Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Runners? Marathoners?

Feb 10th 2013 new

Okay, I run a lot. Some where along the way my parents must have failed me because I snow shoed through the blizzard and I ran today even though the roads were pretty bad. I run a lot of marathons and I am wondering if any of you do. I run all over the US and it would be fun to run with a CMer and to commisserate. So? Where are you?

Feb 10th 2013 new
I trained for my first marathon 26 years ago then found out the Tuesday before the Saturday race that I was pregnant with my first child -- and fear that overheating would harm or kill my developing baby caused me to only run about 8 miles with my then-husband to encourage him along -- since then, with 6 babies spread out over 17 years, I never found the time to train again for a whole marathon, so I stick with shorter races and triathlons, which for me are so much easier to be in shape for! Maybe some day I'll finally run a marathon -- I'd love to even cheer you on at one! I hope you find lots of runners on here to race with!
Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: Okay, I run a lot. Some where along the way my parents must have failed me because I snow shoed t...
(Quote) Linda-756196 said:

Okay, I run a lot. Some where along the way my parents must have failed me because I snow shoed through the blizzard and I ran today even though the roads were pretty bad. I run a lot of marathons and I am wondering if any of you do. I run all over the US and it would be fun to run with a CMer and to commisserate. So? Where are you?

--hide--

wave

Hi Linda I signed up for my first half marathon I also did my first triathlon in 2011. Here is the link for the one in New Jersey. It is not a full marathon but if you are interested I am signed up. I can use some tips on running. I find that running on the pavement is hard on my joints. And yesterday opted to go swimming. It is less impact on the joints. Any suggestions on lessening the impact to the joints while running?

Have you ever done the Boston Marathon ? Happy Running !!! Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do if we put some effort to training. Prayers for continued health of our bodies. And praise God for the ability of walking, running, bicycling, swimming.. Praying Kathleen

unite.cgiracing.com

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Hi Linda I signed up for my first half marathon I also did my first triathl...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Hi Linda I signed up for my first half marathon I also did my first triathlon in 2011. Here is the link for the one in New Jersey. It is not a full marathon but if you are interested I am signed up. I can use some tips on running. I find that running on the pavement is hard on my joints. And yesterday opted to go swimming. It is less impact on the joints. Any suggestions on lessening the impact to the joints while running?

Have you ever done the Boston Marathon ? Happy Running !!! Isn't it amazing what our bodies can do if we put some effort to training. Prayers for continued health of our bodies. And praise God for the ability of walking, running, bicycling, swimming.. Kathleen

unite.cgiracing.com

--hide--

I do tris and I have done the Boston Marathon. I am doing it in April. :) I am doing a marathon in all fifty states and ending with Dover, DE on 19 October of this year. I have a huge challenge and a ton of media is coming with this one --if you are interested in doing another half. If so, message me. I have not done my marathon in NJ--not that many of them. Laugh. I am scheduling it now. I have the Greenbelt Marathon next weekend.

Okay, cross training is really important if you are hurting. Consider having your running evaluated at a running store to make sure you have the right shoes and that your shoes are in the right shape. Start taking glucosimine and vitamin D. Consider orthodics. If it is really bothering you, then run three days a week and cross train the other two. Be careful because you don't want to not be able to exercise. :)

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: I do tris and I have done the Boston Marathon. I am doing it in April. :) I...

I do tris and I have done the Boston Marathon. I am doing it in April. :) I am doing a marathon in all fifty states and ending with Dover, DE on 19 October of this year. I have a huge challenge and a ton of media is coming with this one --if you are interested in doing another half. If so, message me. I have not done my marathon in NJ--not that many of them. Laugh. I am scheduling it now. I have the Greenbelt Marathon next weekend.

Okay, cross training is really important if you are hurting. Consider having your running evaluated at a running store to make sure you have the right shoes and that your shoes are in the right shape. Start taking glucosimine and vitamin D. Consider orthodics. If it is really bothering you, then run three days a week and cross train the other two. Be careful because you don't want to not be able to exercise. :)

--hide--

Thank you Linda for your advice. You are an amazing lady ! I wish you all the best in your running ! Wow all 50 states and doing full marathons. You Go Linda !! Let me know the one you are doing in NJ or PA? I may be able to do the half but not ready for a full marathon.

God Bless you in your running. Kathleen Praying angel

I hear you have to qualify for Boston ( under 3 hours?), so I congratulate you on that clap clap clap

Feb 10th 2013 new

Kathleen, as if. I am old so my qualifying time is slow--4:00. I ran 18 marathons last year. They asked me to run this year in exchange for a Runner's World interview about the military connections and loss. I did interview. I run on the whispered prayers of my feet. God is good.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: Kathleen, as if. I am old so my qualifying time is slow--4:00. I ran 18 marathons last year. They...

Kathleen, as if. I am old so my qualifying time is slow--4:00. I ran 18 marathons last year. They asked me to run this year in exchange for a Runner's World interview about the military connections and loss. I did interview. I run on the whispered prayers of my feet. God is good.

--hide--

4 Hours is still a great time !!! I am hoping to get 2 hrs in my first half.. That's neat how you are being interviewed.. We Will have to look for your story in Runner's World magazine then ? Keep us posted ... God is certainly good to allow us to have so many abilities. Keep those feet whispering prayers ... wink Kathleen

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: 4 Hours is still a great time !!! I am hoping to get 2 hrs in my first half.. That&#...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

4 Hours is still a great time !!! I am hoping to get 2 hrs in my first half.. That's neat how you are being interviewed.. We Will have to look for your story in Runner's World magazine then ? Keep us posted ... God is certainly good to allow us to have so many abilities. Keep those feet whispering prayers ... Kathleen

--hide--

I am not sure when it is being run, but they have called three times to get more details. :)

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Linda-756196 said: Okay, I run a lot. Some where along the way my parents must have failed me because I snow shoed t...

--hide--

Hi Linda! I always say I am only a runner in my mind; I find it soooooo boring, and I haven't done it in years. I can walk for hours, though! Unfortunately, walking just isn't doing it for me anymore. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the switch. I have a good back and knees, and I would like to keep it that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, let me know, if you find yourself in southern California. I'll cheer you on, if I'm able! Chelle

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Linda! I always say I am only a runner in my mind; I find it soooooo bor...
(Quote) Chelle-924354 said:

Hi Linda! I always say I am only a runner in my mind; I find it soooooo boring, and I haven't done it in years. I can walk for hours, though! Unfortunately, walking just isn't doing it for me anymore. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the switch. I have a good back and knees, and I would like to keep it that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also, let me know, if you find yourself in southern California. I'll cheer you on, if I'm able! Chelle

--hide--

Running is not for everyone. I always say to find what you love and do it!. Walk with light hand weights or try to mix in a little light jogging to pick up some intensity. Hills are another good way to pick up the intensity. You got this!

Posts 1 - 10 of 22