Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

02/06/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said: So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said:

So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and marrage goes. I have been in the US Navy for a little over three years and I have wondered many times "what do men, especially civilian (non-military) men think about women in the military?

--hide--

Hi Elizabeth,

I've had a good deal of experience working with military people both active duty and retired in my educational and professional life. In general, I have a lot of respect for military people and I would have no problem dating or marrying a military woman. But, the military is a cultural on to it's own and I think there are some guys, especially around your age group, that will have a problem relating to that.

02/07/2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said: So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and ...

So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and marrage goes. I have been in the US Navy for a little over three years and I have wondered many times "what do men, especially civilian (non-military) men think about women in the military?

--hide--
I have no problem whatsoever with women in the military in general, in active combat too, nor the thought of dating or marrying someone in active duty.

02/07/2013 new

--hide--

Welcome to CM and to the forums Elizabeth!

It probably doesn't matter what men feel about it. They are soldiers and are now under orders to accept this.

02/07/2013 new

I'm proud of anyone who wears the uniorm of this country and grateful to them for their service. I would gladly date a woman in the military. They tend to have greater strength of character. They don't fuss and complain as much as self-absorbed civilian women. Their heads are on straight.

02/07/2013 new

--hide--

hey Elizabeth.. Welcome to the Forums biggrin I think Justin's answer comes pretty close to answering your question- the military is a "culture" unto its own. As a former Marine i totally value my military experience! It has helped me achieve success in everyday life and connect with other veterans in work life -not just former Marines but any branch and especially if they had a positive military experience. In re. to your question, my Op is that how you view or value your experience in the military is what's important. You'll have more of a connection with someone that has a similar background, but may have a challenge with someone your age who never made the same choice you did to serve and doesn't understand the high level of dedication being in the military requires, but it doesnt' have to define you either. Praying biggrin thumbsup

02/07/2013 new
(Quote) Elizabeth-716627 said: So I have been dying to know what men think about women in the military as far as dating and marrage goes. ...

--hide--

after a short stay in the Navy (4 months worth), I would have no objection. There was a time that I felt I got rushed out, but I don't think Military Service, no matter how limited (or lack thereof) should be looked upon as a negative. Military service has its pluses and minuses.
02/07/2013 new

My daughter is in the AF as are my sons. At 27, the issue she ahs is twofold. First, she is an officer which means that she is limited in teh workforce and she is stationed at a small base overseas. Second, when she was in an AFIT sponsored master's degree, men did not relish the idea of following her around. She feels that only another military person would get it.

02/07/2013 new

I think a woman wanting to serve her country is just as honorable as a man wanting to.

02/07/2013 new

As far as dating or marriage goes, I'd be proud to have a wife in the military - although I sure would miss her.

02/07/2013 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I'm all for it.
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

I'm all for it.

--hide--
You did good Brian, she's a doll!

Posts 11 - 20 of 24