Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Feb 7th 2013 new

y a real odd ball too

Feb 7th 2013 new

Hi, Francis!

I do agree that it is rude to block someone just for saying hello, but, try to keep this in perspective. There may be many reasons that person decided to hit the block button, one of which not taking the time to even read what blocking means. It seems to me that some people who have been on other sites tend to not see how CM is different. I just went back and looked in my messages to see what blocking says - it says "block messages with XXXX" and I'm betting that, to some, that means blocking it from their sight. If someone has been on EHarmony (I think that's the one), they can "close" messaging with someone they are not interested in and it puts those messages in a different section of their mailbox. Perhaps the lady in question was trying to do that.

I prefer to not dwell on the why or how rude a person is - if they're not interested, why waste another thought on them? scratchchin

Feb 7th 2013 new

Francis,

I do think it is rude to block someone for just saying hello. Unfortunately in today's world, technology has made it easy to make us all anonymous and not own up to our actions of not being polite.

The only reason anyone should block a person, is they were rude or they persisted in contacting you after you told them you are not interested.

I wish you the best. wave And keep the faith.

Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Or they would know better.
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Or they would know better.

--hide--

Or not. Just sayin', Donna.
Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Bryan-7889 said: Or not. Just sayin', Donna.
(Quote) Bryan-7889 said:

Or not. Just sayin', Donna.
--hide--

Oh ye of little faith Bryan.. wink

Feb 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Oh ye of little faith Bryan..
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Oh ye of little faith Bryan..

--hide--

Just being realistic/practical/head screwed on straight, Donna.
Feb 8th 2013 new
(Quote) Francis-666100 said: Do any of you feel that it comes off as a little rude to block a person just for saying hello? I have experie...
(Quote) Francis-666100 said:

Do any of you feel that it comes off as a little rude to block a person just for saying hello? I have experienced this more then a few times and it seems rude to me. I completely understand blocking people for being inapropriate or creepy but blocking someone for being nice seems to be the wrong way to go about things.

I think we all men and women have to not use the fact that were behind a computer screen as an excuse to throw common manners out the window. After all we are all people whom experience simalar feelings. We all need to remember the Golden Rule from elementary school, in the long run we will all be better for it

--hide--

I don't quite agree. I have flip flopped on this matter from time to time, but now I believe it is better to be blocked than to get no answer at all.

If the other doesn't want to communicate with you, just deal with it and move on. (Of course, it doesn't really matter to me, since on Ash Wednesday, I am going on CM fasting. It has been a good two years here.)
Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Francis-666100 said: Do any of you feel that it comes off as a little rude to block a person just for saying hello? ...

Do any of you feel that it comes off as a little rude to block a person just for saying hello? I have experienced this more then a few times and it seems rude to me. I completely understand blocking people for being inapropriate or creepy but blocking someone for being nice seems to be the wrong way to go about things.

I think we all men and women have to not use the fact that were behind a computer screen as an excuse to throw common manners out the window. After all we are all people whom experience simalar feelings. We all need to remember the Golden Rule from elementary school, in the long run we will all be better for it

--hide--

Francis, I am sorry that this happened to you. Yes, I agree with you that it's rude for someone to block you for saying hello. Certainly there could be some reality based reason for such behavior, but the primary reason would probably be excessive fear or perhaps social awkwardness. The reality is, CM is definitely part of our postlapsarian (cool new word I just learned!) world. Accept the reality of where this person is, affirm the fact that you are a child of God worthy of being treated with dignity and move on! That's all we can do. I hope you find a girl that will welcome with much happiness your attentions! God bless you!

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said. Unfortunately the ones who react this way probably aren't coming into the Forums. Or they would know ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said. Unfortunately the ones who react this way probably aren't coming into the Forums. Or they would know better.

--hide--

I got a "don't want to communicate w/ you" today, and Bingo - she, at least, doesn't Post in the Forums.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Francis-666100 said: You are all missing the point of this post. My goal is not to gain pitty or sympathy its maily ...

You are all missing the point of this post. My goal is not to gain pitty or sympathy its maily being used to bring attention to the fact that peple both men and women need to use manners and respect people. My view is simply this if you would not treat a person with indifference on the street don't do it in respect to your interactions here. My main reason for posting this question was that I wanted to bring this issue to light because feel that if people respect eachother then chances are the community as a whole wil become better.

--hide--

Yes You are correct that there needs to be respect shown and it will enhance the community when there is respect shown.

Posts 21 - 30 of 43