Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Let me know when you've moved to Wisconsin. I'll relocate to Arizona then...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Let me know when you've moved to Wisconsin. I'll relocate to Arizona then...

--hide--
Ray Your Bad Bro laughing laughing laughing Ps Yeah i read your last post too! laughing

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that fo...
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that for the right person they would consider a long distance relationship. Then in answer to "Would you relocate?" the answer often is "I can't". Just curious, how many people actually would be willing to up-root and relocate? Just wondering.......

--hide--

I would happily relocate - especially somewhere warm!surfing

Feb 9th 2013 new

That's a happy thought, Patricia! It's especially so while we are finally experiencing cold temperatures and lots of snow here in Southwestern Ontario.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that fo...

As I peruse different profiles of gentlemen on Catholic Match, I notice that some indicate that for the right person they would consider a long distance relationship. Then in answer to "Would you relocate?" the answer often is "I can't". Just curious, how many people actually would be willing to up-root and relocate? Just wondering.......

--hide--

Mary, maybe that question should be directed at the over 65 ( retired) men, since men is who you were addressing.
Generally ,but not always, the women are the ones who care for the aged parents and need to remain for that reason.
Most people do have grandkids (women as well as men). So is it that they can't or is it just inconvient.

Feb 9th 2013 new

Good points, Barbara. Obviously I'm interested particularly in the answers the men give; but, I was also interested how the opinions differed between men and women. So far the replies are pretty positive from both groups. Also, I do know many men that help out with their older Parents. The real question is when a single person has no major responsibilities to prevent them from moving, would he or she be willing to uproot which could be quite difficult for many people.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: Ray Your Bad Bro Ps Yeah i read your last post too!
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

Ray Your Bad Bro Ps Yeah i read your last post too!

--hide--
Bad, Mike? Wow -- thanks loads. Peace, Bro..... wave laughing

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: Good points, Barbara. Obviously I'm interested particularly in the answers the men give; but, ...

Good points, Barbara. Obviously I'm interested particularly in the answers the men give; but, I was also interested how the opinions differed between men and women. So far the replies are pretty positive from both groups. Also, I do know many men that help out with their older Parents. The real question is when a single person has no major responsibilities to prevent them from moving, would he or she be willing to uproot which could be quite difficult for many people.

--hide--

Even though its a huge task to move, since I am the last one in my family left here in Okla and I live in "Tornado Alley", for the right man, I'd make the move!

Feb 9th 2013 new

Good for you Barbara for having such a positive outlook. Good Luck finding your Match, near or far!

Feb 9th 2013 new

Some people have no guts.
Some people, particularly among the Boomers, have familial responsiblities that limit their freedom to travel or move.
I would go anywhere for the right guy...even Texas rolling eyes ...but realistically speaking, it's to my financial advantage to stay where I for a few years more.

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I am looking to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine--to live in Wisconsin.
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

I am looking to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine--to live in Wisconsin.

--hide--

Why or why do you want to live in Wisconsin? Brrrrr. snowman

Posts 11 - 20 of 60