Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Feb 7th 2013 new

Healing the Brokenhearted. ??

I don't like recovery. I see this as a separate forum to the widow/widowers.

Feb 7th 2013 new

Forget my previous post, "Brokenhearted" isn't necessary.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: There has been some discussion in one of the threads in the Widows/Widowers Room and the sugges...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

There has been some discussion in one of the threads in the Widows/Widowers Room and the suggestion that it would be very helpful if there was a Grief Room for those grieving the loss of a spouse/children/parents/siblings/etc.

I just want to put my 2 cents in. I think this would be a wonderful, very helpful, supportive room for many here on CM that have recently (or not so recently) lost someone. Although the acute stage of grieving goes on usually for a year or so, it takes much longer to heal (if one ever completely does) from some (if not all) of these losses.

I know that this is an internet dating site, but it is also a Catholic site providing many resources for single persons including friendship, emotional support (in divorced and widows rooms), social gatherings, etc. I would think if there can be rooms for these good purposes, there also could be a room for those who are grieving.

It would truly be a wonderful act of charity/kindness of the part of CM Administration to do this. Perhaps it could be started at least on a trial basis to see how it would work out. Remember, we all grieve for someone close who had been close to us at some point in our lives (and it can happen to anyone at any point in time). Let us be supportive to each other, and what better place than a Catholic website!

--hide--

I'm not so sure we should have a room for this - more people may end up getting hurt in the healing room. Prayer may be the only good answer.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: One other thought I had would be regarding the name of such a "grief" room. Obviously...

One other thought I had would be regarding the name of such a "grief" room. Obviously it could be called a grief room, but that is a rather depressing name. So, how about a "Recovery" room or "Healing" room for those suffering from the loss of someone. I think that a name such as one of these would be more hopeful. I'd be interested in other's opinions about this.

--hide--

Did you read Debbies note from Nathan in the Widowed room?.. There is no intention to add any more rooms..Brian has said this also in several posts..

Feb 8th 2013 new

two cents Do you think people would be squeamish if "grieving" threads appeared in one of the general rooms, like St. Peter's Square? scratchchin

I'm uncomfortable with too much "segregation". Everyone here can learn something from everyone else, whether it's something relating to grief, divorce, child-rearing, or whatever. If we box everybody up, maybe we're cutting off opportunities for growth.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Did you read Debbies note from Nathan in the Widowed room?.. There is no intention to...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Did you read Debbies note from Nathan in the Widowed room?.. There is no intention to add any more rooms..Brian has said this also in several posts..

--hide--

Actually, Nathan (in his note via Debbie) said he wasn't going to touch on the "grieving" room suggestion because he was hungry and going home, but he wasn't ignoring it. So, he didn't say anything one way or the other about adding or not adding another room. But, you know Admin. better than I do as to what they would do (although long ago I learned not to make any assumptions).

I still think it would be a good idea for a "Healing/Grieving" Room, but, of course, it is up to Admin. what they do.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Do you think people would be squeamish if "grieving" threads appeared in one of the gen...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Do you think people would be squeamish if "grieving" threads appeared in one of the general rooms, like St. Peter's Square?

I'm uncomfortable with too much "segregation". Everyone here can learn something from everyone else, whether it's something relating to grief, divorce, child-rearing, or whatever. If we box everybody up, maybe we're cutting off opportunities for growth.

--hide--

Well, of course, I suppose you could always try it, although it seems like such a lighthearted room for non-serious matters that it doesn't seem a fit to me (just my opinion).

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Actually, Nathan (in his note via Debbie) said he wasn't going to touch on the &quo...

Actually, Nathan (in his note via Debbie) said he wasn't going to touch on the "grieving" room suggestion because he was hungry and going home, but he wasn't ignoring it. So, he didn't say anything one way or the other about adding or not adding another room. But, you know Admin. better than I do as to what they would do (although long ago I learned not to make any assumptions).

I still think it would be a good idea for a "Healing/Grieving" Room, but, of course, it is up to Admin. what they do.

--hide--

I know that Brian has posted a number of times that there will be no more rooms added.. They just went through the process a few months ago to eliminate and combine a significant number of rooms to reduce the number of rooms. They just got rid of another one also. the Lost and Found room.. It would be completely redundant to add a 'Healing room' when you already have two rooms that can serve that purpose. Brian just posted a couple of days ago that there currant focus is on improving the mobile capabilities and there were no current plans to do anything else with Forum improvement for a long time. To be asking for any rooms to be added at this point is a waste of time.

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I know that Brian has posted a number of times that there will be no more rooms added...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I know that Brian has posted a number of times that there will be no more rooms added.. They just went through the process a few months ago to eliminate and combine a significant number of rooms to reduce the number of rooms. They just got rid of another one also. the Lost and Found room.. It would be completely redundant to add a 'Healing room' when you already have two rooms that can serve that purpose. Brian just posted a couple of days ago that there currant focus is on improving the mobile capabilities and there were no current plans to do anything else with Forum improvement for a long time. To be asking for any rooms to be added at this point is a waste of time.

--hide--

Thanks for letting us know, Donna. (However, although divorced and widowed have their rooms, and I suppose people who lost children could share in single parenting - people who have other losses such as loss of parents or siblings or close friend, etc. don't really have a place to discuss this. I looked at all the forums, and really the only places I think a "grief" thread could be started (other than divorced or widowed) might be the over 45 room or the under 45 room as I really don't think it fits under single living or St. Peter's.) or perhaps the women's room or the men's room I guess - but that would of course be limited to their own gender.

Feb 8th 2013 new

My two cents? I initially jopined only for the widow/widower forums. I found so much more in terms of friends and I came back yesterday because maybe, just maybe I will be more comfortable with the online dating idea on this site. The road is broken. Somnetimes everything goes well and then someone else gets sick, dies, or events come up, or we just have an off day. While many people have a idea about a timeline for grieving, the bottom line is that nobody ever tells a person to stop being happy. As a widow who spent her whole adult life married to someone, their are so many things that I will probably need to talk to another widow/widower about in the dating process. I think it would be a wonderful addition.

Posts 11 - 20 of 28