Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Feb 7th 2013 new
Will someone explain the process of the first affirm and second affirm decisions? Thanks.
Feb 7th 2013 new
(Quote) Laura-824866 said: WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move ...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move on to the final judgement. It is a very weird feeling (sad, exhilirating, hurt & joy), but I am ready to move forwards! Continued prayers please!

--hide--

Wonderful news Laura!!
Feb 8th 2013 new
Laura it is a very weird feeling, I was relieved that it went through, because that was very important to me but also sad because I always viewed marriage as a life long covenant between you, your spouse and God. It is a healing process, and a grace that the church gives. Just don't do what I did, I received my letter 3 mos ago and was reading it while I was driving. The officer who pulled me over was no where's near as excited about it as I was.
Feb 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Will someone explain the process of the first affirm and second affirm decisions? Thanks.
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: Will someone explain the process of the first affirm and second affirm decisions? Thanks.
--hide--

Meg wave

This is my understanding: The Court of First Instance is the local tribunal in your residing (arch)diocese. According to Church Law, all affirmative decisions must be reviewed by a Court of Second Instance. The Court of Second Instance is the tribunal in a neighboring diocese and their decision is usually reached over a shorter amount of time (3 months in my case vs 10-11 months for my first affirmative decision).

My priest told me that the Court of Second Instance almost always agrees with the Court of First Instance's decision.

Hope that helps smile

God bless,
Christina

Feb 8th 2013 new

Happy for you! I just finished answering all the questions on mine and it took over 2 months for me to do. Reliving the pain was hard but helped me through it and makes me see what I missed " the red flags". Can I ask how long did you have to wait for the answer to the decision?

Feb 8th 2013 new
The questions were definitely the hardest part, I did have to go back twice to give more testimony but from when I filed to when I received my letter it took about 9 months.
Feb 9th 2013 new

I'm very happy for you Laura. It takes tenacity to go through this process. I will pray for you, it's a heart wrenching journey.

Feb 9th 2013 new

Thank you everyone! My process has gone fairly fast...I feel extremely blessed. You are normally suppose (at least in my parish) to wait a year to even submit. I started doing the questions at the 7 month mark, sent it in & then it took some of my witnesses awhile to do their part--but 5 months after my submission I had the 1st response. Now I await the 2nd response :)

And I promise not to read it while driving, LOL...or pray I get pulled over by a Catholic cop!!

Feb 10th 2013 new

Congratulations!!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Laura-824866 said: WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it...
(Quote) Laura-824866 said:

WooHoo! Just got the letter that the first affirmative decission has been made & in 7 days it'll move on to the final judgement. It is a very weird feeling (sad, exhilirating, hurt & joy), but I am ready to move forwards! Continued prayers please!

--hide--
Please God, bless the process and make the final decision right and filled with peace

Posts 21 - 30 of 78