Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Brian, I noticed that you removed a topic in the Widows/Widowers room regarding a vote on whether to keep the room private. I also noticed that you moved a topic from that room to the Community room and then locked the topic.

My question....Why would you removed a thread that clearly had a lot of interest/posts?

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Brian, I noticed that you removed a topic in the Widows/Widowers room regarding a vote on whether...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Brian, I noticed that you removed a topic in the Widows/Widowers room regarding a vote on whether to keep the room private. I also noticed that you moved a topic from that room to the Community room and then locked the topic.

My question....Why would you removed a thread that clearly had a lot of interest/posts?

--hide--

I'm very interested in the answer to your question, Linda, especially since it had so much interest in a room that rarely gets that many posts to in one thread. I was reading the thread when it disappeared. I'll look forward to the answer to your question.

- Elizabeth.

Feb 9th 2013 new

I have a similar question. I had intended to post a reply in that thread, but have been mostly lurking during the past couple of weeks as I have had a lot going on in my outside-of-CM world.

Apparently people have been posting in an insensitive manner. I’m not sure what those insensitive posts were, but if so, that’s inappropriate, and that can be addressed without the most drastic way of closing a room. I hope the thread is reinstated, because from what I could read, there were some positive comments and suggestions there.

Why do I wish to post in a widowed room? I usually don’t. I can appreciate that loss is different when someone is widowed. In fact, I recall
only one post in my time on here where I replied to a widow’s thread (either in the widowed room or a general room), and it related to the grieving process, which I could relate to, even though I haven’t loss a spouse. My post was intended to be helpful to someone who was vulnerable because she was still in the early stages of grieving. There are times where we need to reach out to our brothers and sisters who may need to hear warning bells, or who may benefit from a conversation with someone who has a slightly different perspective on grief so that we can approach our own grief in a spiritually healthy way.

There are also times when I wish I could post in the divorced room, because a post has touched me, or I wish to offer a supportive comment. I am not allowed and I understand why – fair enough. Too many posters in the past decided wrongly that the surest way to heaven is to condemn
everyone else around them for situations about which they know nothing.

As for the situation with this removed thread, maybe a deep breath would do a world of good for everyone. Just my two cents.

Feb 9th 2013 new

I very clearly stated that I was planning to shut down that thread and provided my reasons why. I left the thread up for a full 24 hours have I posted that. Everyone had a chance to offer their input and the discussion was no longer productive.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4