Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thank you so much Vivian for joining us from another part of the world! Jesus knows whe...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thank you so much Vivian for joining us from another part of the world! Jesus knows when we do our best. And, you are an encouragement to all of us since you will be trying to do it even with a difficult schedule!

--hide--

You are welcome and that was so nice of you.... God Bless Us in this journey

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-929822 said: HI Patricia, sooo miss the daily mass as back home there is always a mass as early as 5:30am ...
(Quote) Josephine-929822 said:

HI Patricia, sooo miss the daily mass as back home there is always a mass as early as 5:30am and as late as 7:00pm but here at WV ..... with the exception of Lent our parish priest offers Tiger Mass - monday to friday 7:00am aside from daily 8:30am mass. The Tiger Mass works with my work schedule. I am one with you girl!!!! A meaningful Lenten season to grow deeper in Love with Jesus.... as a Woman's heart should be so hidden in CHRIST that a man should have to seek HIM first to find her.

--hide--

Thank you for joining us, Josephine. And, wonderful that you are doing this even with such a limited Mass schedule!

Feb 10th 2013 new
I was thinking about doing this myself. there is a 5:15 p.m. mass that I should be able to attend (I leave for work at 6a.m.) Days when I get off work on time, and it is not sleeting snowing, etc, I thought of walking too. So, thanks for mentioning this. Our parish bulletin had the disciplines of true fasting on the cover this weekend. Good thing to re-read every day.
Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-933948 said: Thanks Pat for this suggestion! I try to do this as well. Although with my work schedule I cannot ...
(Quote) Jane-933948 said:

Thanks Pat for this suggestion! I try to do this as well. Although with my work schedule I cannot always go daily, so I watch on EWTN, they replay the 7AM mass throughout the day several times. Also you can record it. Isn't our faith wonderful! How blessed we are that we were given the gift of Faith and the Eucharist! Jane

--hide--

Thank you so much for joining us, Jane! It is so inspiring to see people go to daily Mass as much as they can due to work schedule, but then even watch the Mass on EWTN for the days that they cannot make it to Church because of their job. This leaves me no excuse to not make it to Mass at Church every single day (since I am retired).

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I was thinking about doing this myself. there is a 5:15 p.m. mass that I should be able to attend (I...
(Quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I was thinking about doing this myself. there is a 5:15 p.m. mass that I should be able to attend (I leave for work at 6a.m.) Days when I get off work on time, and it is not sleeting snowing, etc, I thought of walking too. So, thanks for mentioning this. Our parish bulletin had the disciplines of true fasting on the cover this weekend. Good thing to re-read every day.
--hide--

Thanks, Elizabeth, for joining us for daily Mass during Lent as much as you can (barring winter blizzards and late work days).

Feb 10th 2013 new

I have been doing this for the last 15 years and plan on doing it this year too -- thank you for the fellowship and encouragement -- please count me in!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I have been doing this for the last 15 years and plan on doing it this year too -- thank you for...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I have been doing this for the last 15 years and plan on doing it this year too -- thank you for the fellowship and encouragement -- please count me in!

--hide--

Wow, a big thank you, Rachel, for going to daily Mass during Lent for so many years! And, it is wonderful that now we can do this as a virtual community and encourage each other!

Feb 10th 2013 new

It is sad that I won't be able to attend Mass every day. But, I will commit to reading all of the daily Mass Readings.

Thanks for the great idea and God Bless,

Will

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Will-706257 said: It is sad that I won't be able to attend Mass every day. But, I will commit to reading all of ...
(Quote) Will-706257 said:

It is sad that I won't be able to attend Mass every day. But, I will commit to reading all of the daily Mass Readings.

Thanks for the great idea and God Bless,

Will

--hide--

Will, thanks for joining us at least in reading all of the daily Mass Readings. And, thanks for being the first CM man to join us!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Will, thanks for joining us at least in reading all of the daily Mass Readings. And, th...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Will, thanks for joining us at least in reading all of the daily Mass Readings. And, thanks for being the first CM man to join us!

--hide--

We men sometimes have trouble fulfilling our responsibilities as the "Spiritual Heads of the Households". Which is why you had to start this thread. LOL,

Though, I think David starts the 54 day Novenas.

But I appreciate that you did.

God Bless,

Will

Posts 11 - 20 of 150