Church, which will probably be like it was in times of old, where Catholics had to risk their lives to hide priests and attend Mass. Where Church property will be taken, huge taxes levied, banning children from being instructed in the faith, et cetera.

And then when human civilisation collaspes into the filth they brought upon themselves, it will be the Catholic Church who once again, pulls them up out of it. Take comfort from the examples of history.

I'm actually not too worried, really. It'll certainly prove beyond any doubt, who's Catholic and who's not.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: There has been a crisis of Faith internally for quite some time in the Catholic Church.This is wh...

There has been a crisis of Faith internally for quite some time in the Catholic Church.This is why we must be firm in our belief and stay attached to what Our Holy Father says and not be swayed by what the World says.Hence,Abortion,Contraception,etc.The attack is a full frontal attack on the Family,and on the Catholic Church,which is the One true Church established by Jesus Christ Himself.

--hide--

We need to support and encourage our clergy. I spoke to one priest about why aren't there any homilies about the sancity of marriage and life, teaching why contraception is wrong and such. Lord knows I've heard enough homilies on the responsibiliyt as Christians that we have to buy energy efficient light bulbs [I am not kidding].

He said that they didn't want to isolate post-abortive women or anger contracepting couples. Even our priests are affraid of this PC nonsense. We need to pray for them to be gifted the words to speak lovingly and inclusively about the Truth, without deminishing its importance.

Our schools are also breeding grounds for atheism and anti-Catholic life choices. My entire schooling up to university was done in Catholic schools. When we had religion we heard about Muslim and Buddhist practices, about how the Anglicans choose their successor bishops, about how pagans still worship. Mass was seen as both boring and a way to get out of class for an hour. We were never taught the Catechism. I remember once, when I was 14, reaslising just how much trouble we were in, when I was the only one in the class of 30 standing up for the defence of the unborn child.

Of the 54 odd kids in my year at secondary school, I can count on one hand those who still claim the title Catholic. I just have to spend time on FB to see the mess our lack of education has done.

If we want to save our Church, and keep current numbers, we need clergy who are willing to preach the truth, and we need schools to do their jobs. Good math and English grades are not enough!

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Thank you David... One of my biggest obstacles is perseverance but I have made great str...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

Thank you David...

One of my biggest obstacles is perseverance but I have made great strides over the past few years

--hide--

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".

(Matthew 16:18. Douay-Rheims)

The Catholic Church will never fall. God said so Himself.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: What's an "ordinary catholic"? A cafeteria catholic? A catholic in name only? <...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

What's an "ordinary catholic"? A cafeteria catholic? A catholic in name only?

Christ said the gates of Hell would not prevail against The Church, but of course, the sick minds of men may cause a division.

The face of the Church will change, and is changing, I think numbers will drop, and that we will see more influence from Eastern and African nations, ie. not so many pasty white faced cardinals and Popes. This is not a bad thing.

Europe is dying, it is sinking into the filth of secularism and sexualisation of the human person. America and other Western nations are the same. These places are rotting away in their bellies.

We will know the true Church by the Truth. IF you ever see a Pope sign the okay on gay marriage, contraception, abortion "women priests", then that's not the Pope God desired, and its not the Church he runs.

There might be a schism, there will the fake catholic church, and there will be the Catholic Church, which will probably be like it was in times of old, where Catholics had to risk their lives to hide priests and attend Mass. Where Church property will be taken, huge taxes levied, banning children from being instructed in the faith, et cetera.

And then when human civilisation collaspes into the filth they brought upon themselves, it will be the Catholic Church who once again, pulls them up out of it. Take comfort from the examples of history.

I'm actually not too worried, really. It'll certainly prove beyond any doubt, who's Catholic and who's not.

--hide--

I think when he was refering to ordinary Catholics he was refering to Catholic's by name. It's not that I am worried about the future, actually I have read in several sources that the Catholic Church will face challenges ahead.

The real point of this thread was to make people aware of the crisis who aren't aware of it. I know as of a few years ago, I was not aware of any crisis in the faith or the church but after the pilgrimage I took to Lourdes, France and my grow in faith since then, I have become more aware of things around me.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. May God bless you Naomi

Feb 4th 2013 new
(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Oh, come on, get real. I am no fan of the Novus Ordo Mass. The implication of your statement is t...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

The implication of your statement is that some how the Traditinal Latin Mass is the cure for what ails the Church. And that is pure hogwash. The Mass is the Mass. The Novus Ordo is a true and valid Mass just as much and just as spirtually effective as the Tradional Latin Mass.

--hide--
I do agree with you Paul. I do go to the Novus Ordo Mass mostly at St. Agnes because the Novus Ordo Mass there is as beautiful as the Traditional Latin Mass. However, some of the churches that I have been to that only do the Novus Ordo Mass either speed quickly through the consecration prayers, the priests do the mass their own way, there is no tabernacle anywhere in the sanctuary (it is either in another room that is locked or it is in the adoration chapel) which I find really sad. Truth be told, my parents have not gone to mass in awhile, so I thought about inviting them to come with me to the Latin Mass at St. Agnes. The two churches that are closest to where I live are examples of some of the things I mentioned, which may be the reason my parents have stopped going.
Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: The world has always been falling apart. We've been through much worse in the pa...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

The world has always been falling apart. We've been through much worse in the past 2 millenia. have faith. trust God. Love God. Don't fear.

Above all, avoid isolating yourself among paranoid pharisees. Those who believe and love will have no cause to fear. We live in an age of great opportunity. Challenging times. Apostolic times. Be grateful - not fearful.

--hide--
Paranoid Pharisies? Oh David there you go again.Stop judging people.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Oh, come on, get real. I am no fan of the Novus Ordo Mass. The implication of your...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

--hide--
I never said the Novus Ordo Mass was invalid.I attend it myself.The Trad.Latin Mass is less distracting however.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: (Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Thank you David... One of my biggest o...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

Quote:
Jessica-897416 said:

Thank you David...

One of my biggest obstacles is perseverance but I have made great strides over the past few years

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".

(Matthew 16:18. Douay-Rheims)

The Catholic Church will never fall. God said so Himself.

--hide--
The Gates will never prevail against the Church as the Body of Christ,but alas, we have seen how many people have been swept away through major apostosies throughout Church History.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Paranoid Pharisies? Oh David there you go again.Stop judging people.

Paranoid Pharisies? Oh David there you go again.Stop judging people.

--hide--

Not judging. Just having a romp through my thesaurus.

Posts 11 - 20 of 68