Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Please sign this petition

Jan 28th 2013 new

Please sign the petition to help free this American pastor who was visiting his family in Iran and was arrested for just being Christian. After a sham trial they have imprisoned him.

aclj.org

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Please sign the petition to help free this American pastor who was visiting his family in Ir...
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Please sign the petition to help free this American pastor who was visiting his family in Iran and was arrested for just being Christian. After a sham trial they have imprisoned him.

aclj.org

--hide--
I signed the petition, but does anyone know whether in fact he was evangelizing over there? I feel bad for Pastor Abedini and his family, but I have little sympathy for him if that is the case. Even the Holy Father stopped missionaries from evangelizing in Muslim countries because of the obvious dangers to Priests post 911. I'm sure the State Department has warnings about doing just that as well. Also, signing a petition on a pro Israeli website won't exactly help the good Pastor with Iranian officials. Bottom line: If he deliberately put himself in harm's way, he's on his own. I hope I'm wrong.

Jan 28th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Please sign the petition to help free this American pastor who was visiting his family in Ir...

aclj.org

--hide--

I just signed the petition, Cheryl. Hope these signatures help.

Jan 28th 2013 new

aclj.org

--hide--

Certainly. May mercy be granted to this man.

Feb 10th 2013 new

He was there visiting family. It is my understanding that he is being tortured and is losing faith.

Feb 10th 2013 new

okay. I signed the petition.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: He was there visiting family. It is my understanding that he is being tortured and is losing fai...

He was there visiting family. It is my understanding that he is being tortured and is losing faith.

--hide--
Cheryl, Pastor Abedini was indeed evangelizing in Iran and not just visiting his family:

aclj.org

For whatever reason he deliberately put himself in harm's way. As far as I can determine, the Catholic Church has wisely avoided evangelizing in predominantly Muslim countries. I know he's not Catholic, but he had to know the risks.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Cheryl, Pastor Abedini was indeed evangelizing in Iran and not just visiting his family: h...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Cheryl, Pastor Abedini was indeed evangelizing in Iran and not just visiting his family:

aclj.org

For whatever reason he deliberately put himself in harm's way. As far as I can determine, the Catholic Church has wisely avoided evangelizing in predominantly Muslim countries. I know he's not Catholic, but he had to know the risks.

--hide--
Peter that is what he is being charged with...sharing his Christian faith... since they don't have freedom of religion there....but every thing I've read or heard said he was visiting family. Either way, he needs to be freed and we need to do everything we can for him including prayer and petitions.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Debbie-168656 said: okay. I signed the petition.
(Quote) Debbie-168656 said:

okay. I signed the petition.

--hide--
thanks

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: Certainly. May mercy be granted to this man.
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Certainly. May mercy be granted to this man.

--hide--
thanks

Posts 1 - 10 of 29