Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

"Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus" (dating myself) was a really intriguing book to me when I was in college - I really didn't understand how differently men and women interpreted reality. What's one thing you wish the opposite sex knew about you? What's one thing YOU wish you had known a bit earlier about the opposite sex?

Feb 9th 2013 new

I wish I had know (back in high school) how easy it is to build up a young man with a kind word or recognition of his character. And, I wish I had known how intimidating to boys I was back then and had been a little more patient.

Feb 9th 2013 new

Kristin: I wish I had know (back in high school) how easy it is to build up a young man with a kind word or recognition of his character. And, I wish I had known how intimidating to boys I was back then and had been a little more patient.

There she goes again. Another good thread. Actually, I think it safe to say the same thing today about my age group.

Feb 9th 2013 new

I wish I knew how much men truly value looks, and how they (tend to) think it's better to hide the truth if it'll hurt someone they care about :/

I wish men knew that it's better to not hide anything because oftentimes the act of hiding it or lying is more upsetting than whatever it was. I caught my dad telling my ex if he ever cheated on me to not tell me, just don't let it happen again. Neither understood why that upset me! If that were the case and he told me, we'd work through it- lie and I find out about it? Far FAR worse. Little things, too. Don't like my dinner? Tell me so I can make it better. Don't tell me you love it so I keep making it and eventually feel like an idiot when I find out you hate it...even if it's meant to spare feelings, being lied to and finding out about it feels cruel and heartbreaking (to me, anyhow)

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I wish I knew how much men truly value looks, and how they (tend to) think it's better to hide...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I wish I knew how much men truly value looks, and how they (tend to) think it's better to hide the truth if it'll hurt someone they care about :/

I wish men knew that it's better to not hide anything because oftentimes the act of hiding it or lying is more upsetting than whatever it was. I caught my dad telling my ex if he ever cheated on me to not tell me, just don't let it happen again. Neither understood why that upset me! If that were the case and he told me, we'd work through it- lie and I find out about it? Far FAR worse. Little things, too. Don't like my dinner? Tell me so I can make it better. Don't tell me you love it so I keep making it and eventually feel like an idiot when I find out you hate it...even if it's meant to spare feelings, being lied to and finding out about it feels cruel and heartbreaking (to me, anyhow)

--hide--

Mary, thank you for posting! I think that while men value looks (as do women) they also value qualities such as confidence, kindness, goodness and a smiling face! (at least I hope so! :) ) Don't give up! I'd also say that I don't think all men act as this man did with you. There are some great guys out there! And you will find one who truly deserves you!

Feb 9th 2013 new

That girls still want to be pursued and courted. It isn't about the money, but about the time and the attention. Fickle men drive this girl bananas!

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: "Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus" (dating myself) was a really intriguing boo...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

"Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus" (dating myself) was a really intriguing book to me when I was in college - I really didn't understand how differently men and women interpreted reality. What's one thing you wish the opposite sex knew about you? What's one thing YOU wish you had known a bit earlier about the opposite sex?

--hide--

Okay, here's another one: I wish more men knew how attractive intelligence is (at least to me)! There is NOTHING that makes me more attracted to a man than to have a discussion with him and to find myself getting flustered or fired up because he is so smart or good at debating! lovestruck! Swoon! lovestruck!

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: That girls still want to be pursued and courted. It isn't about the money, but about the time and th...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said: That girls still want to be pursued and courted. It isn't about the money, but about the time and the attention. Fickle men drive this girl bananas!
--hide--

Totally agree, Linda! smile

Feb 9th 2013 new
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Okay, here's another one: I wish more men knew how attractive intelligence is (at lea...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Okay, here's another one: I wish more men knew how attractive intelligence is (at least to me)! There is NOTHING that makes me more attracted to a man than to have a discussion with him and to find myself getting flustered or fired up because he is so smart or good at debating! Swoon!

--hide--

I am also very attracted to intelligent men. rose wave
Feb 9th 2013 new

I agree with Linda also.

Posts 1 - 10 of 103