Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Irene-678371 said: Hola Jennifer!Two things to consider:first: in this site there is not any offensive emo <...
(Quote) Irene-678371 said:

Hola Jennifer!
Two things to consider:
first: in this site there is not any offensive emo
second:the most people subscribes in this site has a main interest: to meet people in order to develop a relationship as a friend or like a partner of life.
With the above consideraration in mind, I think that there is no problem in start a contact with somebody who seems like a nice person. Sometimes our fears do not let us to reach that we really wants in Life.If you do not do the first movement how he could know how wonderful person you are?

Let go for him!

--hide--

Great post Irene! Welcome to CM and to the forums!

Feb 6th 2013 new

Hello Jennifer!

I know I'm not a guy(!) but since most of your responders have not been, I feel I'm in good company in responding! I would certainly send an emote with a short message in it to a man you are interested. I didn't initially think this was a good idea, but William-607613 posted some good advice about this in one of the threads - he said that he doesn't consider and emote as too forward, because you are not asking a man on a date, just expressing interest - in at least friendship! The reality is that one can't know if they are a match from a photo and a few paragraphs. You have to make contact and talk. I've had some positive outcomes from doing so (and many not so positive of course too). But if you are going to do this, you will have to develop a thick skin and not be hurt if he doesn't respond. It's all part of the process. God bless!

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-939674 said: Hi there men of CM.... I am an old fashioned type of lady, and really want the man to make the...
(Quote) Jennifer-939674 said:

Hi there men of CM.... I am an old fashioned type of lady, and really want the man to make the first move.. that being said, I think these emotigrams are cute and harmless... and maybe hint at the guy I have an interest. Do you men like a woman who send a flirt, or do you prefer to make the first move ?? And if you do,what if, as a lady, I see your profile and I am interested... I just joined this site and was curious about your thoughts....

Thank you!

Jennifer

--hide--
Welcome to the forums Jennifer! Personally, I think life is WAY too short to be worried about who goes first. If you see an interesting profile, don't be shy about beaming a smile or a short note. Go for it! If you don't get a response, remember that there could be many reasons why they did not respond that actually have nothing to do with you personally. It's not always that they are not interested, so relax and try not to over-think it. Have FUN!!

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Jennifer-939674 said: Hi there men of CM.... I am an old fashioned type of lady, and really want the man to make the...
(Quote) Jennifer-939674 said:

Hi there men of CM.... I am an old fashioned type of lady, and really want the man to make the first move.. that being said, I think these emotigrams are cute and harmless... and maybe hint at the guy I have an interest. Do you men like a woman who send a flirt, or do you prefer to make the first move ?? And if you do,what if, as a lady, I see your profile and I am interested... I just joined this site and was curious about your thoughts....

Thank you!

Jennifer

--hide--

I'm cool with it. No issue or problem.

Feb 6th 2013 new

You should try sending one with a few words, or if you are so shy, then try looking at his profile first, maybe he will look at yours too. wink

Feb 6th 2013 new
Think back to Christmas morning. Were you excited to see all the wrapping paper? Most anyone is glad to receive a surprise.
MERRY CHRISTMAS1!!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS1!!"

Feb 6th 2013 new
I enjoy getting them and I don't think any less of the Lady for sending one first,I can be slow on such matters at times :)
Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) John-917143 said: I think its fine for women to send emotigrams. An emote would be an even better hi...
(Quote) John-917143 said:

I think its fine for women to send emotigrams.

An emote would be an even better hint! Personally speaking, I'm with Steven on this one. I automatically assume they aren't interested. I've noticed that people who visit my profile show their interest by sending an emotigram or answering my test.

--hide--

Guys, thank you for sharing. It's helpful to know, and I will definitely take all this into consideration.

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-360218 said: I always like getting them... If a woman views my profile and doesn't send one I just assume...
(Quote) Steven-360218 said:

I always like getting them... If a woman views my profile and doesn't send one I just assume she isn't interested and I move on. I'm not 100% up to speed on the emotigram etiquette, but it's a nice way to say hello.

--hide--

I agree completely with this. When a woman views my profile and then says nothing, I just assume that she's not interested. If she sends a smile, I'll definitely read over her whole profile.

Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) John-917143 said: I think its fine for women to send emotigrams. (Quote) Annie-892455 said:
(Quote) John-917143 said:

I think its fine for women to send emotigrams.

Quote:
Annie-892455 said:

Steven, for me, viewing a guy's profile (particularly if he didn't first view mine) actually shows that I may indeed be interested, even though I almost never send him a message or emote first...I just like him to take the hint and choose to initiate the conversation.

An emote would be an even better hint! Personally speaking, I'm with Steven on this one. I automatically assume they aren't interested. I've noticed that people who visit my profile show their interest by sending an emotigram or answering my test.

--hide--

I tend to see a visit to my profile as someone just looking. I think that if the lady was interested, an emote, message or test taken would be an appropriate follow up, otherwise they saw something they didn't like, or just didn't wish to ask for more information.
Posts 21 - 30 of 44