Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 7th 2013 new

[quote]Nilda-834707 said:

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

I would like to know if others my age have experienced this as well.

Nilda-I am new to CM and 68 years old but have met someone who makes me feel like I am back in college again. When Cupid shoots that little arrow it doesn't matter how old you are. Keep looking and praying. It sounds like you deserve the best.


Leonard

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: You are a wise young man, John. Thanks for the encouragement.
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

You are a wise young man, John. Thanks for the encouragement.

--hide--

Aww thanks Nilda. I appreciate the kind words! biggrin

Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man?...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

I would like to know if others my age have experienced this as well.

--hide--


I have thought of throwing in the towel at 53.....I knew I should have gotten married at 44
Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-738259 said: definitely not, do what your heart desires other peoples opinions are immaterial. There is n...
(Quote) Mary-738259 said:

definitely not, do what your heart desires other peoples opinions are immaterial. There is no age limit for love. ive seen people in their 90's holding hands and looking into each others eyes.

--hide--
Thanks, Mary. hug

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Leonard-933666 said: (Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I was just recently told why are you doing th...
(Quote) Leonard-933666 said:

[quote]Nilda-834707 said:

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

I would like to know if others my age have experienced this as well.

Nilda-I am new to CM and 68 years old but have met someone who makes me feel like I am back in college again. When Cupid shoots that little arrow it doesn't matter how old you are. Keep looking and praying. It sounds like you deserve the best.


Leonard

--hide--
Thanks, Leonard and welcome to CM and the forum. theheart

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) John-917143 said: Aww thanks Nilda. I appreciate the kind words!
(Quote) John-917143 said:

Aww thanks Nilda. I appreciate the kind words!

--hide--
You're very welcome. theheart

Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-397948 said: I have thought of throwing in the towel at 53.....I knew I should have gotten married at 44
(Quote) Jim-397948 said:

I have thought of throwing in the towel at 53.....I knew I should have gotten married at 44
--hide--
Happy you didn't quit, Jim. You actually look 44 and not 53. Keep searching -- she is out there. theheart

Feb 8th 2013 new

NEVER THROW IN THE TOWEL, YOUR 60 AND FABOULOUS !!! YOU WILL FIND YOUR MAN WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT !!

Feb 8th 2013 new

Thank you, Katie. theheart

Feb 9th 2013 new
Hilda, this should inspire you. My 97 year-old mother-in-law has been widowed five times. Her last three marriages were at ages 62, 65 and 80. She has now been a widow again for seven years. She says she would still marry again, but " all the good ones are too young, too annoying, or too sick" Tee Hee. A year after my husband, her son, died, she asked me why I wasn't out after a new husband. I said it was too soon. She replied that she didn't get five husbands waiting around doing nothing. So, I've learned from her to stop waiting around and to never stop looking. Thus, I signed up for CM.
Posts 41 - 50 of 88