Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: Paranoid Pharisies? Oh David there you go again...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

Paranoid Pharisies? Oh David there you go again.Stop judging people.

Not judging. Just having a romp through my thesaurus.

--hide--
eyebrow scratchchin

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: "And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my...
(Quote) Naomi-698107 said:

"And I say to thee: That thou art Peter; and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it".

(Matthew 16:18. Douay-Rheims)

The Catholic Church will never fall. God said so Himself.

--hide--

YES! Peter's boat will NEVER sink!!

I wish the Chicken Little's would have a little Faith and Hope.

We have a great opportunity to do good in challenging times. Rather than bemoan the state of things, we should be very very grateful.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: Thank you David... One of my biggest obstacles is perseverance but I have made great str...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

Thank you David...

One of my biggest obstacles is perseverance but I have made great strides over the past few years

--hide--

I used to despair. Then I finally realized it wasn't up to me to fix thingsd. God's in charge. Nothing happens in his world by accident. Things are unfolding according to God's plan. We need only ask for the grace to be faithful and trusting and full of hope in his goodness and tender mercy. Remember how you'd run into your father's arms when you a small girl and were hurt, frightened, or sad. He took care of you. It's the same with God. Alone we can do nothing. But if we flee to his protection, we'll have no fear.

We have a great opportunity to know love and serve God and our Church in these trying times. We do that by loving God and praying constantly.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The Gates will never prevail against the Church as the Body of Christ,but alas, we have seen how ...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

The Gates will never prevail against the Church as the Body of Christ,but alas, we have seen how many people have been swept away through major apostosies throughout Church History.

--hide--

There are always goign to be heretics and people who fall into such traps and yet the Church still remains, teaching the same today as it did 2,000 years ago. [If I may round up].

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: YES! Peter's boat will NEVER sink!! I wish the Chicken Little...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

YES! Peter's boat will NEVER sink!!

I wish the Chicken Little's would have a little Faith and Hope.

We have a great opportunity to do good in challenging times. Rather than bemoan the state of things, we should be very very grateful.

--hide--
A Protestant friend of mine was having a good old rail about how Christians really have it bad in this secular society.

But do we really? We're not at the stage where we get arrested for our faith, we don't have to dig priest holes under our houses or hold clandestine Masses. Our clergy aren't dragged from Churches and hanged in the public square. Our faith is still legal and we still have freedom of religion.

At least in the West.

How we can whinge about our poor burdens when right now, there are Chinese Christians being raped, tortured, imprisoned and executed because of their faith, when its a hangable/beheadable offence under Sharia law for a Muslim to convert?

We still have legal recourse, we still have protection under the law, we need to stop whinging about the mean things the nasty ole atheists say to us.

Granted, we need to be mindful of the attacks on religious freedoms, can't just hide under a rock, because one day we might wake up to find the Police on our door step ready to take us away to matyrdom.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: (Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The Gates will never prevail against the Church...

Quote:
Bernard-2709 said:

The Gates will never prevail against the Church as the Body of Christ,but alas, we have seen how many people have been swept away through major apostosies throughout Church History.

There are always goign to be heretics and people who fall into such traps and yet the Church still remains, teaching the same today as it did 2,000 years ago. [If I may round up].

--hide--

He proposed another parable to them. "The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a man who sowed good seed in his field. While everyone was asleep his enemy came and sowed weeds all through the wheat, and then went off. When the crop grew and bore fruit, the weeds appeared as well. The slaves of the householder came to him and said, 'Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? Where have the weeds come from?' He answered, 'An enemy has done this.' His slaves said to him, 'Do you want us to go and pull them up?' He replied, 'No, if you pull up the weeds you might uproot the wheat along with them. Let them grow together until harvest; then at harvest time I will say to the harvesters, "First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles for burning; but gather the wheat into my barn."'

MT 13:24-30

If Jesus foretold it and is loving enough to permit it, then our only job is to love him the more and to remain steadfastly faithful as well as HUMBLE, depending upon him for everything.

Feb 4th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: A Protestant friend of mine was having a good old rail about how Christians really have it bad in...

A Protestant friend of mine was having a good old rail about how Christians really have it bad in this secular society.

But do we really? We're not at the stage where we get arrested for our faith, we don't have to dig priest holes under our houses or hold clandestine Masses. Our clergy aren't dragged from Churches and hanged in the public square. Our faith is still legal and we still have freedom of religion.

At least in the West.

How we can whinge about our poor burdens when right now, there are Chinese Christians being raped, tortured, imprisoned and executed because of their faith, when its a hangable/beheadable offence under Sharia law for a Muslim to convert?

We still have legal recourse, we still have protection under the law, we need to stop whinging about the mean things the nasty ole atheists say to us.

Granted, we need to be mindful of the attacks on religious freedoms, can't just hide under a rock, because one day we might wake up to find the Police on our door step ready to take us away to matyrdom.

--hide--
So you really want to get scad??? Check out this book by Dr. Kelly Bowring and click on the videos and after that click on the buy the down load button and read the first couple of chapters for free from the Amazon site. He has written some good books on our times and this one will scare you on what might be on it's way. let me know what you think, her is the link.twoheartspress.com

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I never said the Novus Ordo Mass was invalid.I attend it myself.The Trad.Latin Mass is less distr...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I never said the Novus Ordo Mass was invalid.I attend it myself.The Trad.Latin Mass is less distracting however.

--hide--

I can't argue that the Latin Mass is less distracting for you. That is a subjective judgement that belongs only to the individual who feels that.

In my own case at the Novus Ordo Mass I am forced to attend, I ignore the caterwauling that passes for hymns and cringe at the woeful attempts at chant by the frustrated Opera Singers that in all my life seem to believe God has called them to sing in the choir and often insist on being soloists. I thank God I personally cannot carry a tune and any attempt at singing is a joke, so I feel no compunction about just keeping my mouth shut.

Of course when you get one of those who always had a vibrato voiced who get old and can no longer hit the notes properly, I have to cover my ears. Only then do I feel distracted.

For the rest of the silly stuff in the Novus Ordo, I just concentrate on the prayers and where the current English Translation does violence to the actual meaning of the Latin, I just read the Latin; the Gloria and the Credo are the most obvious examples.

So to me I am not really bothered by distractions. Long ago, I acquired the habit of being able to shut out distractions.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: So you really want to get scad??? Check out this book by Dr. Kelly Bowring and click on the vide...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

So you really want to get scad??? Check out this book by Dr. Kelly Bowring and click on the videos and after that click on the buy the down load button and read the first couple of chapters for free from the Amazon site. He has written some good books on our times and this one will scare you on what might be on it's way. let me know what you think, her is the link.twoheartspress.com

--hide--

I have no doubt that we are living in the "last days", and I have no doubt that the Church will be persecuted, but great caution is required in claiming when its going to happen and how. The "last days" are God's words, and are in God's time. It could mean another 10 years or it could mean another 1000. The Lord has shown me end of day things too, doesn't mean I'm going to go out and write a book, linking them to a few earthquakes and political unrest.

We continue on in our efforts, pray, defend life, defend religious liberty. IT'd help if the majority of American Catholics stopped voting for dirt bags like Obama.

But I take "end of times" books/prophecies with a grain of salt. There's plenty of them around of all flavours, I have quite a few myself, purchased in my youthful zeal days where I had boxes of blessed candles in wait for the Chastisement.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-698107 said: I have no doubt that we are living in the "last days", and I have no doubt tha...

I have no doubt that we are living in the "last days", and I have no doubt that the Church will be persecuted, but great caution is required in claiming when its going to happen and how. The "last days" are God's words, and are in God's time. It could mean another 10 years or it could mean another 1000. The Lord has shown me end of day things too, doesn't mean I'm going to go out and write a book, linking them to a few earthquakes and political unrest.

We continue on in our efforts, pray, defend life, defend religious liberty. IT'd help if the majority of American Catholics stopped voting for dirt bags like Obama.

But I take "end of times" books/prophecies with a grain of salt. There's plenty of them around of all flavours, I have quite a few myself, purchased in my youthful zeal days where I had boxes of blessed candles in wait for the Chastisement.

--hide--
The end of the World doesn't matter.It's the state of our souls that does.Our personal world could end tomorrow.Of course the Church will not be destroyed completely,but many individuals fall by the wayside.Mainly from bad clergyman.

Posts 21 - 30 of 68