Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Mine was that I thought that God was the one ringing the bell during concecration. angel laughing It was not until one day when I was about 6 or 7 ( yep I know that is late but at least I did not still believe in Santa Claus rolling eyes ) and one of the acolytes fell over during concecration and I saw the bell in his hand that I was dispelled of this thought. The loss of my innocence. sad I had always been amazed by that small feat and it was one of the ways that I knew that God was real because afterall he had to be real if he had angels ringing bells in mass. What is a silly thing that you believed about God when you were small. Like my 8 year old daughter always says, "God can do anything Mummy".

Feb 10th 2013 new

That the thunder was God bowling with the angels. laughing lil mikie

Feb 10th 2013 new

When I was very young I would lie in the grass looking at clouds and picture Jesus and the Apostles walking around on them and He was still telling them parables.

Feb 11th 2013 new

First Communion. The host stuck to the roof of my mouth. I attended a parochial school and we had been instructed in religion class NEVER to touch the host with our tongues. But the host remained stuck to the roof of my mouth for a couple of minutes and I couldn't swallow, so I finally flicked the host with the tip of my tongue. I was mortified and thought for sure I was going to hell. I went to confession a few days later and confessed my sin to the priest. There was a small moment of silence, and the priest (who to this day I swear I remember chuckling briefly) asked me who told me this was a sin? I told him it was the nun who taught our religious instruction. I was given absolution and went on my way.

Two days later, one of our parish priests made an unannounced visit to our class and asked Sister if he could speak with the class. Father then set us straight about what constitutes a mortal sin and made an emphasis to say that touching the host with our tongue to dislodge it from the roof of our mouths was an example of a NON mortal sin. laughing

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) John-146319 said: First Communion. The host stuck to the roof of my mouth. I attended a parochial school and we had ...
(Quote) John-146319 said:

First Communion. The host stuck to the roof of my mouth. I attended a parochial school and we had been instructed in religion class NEVER to touch the host with our tongues. But the host remained stuck to the roof of my mouth for a couple of minutes and I couldn't swallow, so I finally flicked the host with the tip of my tongue. I was mortified and thought for sure I was going to hell. I went to confession a few days later and confessed my sin to the priest. There was a small moment of silence, and the priest (who to this day I swear I remember chuckling briefly) asked me who told me this was a sin? I told him it was the nun who taught our religious instruction. I was given absolution and went on my way.

Two days later, one of our parish priests made an unannounced visit to our class and asked Sister if he could speak with the class. Father then set us straight about what constitutes a mortal sin and made an emphasis to say that touching the host with our tongue to dislodge it from the roof of our mouths was an example of a NON mortal sin.

--hide--

AHHHHH!!!!! Catholic school days and the nuns. I remember these well. The sad thing is that many of the kids today will never experience that.

Feb 13th 2013 new

that touching the host with our tongue to dislodge it from the roof of our mouths was an example of a NON mortal sin.

AHHHH Love it!

Feb 13th 2013 new

My little brother thought there was a button on the bottom of the chalice that he pushed to make the bells ring.

My favorite story is about my daughter. She was about 3, and my sister and she were playing I Spy in the church while I was finishing up with my choir. Little Gracie said, "I spy God's pants."

Aunt Mary says, "God's pants? Do you mean that statue?"

Long story short, she was looking at the Tabernacle curtains, and, knowing God was behind there, she figured those two strips of fabric were His pants!

She's 16 now, and I'm still telling that one....

Feb 13th 2013 new

Not me, but my dad.

When he was little, his mother was explaining about Jesus being present in the Tabernacle. Dad asked, "How does He fit in there?"

His know-it-all sister replied, "Don't be silly, he sits down."

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: Not me, but my dad.When he was little, his mother was explaining about Jesus being presen...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

Not me, but my dad.

When he was little, his mother was explaining about Jesus being present in the Tabernacle. Dad asked, "How does He fit in there?"

His know-it-all sister replied, "Don't be silly, he sits down."

--hide--

That is too funny. I bet she said it with authority too. laughing laughing

Feb 13th 2013 new

Everytime it rained I thought God and the Angels in heaven were having arguments cupid! I had vivid imaginations when I was a young child eyebrow!

Posts 1 - 10 of 20