Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

02/02/2013 new

Glad for you. Does it make a difference in your connection with God? M wave

02/02/2013 new

Thank you everyone! Does it take very long for the 2nd decision to come around?

Hmm, does it make a difference in my connection with God? I'm gonna have to say no...because I left it in God's hand to guide me through this. I prayed alot (still pray), that I keep an open heart & mind & hear what He wants me to learn from all this. I don't take it as a sign that I should run out and get remarried, but rather that God acknowledges that I did the best I could. It is a validation, for me, something I needed.

02/02/2013 new

The length of time it takes for the 2nd decision to be made varies. It should be a shorter period than the 1st as long as you don't add any new testimony. It is important remember that the Annulment process is a time for reflection and growth. It is good to hear that you are not planning to run out and remarry. And I plan on following that advice since I just received my final decision today. Continuing to Praying for you.

02/02/2013 new

Big Congrats Tim!! And I send prayers right back to you! smile

02/03/2013 new

Hi Laura,

I know what you mean about the wide range of emotions. I filed my paperwork a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it's normal to feel that way except in very extreme circumstances and even then it's probably not easy.

Praying for you!

Dan

02/05/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move on to the final judgement. It is a very weird feeling (sad, exhilirating, hurt & joy), but I am ready to move forwards! Continued prayers please!

--hide--

Hi Laura...

It was two years ago that I received the final decision on mine, but I well remember the huge well of conflicting emotions... relief, grief, praise, anger that I had to go through it, & thansgiving to God for confirmation on what I had begun to believe as truth.... the marriage was off base from day one. In retrospect, I believe the annulment process helped me to heal the most... though It's still an ongoing process. Conflicting emotions are a common reaction. With prayer I found that I was able to sort out what feelings to keep, and what feelings to dissmiss as a ploy of the evil one to knock me off balance... God is so good! rose rose rose

02/06/2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move on to the final judgement. It is a very weird feeling (sad, exhilirating, hurt & joy), but I am ready to move forwards! Continued prayers please!

--hide--

this is good news. why sad? why hurt?

02/06/2013 new

This process helps the healing. Have faith. God has a beautiful plan for you.

02/07/2013 new

OMG!!!!

For sure I will pray!
Just tell me where it happened? wave

02/07/2013 new

Congratulations!
I imagine how I could feel in a moment like this.

Blessings!

Posts 11 - 20 of 78