Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

02/10/2013 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: What a great idea Patricia ... I will either read the readings and watch on EWTN ..Here ...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

What a great idea Patricia ... I will either read the readings and watch on EWTN ..

Here is the website for their readings and replay of the mass. God has blessed us with wonderful resources.

May we all have a blessed Lent ! I can't believe Ash Wednesday is this week. I know many that give up the computer for Lent, but I will be using it for EWTN ..

Check here. www.ewtn.com

God Bless

--hide--

Hi Kathleen, thanks for joining us for Lent in daily Mass and/or Readings. And, thanks for providing the link for those who aren't aware of this!

02/10/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-24315 said: I would really try if we had daily mass, we only have mass twice a week. I will try and do the read...
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

I would really try if we had daily mass, we only have mass twice a week. I will try and do the readings or watch it on ewtn.

--hide--

Hi Dave. I didn't realize there are places that don't have daily Mass. So, those of us who have access to it should truly be greatful. Anyhow, thanks for joining us in going to Mass when you can and doing the readings with us for Lent!

02/11/2013 new
Your initiative has touched me so that I must simply say thank you and have a blessed Lenten season! Very inspiring indeed!
02/11/2013 new
Hi Patricia, I'm so happy that you brought this topic up of daily Mass during Lent....as a child, our Irish pastor offered evening daily Mass so that all of the working people could attend....we did that every Lent for years as my mother was a single working mom and couldn't make it to morning Mass. I LOVED this beautiful tradition and now, as an adult, realize how rare it is that evening weekday Masses are offered....we were extremely blessed!! I will attend as well this year, but modified as we don't have evening Mass except on Wednesday. I will be attending the Stations of the Cross devotion on Friday evenings and making a Holy Hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament on Thursdays after work. I wanted to mention these other Lenten devotions to give people ideas that might not be able to attend Mass 7 days a week. Thanks Patricia and God bless you!
02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Joe-922877 said: Your initiative has touched me so that I must simply say thank you and have a blessed Lenten season! Very ...
(Quote) Joe-922877 said: Your initiative has touched me so that I must simply say thank you and have a blessed Lenten season! Very inspiring indeed!
--hide--

Thank you, Joe, for those kind words. And, if you the Spirit moves you to join us in extra Masses or Daily Readings, we certainly welcome you.

And, welcome to the forums!wave

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Patricia, I'm so happy that you brought this topic up of daily Mass during Lent....as a child, our...
(Quote) Erin-419365 said: Hi Patricia, I'm so happy that you brought this topic up of daily Mass during Lent....as a child, our Irish pastor offered evening daily Mass so that all of the working people could attend....we did that every Lent for years as my mother was a single working mom and couldn't make it to morning Mass. I LOVED this beautiful tradition and now, as an adult, realize how rare it is that evening weekday Masses are offered....we were extremely blessed!! I will attend as well this year, but modified as we don't have evening Mass except on Wednesday. I will be attending the Stations of the Cross devotion on Friday evenings and making a Holy Hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament on Thursdays after work. I wanted to mention these other Lenten devotions to give people ideas that might not be able to attend Mass 7 days a week. Thanks Patricia and God bless you!
--hide--

Thanks, Erin, for joining us in extra Masses and your own suggestion of Holy Hour in front of theBlessed Sacrament and Stations of the Cross. All of these are wonderful ideas for Lent!

02/11/2013 new

As we start our daily Masses and Mass readings on Ash Wednesday, let us keep in our intentions Pope Benedict XVI and his health, and that the Holy Spirit will guide the Papal Conclave (which will take place during Lent), and for courage and wisdom for the new Pope (whomever that will be)!Praying rose theheart

02/11/2013 new

I would love to but I will have to see how it will work out with my new job. I am hoping that I will be able to attend daily mass. Praying crossfingers

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Jessica-897416 said: I would love to but I will have to see how it will work out with my new job. I am hoping that I...
(Quote) Jessica-897416 said:

I would love to but I will have to see how it will work out with my new job. I am hoping that I will be able to attend daily mass.

--hide--

Thank you, Jessica, for wanting to join us in daily Mass during Lent. We will hope and pray that works out with you with your new job. If not, remember you can always just do the daily readings!

02/12/2013 new

It would be wonderful if anyone else would want to join us in going to daily Mass during Lent or at least doing the Readings starting on Ash Wednesday!

Posts 31 - 40 of 150