Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: I have been there at restaurants on tha...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

I have been there at restaurants on that SPECIAL NIGHT. Never again. It brings all sorts of odd couples out and odd behaviors. One year a singing performer sat on my boyfriend's lap. TAWDRY YES. Other times we saw oddly paired couples who distracted us from our time together as well as restaurant owners who could not resist bringing in more tables and chairs so that NO ONE HAD ANY PRIVACY! You could not speak- let alone get down on one knee to propose- no room and no talking without everyone hearing every syllable.

Mothers day is even worse. People who have NO business eating in public crawl out from under rocks and go to brunch.

--hide--

Isn't Mothers Day always a Sunday? shocked

Feb 5th 2013 new

Dan makes a great point - it's the thought that counts; anything indicating how special I am to her is well-received. But, if pressed, I would say homemade chocolate chip cookies (Toll House is the best) or brownies with peanut butter. If not a dessert, then homemade spaghetti bolognese. I don't need the calories, but I'd definitely eat it like it was my last meal.

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: The ladies (primarily) have been asked for their preference chocolates or flowers. How would you ans...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: The ladies (primarily) have been asked for their preference chocolates or flowers. How would you answer: cookies, brownies, cupcakes or .......... (Fill in the blank)
--hide--

Oh to tell the truth, actually, I do love flowers! I keep plenty of them around the house...both real ones and artificial, as well. The real flowers, of course, must stay away from Penny, or she will eat them!

For those who are wondering...this is Penny!

Penny, 2011

"Penny, 2011"

Feb 5th 2013 new

Warm brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top biggrin

Feb 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Isn't Mothers Day always a Sunday?
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Isn't Mothers Day always a Sunday?

--hide--

What, they can't crawl out from under rocks on Sundays?

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: The ladies (primarily) have been asked for their preference chocolates or flowers. How would you ans...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: The ladies (primarily) have been asked for their preference chocolates or flowers. How would you answer: cookies, brownies, cupcakes or .......... (Fill in the blank)
--hide--

Nothing beats homemade cookies from a lovely lady. :-)

Feb 6th 2013 new
That is nice.
Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Mothers day is even worse. People who have NO business eating in public crawl out from under rocks and ...
(Quote) David-364112 said: Mothers day is even worse. People who have NO business eating in public crawl out from under rocks and go to brunch.

--hide--

But, then, I've seen these people at Friday nite Bingo, too.

Feb 6th 2013 new

Even better: Chocolate-peanut butter brownies, still warm, with a scoop of french vanilla. A little extra for the palate.

Feb 6th 2013 new

(Quote) Beverly-936499 said: But, then, I've seen these people at Friday nite Bingo, too.
(Quote) Beverly-936499 said:

But, then, I've seen these people at Friday nite Bingo, too.

--hide--

so that's where they are during the other 364 days of the year. wink

Posts 31 - 40 of 57