Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 9th 2013 new

When I was 25, I had a friend who married at 70...I was so very excited for her, and admired her. It is common for people in their 70's, 80's and some even early 90's to get married. So many people seem to be living longer. Even people moving into the lodges have found each other. Our local priest wondered why marry at this age...and he soon realized...of course the companionship is wonderful at any age.

Feb 9th 2013 new

Go 97-yo mother-in-law Go. Go 72-yo Sandra Go. Go 69-yo Bob Go.

Go all the rest of CMers Go - bugle call - CCHHAARRGGEE !!!!!!

Feb 9th 2013 new

I would think that would be up to the individual. I am 43 right now and am losing interest in dating anymore. but if someone who really blew me out of the water came up I would give her a chance. maybe.

I think dating is fine---but when some are young it should lead to marriage. I think mariage is hard the older we get. I am set in so many ways i don't think a lady could get used to some of my ways and visa versa. but like i said earlier it should be up to the individual and how that person wants to spend the rest of their life.

vince.

; )

Feb 9th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about f...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

I would like to know if others my age have experienced this as well.

--hide--
I dated a woman two years younger for about six months starting about a year ago. She decided I wasn't exciting enough for her. I realized I wasn't rich enough to afford her. First serious dating for me in a decade. While I don't feel I'm too old, that was it for me.

Feb 9th 2013 new

I just turned sixty, my husband passed away two years ago and I just had my first date in thirty five years. It was wonderful. I enjoyed every moment. I never thought I would go on a date every again. Never give up.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Hello there my dear,

I am sorry that this ill meaning co-worker of yours felt the need to"rain on your parade". When I was a kid my mom used to tell me all the time, "If You can't say anything good then don't say anything at all." I try to go by that rule, unless I am making a point to someone where I have to disagree in a polite format.

Everybody no matter who they are, what age needs and deserves someone to love. I just turned 51 last year and though people don't guess me at the age I am, I feel it at times. You look great and don't let anyone rob you of the joy you deserve. You are a sweet lady. People in the helping professions give so much out, so why shouldn't you have someone to love. You ARE LOVABLE!

I am a writer, photographer here in southern CA and I created a site called "Totally Inspired Mind" that I think you would like. The tagline is called "Where Positive Minds Congregate."

Don't let negativity stop you from reaching your full potential. I just joined this site today and through some persistence found a couple men that I wouldn't mind hearing from-one in particular. I am really glad I joined and you will be when you start searching on here.

My name is Paulette and I don't know if ladies can email each other, but you have permission to if you like.

You seem like a really sweet lady. :-)

Paulette 

Feb 10th 2013 new

Vince you are so young you have a lot of living to do yet. Life is so much better when you have someone to share it with. You just have to adjust and be a little flexible.

Paulette yes females can message each other. I have made some good female from here.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Sandra-924681 said: Hilda, this should inspire you. My 97 year-old mother-in-law has been widowed five times. Her last thre...
(Quote) Sandra-924681 said: Hilda, this should inspire you. My 97 year-old mother-in-law has been widowed five times. Her last three marriages were at ages 62, 65 and 80. She has now been a widow again for seven years. She says she would still marry again, but " all the good ones are too young, too annoying, or too sick" Tee Hee. A year after my husband, her son, died, she asked me why I wasn't out after a new husband. I said it was too soon. She replied that she didn't get five husbands waiting around doing nothing. So, I've learned from her to stop waiting around and to never stop looking. Thus, I signed up for CM.
--hide--
What a blessing to have a mother-in-law with such a vivacious outlook in life. She is 100% right! Glad you came to CM. I have been with CM for under a year and can honestly say I've learned a lot from the wonderful friends I've met. Hope to one day attend an event so I can meet all these wonderful people in person. Thank you, Sandra. hug

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-848472 said: When I was 25, I had a friend who married at 70...I was so very excited for her, and admired her....
(Quote) Donna-848472 said:

When I was 25, I had a friend who married at 70...I was so very excited for her, and admired her. It is common for people in their 70's, 80's and some even early 90's to get married. So many people seem to be living longer. Even people moving into the lodges have found each other. Our local priest wondered why marry at this age...and he soon realized...of course the companionship is wonderful at any age.

--hide--
Very true, Donna. Thanks. theheart

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Vince-921160 said: I would think that would be up to the individual. I am 43 right now and am losing interest in dat...
(Quote) Vince-921160 said:

I would think that would be up to the individual. I am 43 right now and am losing interest in dating anymore. but if someone who really blew me out of the water came up I would give her a chance. maybe.

I think dating is fine---but when some are young it should lead to marriage. I think mariage is hard the older we get. I am set in so many ways i don't think a lady could get used to some of my ways and visa versa. but like i said earlier it should be up to the individual and how that person wants to spend the rest of their life.

vince.

; )

--hide--
Thanks, Vince for your sincerity. After my husband's death (7 years ago), I focused all my energy on my work and at that time I did not want to here the word "dating" mentioned. Dating is tough and I didn't have the energy or the will to start over again. Three years ago, the company I worked for relocated to another state, and I found myself with a lot of time and no one to share it with. That's when I decided to join CM. As I said in the beginning, I heard many comments from family and friends that are not pro-dating at a late age, and you're right it depends on the person and their experience. Starting this post has helped me see things in a multifaceted way by the various responses. I appreciate all the responses from the good folks here at CM. theheart

Posts 51 - 60 of 88