Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Singles discussion related to wedding planning, engagement, and married life should be posted in this room.

Saint Valentine is patron saint of love, young people, and happy marriages.
Learn More: Saint Valentine

12/30/2012 new

Ideally I'm keen on having a really small wedding. I'd rather use the money to go towards a honeymoon preferrably to Italy. Since I know I'll probably never really get the opportunity to go, that seems as good of an excuse as any...assuming the significant other agrees...

Of course, if there was only enough money for a trip or a house, I'd without hesitation choose a home...

12/30/2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-615441 said: Sounds like your friend didn't use a lot of pre-marital discernment be...
(Quote) Joanna-615441 said:

Sounds like your friend didn't use a lot of pre-marital discernment before committing. Personally, I want a credit report and full financial disclosure. Not that $$ means that much to me, but I want to know what I am getting into. Your friend aparently didn't and that must have been very distressing when she found out.

--hide--
You're right Joanna- all the cards should be on the table for both. No secrets.

My honeymoon included whitewater rafting on the Youghiogheny River in Pennsylvania. I fell overboard! We stayed at the Pittsburgh Mariott along with the Oakland Raiders in town to play the Steelers!

02/10/2013 new

I don't think I'd do the cruise, I pick up Noro too easily. Heheh.

In the world of hypotheticals, I'd like a simple honeymoon, camping sounds neat, but NZL is full of remote little beaches and quaint baches.

Honestly, I always find it strange people want to turn the HM into a holiday... I mean, you've lived a chaste life, been "good" through dating and engagement and now finally you have the moral go-ahead for the "procreative and unititve" aspect of the human condition. Why drop 15K for some jaunt somewhere exotic?

I'd rather have the house.

As for weddings, I'm just too much of a cheap bugger to envison anything beyond 5K.

02/10/2013 new

(Quote) Angie-70288 said: Ideally I'm keen on having a really small wedding. I'd rather use the money to go towards ...
(Quote) Angie-70288 said:

Ideally I'm keen on having a really small wedding. I'd rather use the money to go towards a honeymoon preferrably to Italy. Since I know I'll probably never really get the opportunity to go, that seems as good of an excuse as any...assuming the significant other agrees...

Of course, if there was only enough money for a trip or a house, I'd without hesitation choose a home...

--hide--

Yes, small is the way to go as well. I already have a house and am established in it, but I'd rather put more money towards my mortgage than a one day event. But a photographer and honeymoon would be where the money would go. :)

Posts 21 - 24 of 24