Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

I happened to go to the 7AM Mass today, because one of thepriests who I really trust for conservative spiritual advice and guidance was saying it.

He suggested that the absolutely best thing we could do during Lent is to attend daily Mass starting Ash Wednesday and going through Easter. (He did say if you just could not do that, to at least try to go to Mass a couple times a week, and if you couldn't do that, to read the daily Mass readings which are available in booklets or in many sites on the internet - try your archdiocesan website.)

Anyhow, I thought about it, and although it might cause me some inconvenience and there may be days that I just don't want to walk there (it's a 20 minute - 1 mile walk for me each way unless I get on a bus which shortens it by 5 blocks) if the weather is frigid, sleeting, snowing,high winds, etc. along the Chicago lakefront, I do believe that this is something I can do and something that I want to do.

So, I guess I'm looking for some support - in the form of any CM members who would want to make that same committment to go to daily Mass for the 40 days of Lent (although technically it would be 39 I think because there is no Mass on Holy Saturday until the evening Easter Mass which one could go to or instead go to the Easter Mass on Easter day). It is easier I think to do something when there are other people also doing it - a shared sense of spiritual community and support.

So, I'm hoping there will be lots of takers, but I'd be overjoyed if even one other person on CM would also want to do this for Christ!

Feb 10th 2013 new
Definitely
Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Edel-677791 said: Definitely
(Quote) Edel-677791 said: Definitely
--hide--

Thank you Edel for joining me in this. I am now officially overjoyed that one other CM member will be going to daily Mass during Lent.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

Feb 10th 2013 new

What a great idea and Patricia, I will join you. However, I work 12 hr shifts so going to Daily Mass would be almost impossible on the days I am working. I could, however, record the daily mass from my local Catholic TV channel and attend on my days off.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Leslie-936267 said: What a great idea and Patricia, I will join you. However, I work 12 hr shifts so going to Daily ...
(Quote) Leslie-936267 said:

What a great idea and Patricia, I will join you. However, I work 12 hr shifts so going to Daily Mass would be almost impossible on the days I am working. I could, however, record the daily mass from my local Catholic TV channel and attend on my days off.

--hide--

Thanks for joining, Leslie. And, your idea of recording Mass and going on your days off sounds like an excellent idea. It would certainly be almost impossible trying to get to Mass when you're putting in a 12-hour shift.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Leslie-936267 said: What a great idea and Patricia, I will join you. However, I work 12 hr shifts so going to Daily ...
(Quote) Leslie-936267 said:

--hide--

And, I forgot to say, welcome to the forums, Leslie!

Feb 10th 2013 new

That would be tough in as far as schedule is concern but I firmly believe that if you offer it to the Lord, no schedule or any other worldly hindrance could stop anyone especially me to do it. Hope and pray to sustain it until Easter Sunday. Thank you for the encouragement Patricia.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Vivian-213866 said: That would be tough in as far as schedule is concern but I firmly believe that if you offer it t...
(Quote) Vivian-213866 said:

That would be tough in as far as schedule is concern but I firmly believe that if you offer it to the Lord, no schedule or any other worldly hindrance could stop anyone especially me to do it. Hope and pray to sustain it until Easter Sunday. Thank you for the encouragement Patricia.

--hide--

Thank you so much Vivian for joining us from another part of the world! Jesus knows when we do our best. And, you are an encouragement to all of us since you will be trying to do it even with a difficult schedule!

Feb 10th 2013 new

HI Patricia, sooo miss the daily mass as back home there is always a mass as early as 5:30am and as late as 7:00pm but here at WV ..... with the exception of Lent our parish priest offers Tiger Mass - monday to friday 7:00am aside from daily 8:30am mass. The Tiger Mass works with my work schedule. I am one with you girl!!!! A meaningful Lenten season to grow deeper in Love with Jesus.... as a Woman's heart should be so hidden in CHRIST that a man should have to seek HIM first to find her.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Thanks Pat for this suggestion! I try to do this as well. Although with my work schedule I cannot always go daily, so I watch on EWTN, they replay the 7AM mass throughout the day several times. Also you can record it. Isn't our faith wonderful! How blessed we are that we were given the gift of Faith and the Eucharist! Jane flower Praying hug You get a Gold Star!

Posts 1 - 10 of 150