Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Table of Humility

Feb 4th 2013 new

Oh my goodness...

I agreed to buy a ticket from our youth group for a Valentine's day dinner, assuming it was on the day itself and I could skip out. The little girl selling me the tickets will end up a politician with her craftiness.

I have tried to explain to the kids (talking ages 15-20ish here) multiple times that they CANNOT "set me up" with anyone, especially not with the guy they keep trying to set me up with, because the annulment isn't done! You'd think that at a Catholic church after they spent a long time last year on the Theology of the Body for Teens there would be no issues.

Well, this is going to be awkward. The kids changed it to the Saturday before, so "everyone" could come. "There'll be a singles table, Ms. Katherine, but you know that will be a whole lot of old people and Fr. will be sitting, why don't you come?" So I give in, and agree to come in front of most of the church in the foyer.

Now the 17 year old evil genius has triumphed. Her sister leaked the seating chart to me. The "singles table" consists of me, the fellow they consistently try to set me up with, and Father. This sounds like a ridiculous silly thing, let me be the grownup and just laugh it off, etcetera...except you guys have no idea how awkward it is to be around this guy. I have been to confession several times over my silly crush on him and it's been consistent for, well, since I met him that I get awkward. Luckily, he is either completely oblivious or a real gentleman and ignoring it.

So what do you think - do I skip or go sit at this dinner and try to enjoy a steak without embarassing myself by stuttering and staring at the tablecloth the whole time?

Feb 4th 2013 new

Just go, smile and have fun!
After all the priest is at your table too, so no by-stander can say anything out of the way!

Feb 4th 2013 new

Don't get wrapped around the axle about this.. It's a doggone dinner with lots of other people around..It's not a secret tryst.. Nobody has ever said you have to be a troll living under a bridge just because you don't have an annulment.

Feb 4th 2013 new
Have a great time and maybe there will be a few more at the table and conversation will flow.
Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Oh my goodness...I agreed to buy a ticket from our youth group for a Valentine...
(Quote) Katherine-868943 said:

Oh my goodness...

I agreed to buy a ticket from our youth group for a Valentine's day dinner, assuming it was on the day itself and I could skip out. The little girl selling me the tickets will end up a politician with her craftiness.

I have tried to explain to the kids (talking ages 15-20ish here) multiple times that they CANNOT "set me up" with anyone, especially not with the guy they keep trying to set me up with, because the annulment isn't done! You'd think that at a Catholic church after they spent a long time last year on the Theology of the Body for Teens there would be no issues.

Well, this is going to be awkward. The kids changed it to the Saturday before, so "everyone" could come. "There'll be a singles table, Ms. Katherine, but you know that will be a whole lot of old people and Fr. will be sitting, why don't you come?" So I give in, and agree to come in front of most of the church in the foyer.

Now the 17 year old evil genius has triumphed. Her sister leaked the seating chart to me. The "singles table" consists of me, the fellow they consistently try to set me up with, and Father. This sounds like a ridiculous silly thing, let me be the grownup and just laugh it off, etcetera...except you guys have no idea how awkward it is to be around this guy. I have been to confession several times over my silly crush on him and it's been consistent for, well, since I met him that I get awkward. Luckily, he is either completely oblivious or a real gentleman and ignoring it.

So what do you think - do I skip or go sit at this dinner and try to enjoy a steak without embarassing myself by stuttering and staring at the tablecloth the whole time?

--hide--

Heheh. Oh, to be in your situation! I'd love to have someone set me up with someone who had a crush on me. :-) Go and have a good time! Relax!

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Don't get wrapped around the axle about this.. It's a doggone dinner with lots of other pe...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Don't get wrapped around the axle about this.. It's a doggone dinner with lots of other people around..It's not a secret tryst.. Nobody has ever said you have to be a troll living under a bridge just because you don't have an annulment.

--hide--

Right on, Donna. This is one of the things my priest said to me (different words, same message). Gotta live life, within appropriate bounds, as we wait for annulment decisions (that hopefully will be favorable.)

Feb 5th 2013 new

Just go. Smile. Keep your eyes open. The right single may be sitting across the room.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Just go. Smile. Keep your eyes open. The right single may be sitting across the room.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Just go. Smile. Keep your eyes open. The right single may be sitting across the room.

--hide--

David..I think that's what she's afraid of..

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-868943 said: Oh my goodness...I agreed to buy a ticket from our youth group for a Valentine...

Oh my goodness...

--hide--
Hi Katherine, considering the history you mention, would you be able to discuss this with the priest mentioned, or your confessor ?

Feb 7th 2013 new

Oh my goodness...

--hide--

After the Party/ Dinner be sure to let us know what happens!

Posts 1 - 10 of 23