Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I dated a woman two years younger for about six months starting about a year ago. She decided I w...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I dated a woman two years younger for about six months starting about a year ago. She decided I wasn't exciting enough for her. I realized I wasn't rich enough to afford her. First serious dating for me in a decade. While I don't feel I'm too old, that was it for me.

--hide--
How unfortunate for that lady, and it's her loss. Not all women are like that. There are nice women who want the company of a kind, good hearted man, I don't think you should give up. When starting the dating scene you put yourself at risk for all types out there. It's a risk we all have to take, but you just dust yourself off and keep on looking. You are now the wiser about her personality type. We never stop learning... theheart

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Fannie-936458 said: I just turned sixty, my husband passed away two years ago and I just had my first date in thirty...
(Quote) Fannie-936458 said:

I just turned sixty, my husband passed away two years ago and I just had my first date in thirty five years. It was wonderful. I enjoyed every moment. I never thought I would go on a date every again. Never give up.

--hide--
That's the spirit, Fannie.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Paulette-943415 said: Hello there my dear, I am sorry that this ill meaning co-worker of yours felt the nee...
(Quote) Paulette-943415 said:

Hello there my dear,

I am sorry that this ill meaning co-worker of yours felt the need to"rain on your parade". When I was a kid my mom used to tell me all the time, "If You can't say anything good then don't say anything at all." I try to go by that rule, unless I am making a point to someone where I have to disagree in a polite format.

Everybody no matter who they are, what age needs and deserves someone to love. I just turned 51 last year and though people don't guess me at the age I am, I feel it at times. You look great and don't let anyone rob you of the joy you deserve. You are a sweet lady. People in the helping professions give so much out, so why shouldn't you have someone to love. You ARE LOVABLE!

I am a writer, photographer here in southern CA and I created a site called "Totally Inspired Mind" that I think you would like. The tagline is called "Where Positive Minds Congregate."

Don't let negativity stop you from reaching your full potential. I just joined this site today and through some persistence found a couple men that I wouldn't mind hearing from-one in particular. I am really glad I joined and you will be when you start searching on here.

My name is Paulette and I don't know if ladies can email each other, but you have permission to if you like.

You seem like a really sweet lady. :-)

Paulette 

--hide--
Welcome to CM and the forum, Paulette. My new CM friend -- God bless you for all your kind and caring words. I will check out your website. Yes, we can chat via CM email. Despite the naysayers, I am thinking differently now after my CM friends responses to this post. I joined CM reluctantly afraid of the unknown. Internet dating can be a bit challenging. Regardless, I am here now and communicating freely with people from all over the planet. Love it! theheart hug

Feb 16th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about f...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

I would like to know if others my age have experienced this as well.

--hide--

Thanks for this thread Nilda....

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not throwing any towels anywhere...!!! As other's have said... the dream never dies... *smile* rose

Feb 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man?...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

I was just recently told why are you doing this? Meaning -- why do you bother at your age about finding a man? It's as though reaching the age of 60 is the legal age limit, and STOP participating in the game we call life. Also, I was recently reminded by a PA at a local clinic of having at least two more decades of life. Up until that point in time, I had never given it a second thought. Well, I left feeling worse than I did coming in.

I would like to know if others my age have experienced this as well.

--hide--
Don't give up. My dad was a widower at 62 and remarried a year later. Hey, when a guy was married to a good woman to begin with they can't help but hope to find such a blessing again. God bless you in your search!
Feb 20th 2013 new

I will be 70 years this summer. I don't know what 70 is supposed to feel like but I certainly do want to find a soul mate/companion at this time of my life. I recently met a very nice man with whom I shared a lot in common. It's a good feeling to find a friend of the opposite sex with whom you can feel comfortable. Whether it's just friendship or headed toward marriage, there's nothing wrong with seeing what God may have in store for you in your more mature years. There is hope in knowing that people my age and older are getting married & that there is happiness in companionship. Many people are very opinionated and will "should" on you in regard to any topic. I just turn a deaf ear & go on doing what I believe is right for me. Unless it is an outright sin, don't put too much stock into what another person says is wrong.

Feb 20th 2013 new

My Mom just told me a story about a couple in her dance club. Her 90 year old friend spent the entire evening bubbling & fgiggling over the engagement ring her 96 year old fiance had just given her. Mom said she acted like a 17 year old in her excitement! We all long to be loved and love is worth fighting for... rose rose rose

Feb 20th 2013 new
I totally wonder about throwing in the towell at 49. I have had lovely gentlemen reach out to me, but in 60's or above. With so many lovely ladies in there 60s here, I wish they would take advantage of these amazing women who are more age and life experience appropriate. My own father passed at 63, and while age is not an issue to some, I am more comfortable with men closer to myself in age unfortunately, the 47 to 53 crowd is hitting on the 30 year olds! Ah well.....my reason for throwing in the towell!
Feb 20th 2013 new
I totally wonder about throwing in the towell at 49. I have had lovely gentlemen reach out to me, but in 60's or above. With so many lovely ladies in there 60s here, I wish they would take advantage of these amazing women who are more age and life experience appropriate. My own father passed at 63, and while age is not an issue to some, I am more comfortable with men closer to myself in age unfortunately, the 47 to 53 crowd is hitting on the 30 year olds! Ah well.....my reason for throwing in the towell!
Feb 20th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: There's an age when we're supposed to throw in the towel? Who knew?<...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

There's an age when we're supposed to throw in the towel? Who knew?

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Posts 61 - 70 of 88