Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Glad for you. Does it make a difference in your connection with God? M wave

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Thank you everyone! Does it take very long for the 2nd decision to come around?

Hmm, does it make a difference in my connection with God? I'm gonna have to say no...because I left it in God's hand to guide me through this. I prayed alot (still pray), that I keep an open heart & mind & hear what He wants me to learn from all this. I don't take it as a sign that I should run out and get remarried, but rather that God acknowledges that I did the best I could. It is a validation, for me, something I needed.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

The length of time it takes for the 2nd decision to be made varies. It should be a shorter period than the 1st as long as you don't add any new testimony. It is important remember that the Annulment process is a time for reflection and growth. It is good to hear that you are not planning to run out and remarry. And I plan on following that advice since I just received my final decision today. Continuing to Praying for you.

Feb 2nd 2013 new

Big Congrats Tim!! And I send prayers right back to you! smile

Feb 3rd 2013 new

Hi Laura,

I know what you mean about the wide range of emotions. I filed my paperwork a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure it's normal to feel that way except in very extreme circumstances and even then it's probably not easy.

Praying for you!

Dan

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move on to the final judgement. It is a very weird feeling (sad, exhilirating, hurt & joy), but I am ready to move forwards! Continued prayers please!

--hide--

Hi Laura...

It was two years ago that I received the final decision on mine, but I well remember the huge well of conflicting emotions... relief, grief, praise, anger that I had to go through it, & thansgiving to God for confirmation on what I had begun to believe as truth.... the marriage was off base from day one. In retrospect, I believe the annulment process helped me to heal the most... though It's still an ongoing process. Conflicting emotions are a common reaction. With prayer I found that I was able to sort out what feelings to keep, and what feelings to dissmiss as a ploy of the evil one to knock me off balance... God is so good! rose rose rose

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move on to the final judgement. It is a very weird feeling (sad, exhilirating, hurt & joy), but I am ready to move forwards! Continued prayers please!

--hide--

this is good news. why sad? why hurt?

Feb 6th 2013 new

This process helps the healing. Have faith. God has a beautiful plan for you.

Feb 7th 2013 new

OMG!!!!

For sure I will pray!
Just tell me where it happened? wave

Feb 7th 2013 new

Congratulations!
I imagine how I could feel in a moment like this.

Blessings!

Posts 11 - 20 of 78