Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: The first one was definitely the hardest to let go. Not to say that it was ever e...
(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said:

The first one was definitely the hardest to let go. Not to say that it was ever easy, but when you get to see your efforts come full circle, it is totally worth it.:) My family and I raised 7 pups; 2 of those were from 8 weeks to 15 months when they went back for formal training. The other 5 varied in ages, as we finished raising them for volunteers who could no longer raise them for one reason or another. We had the wonderful opportunity to attend the graduations of the dogs who went on to become guide dogs. Getting to meet their new owners, and seeing how much of a difference we were able to make in their lives was truly worth while. I hope to one day raise more dogs for them!

--hide--

That is such a nice and kind thing to do, Jennifer. I commend you and your family. Do you get any financial help
with the dogs and their medical bills or food bills? It does get expensive to raise the little ones.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: That is such a nice and kind thing to do, Jennifer. I commend you and your family. Do ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

That is such a nice and kind thing to do, Jennifer. I commend you and your family. Do you get any financial help
with the dogs and their medical bills or food bills? It does get expensive to raise the little ones.

--hide--

Thank you, Marianne, it was truly a pleasure to do, and such a wonderful experience! We were responsible for dog food/toys (there was a tax deduction for these though), but Guiding Eyes took care of all veterinary expenses.

Feb 6th 2013 new

The Budweiser ad was my favorite. I actually shed some tears over that one.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I am starting to think you have a chip on your shoulder, John.
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

I am starting to think you have a chip on your shoulder, John.

--hide--

If you were referring to my previous post then no, actually I didn't harbor a grudge towards you,.. at least in that post. Its just my sarcasim towards people who do not see the danger in watching these ads since they carry a volley of subliminals.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: If you were referring to my previous post then no, actually I didn't harbor a grudge ...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

If you were referring to my previous post then no, actually I didn't harbor a grudge towards you,.. at least in that post. Its just my sarcasim towards people who do not see the danger in watching these ads since they carry a volley of subliminals.

--hide--

No, I was not referring to your previous post, about "Yes, Mommy." It was endearing. But I am starting to thing that
you are concentrating on too many negatives for one person. Psychologically, it is much better to look for the good.
You are only one person. You don't have to monitor the negative things for the rest of the world. You are a firefighter.
You see enough tradgedy. And God bless you for your help as a firefighter.

Go to museums and look at beautiful artwork. Go to the botanical gardens or the Garden of the Gods or other
beautiful places and fill your soul with happiness and the best of nature and humanity.

This is a lifestyle change. You may not even realize your negativity. There is so much goodness out there in life,
(there is also so much negativity and horrificness.) You don't have to look for the negativity, it will find you. But
going after the positive takes a bit of energy, but will return in spades.

I wish you the best, of course.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said: Thank you, Marianne, it was truly a pleasure to do, and such a wonderful...
(Quote) Jennifer-567618 said:

Thank you, Marianne, it was truly a pleasure to do, and such a wonderful experience! We were responsible for dog food/toys (there was a tax deduction for these though), but Guiding Eyes took care of all veterinary expenses.

--hide--

Well, that is good to hear that you don't have to pay the Vet bills. The other expenses are a little less costly, unless
of course, your dog is 100 pounds.

That is such a wonderful thing you do, as I said before. Good luck to you and all the little puppies.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: No, I was not referring to your previous post, about "Yes, Mommy." It was endearing. But I ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: No, I was not referring to your previous post, about "Yes, Mommy." It was endearing. But I am starting to thing that
you are concentrating on too many negatives for one person. Psychologically, it is much better to look for the good.
You are only one person. You don't have to monitor the negative things for the rest of the world. You are a firefighter.

Go to museums and look at beautiful artwork. Go to the botanical gardens or the Garden of the Gods or other
beautiful places and fill your soul with happiness and the best of nature and humanity.

This is a lifestyle change. You may not even realize your negativity. There is so much goodness out there in life,
(there is also so much negativity and horrificness.) You don't have to look for the negativity, it will find you. But

--hide--

I wasn't referring to the post in the other thread I was referring to my post in this thread.

"I am starting to think you have a chip on your shoulder, John."

I responded by stating that I didn't harbor a grudge when I posted it.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: No, I was not referring to your previous post, about "Yes, Mommy." It was endearing. But I ...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: No, I was not referring to your previous post, about "Yes, Mommy." It was endearing. But I am starting to thing that

--hide--

I am not negative..you are simply overly sensitive, and probably don't realize it. You should learn the virtues of fortitude and those little things that bother you will go away.

Feb 6th 2013 new
God made a farmer was my favorite also. I can't call myself a farmer since my profession forces me to work in town but my Dodge truck hauls the tools I use on my hobby farm in the country. I love my big V8 Dodge RamCharger.
Posts 21 - 29 of 29