Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Feb 4th 2013 new

Euchre is alive and well here in lower mid Michigan. You could probably find a tournament going every day during the week in the surrounding area

Steve wave

Feb 5th 2013 new

Well, then, I may just have to head back to my old haunts in Wayne County and find me a game!

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Well, then, I may just have to head back to my old haunts in Wayne County and find me a game!...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

Well, then, I may just have to head back to my old haunts in Wayne County and find me a game!

--hide--

I live in Wayne County......what part where you from?

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Well, then, I may just have to head back to my old haunts in Wayne County and find me a game!...

--hide--
Tracy, while you're in Wayne County, head on up to St. Clair County, we always have a euchre tournament going on somewhere.

Feb 5th 2013 new

I grew up in Dearborn Heights.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Who knows how to play Euchre? Is this just an Indiana past-time?

Who knows how to play Euchre? Is this just an Indiana past-time?

--hide--

I was born and raised on euchre in Canada(north of Toronto). Great memories.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: I grew up in Dearborn Heights.

I grew up in Dearborn Heights.

--hide--

I grew up in Allen Park went to High School in Southgate.

Feb 5th 2013 new

Euchre girl here too - been playing for 30-some years. However, born in MI and living in Indy - I guess I'm still keeping it in the mid west. wink laughing

Tracy, you're in luck, as there will be euchre games going at our party this weekend. Last year we had 3-4 tables going while we all ate, drank, and made merry! You'll meet several euchre players at the Chili Cook Off. Bring a deck of cards in case we need extras. wave See you then!

Feb 5th 2013 new

Mary, now I'm REALLY looking forward to this weekend!

I have the perfect deck of cards to bring ~ A 1963 Trivia deck that my daughter gave me for my birthday last month. I broke it in with my son and his friends last week...I got a loner, so I think I'll call it my 'Lucky Deck'.

It's kinda neat reading the trivia, but, really, why get me a 1963 deck? I was just a BABY! How about a 1979 deck full of fun facts...I was paying attention to a little bit more than pacifiers and diapers by then!

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Tracy, I've played euchre since I was a child. I have found over the years that it is a no...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Tracy, I've played euchre since I was a child. I have found over the years that it is a northern thang. I also have many friends in Canada who play. Euchre is my all time favorite card game.

By the way....I have a loner in hearts.

--hide--
I think the game was named after Bob Euchre --the retired baseball player, announcer and actor....... rolling eyes eyebrow faint

Posts 11 - 20 of 41