Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Is your "But" in the way?

Feb 11th 2013 new

Dear CM-

I just looked at my account and saw that its due to expire. Since I won't likely renew (at least for a while), please allow me a few parting words.

I have met some really great people on CM. Yes, they do exist! In person, we met through the CM trips - Ireland and Chicago. I now call them friends and I am so blessed to be able to do so. I have also gotten to know some terriffic people through the forums. You all are pretty incredible and have so much to offer.

I've been contacted by male members who weren't afraid to say "Hi" which I appreciate. Differences, distance, etc kept that from going any further and that's ok. Its always nice to be viewed and contacted. No commitment, no proposals. Just a kind greeting.

What I struggled with were the messages I received from members who always had a "but" = "You're nice but you're too short." "You seem great but you have too many type-os." "I'd like to get to know you but you live too far away". You get the picture.

I'd like to encourage everyone to look at this in your own activity and ask yourself, "Is my "but" in the way?" If so, then ask "why?". Just because one person extends an emote to another doesn't mean there is an obligation. Its simply an acknowledgment and, in some ways, an affirmation - "I see you. You may not be my type and thats ok. Hello, anyway!"

I believe God uses encounters to serve His purpose. It doesn't have to be for marriage or a commitment. It could be a means to bring a member out of their shell. Maybe someone is having a bad day and needs a small something to make him/her smile. It could be used to renew one's hope in spite of the brokenness that surrounds us. We never really know what God intends and ours isn't to question, simply to act.

May God bless us all.

Peace~

Susie

Feb 11th 2013 new

Well said - best wishes to you and God bless!

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: Well said - best wishes to you and God bless!
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

Well said - best wishes to you and God bless!

--hide--

Agreed! Best of luck to you Susie! Chelle

Feb 11th 2013 new

Bow clap Bow clap

You can't leave! You "get it"!

Feb 11th 2013 new

I am in the same position--leaving soon, but very blessed to have met great friends here...

and I just want to say thank you!! This post was wonderful and exactly what so many people need to hear. I wish we could make this a blog post, or the opening screen...anything so more people understand that it's not just about matching potential spouses, but about a support community of people who more or less "match" who we are at the core.

God may not call all of us to marriage. I know that may sound like blasphemy on a "dating" site, but it is true. I may never be given that vocation, and I accept that. Yet for some reasons unknown to us, He has led each and every one of us here.

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Heidi-570402 said: I am in the same position--leaving soon, but very blessed to have met great friends here... <...
(Quote) Heidi-570402 said:

I am in the same position--leaving soon, but very blessed to have met great friends here...

and I just want to say thank you!! This post was wonderful and exactly what so many people need to hear. I wish we could make this a blog post, or the opening screen...anything so more people understand that it's not just about matching potential spouses, but about a support community of people who more or less "match" who we are at the core.

God may not call all of us to marriage. I know that may sound like blasphemy on a "dating" site, but it is true. I may never be given that vocation, and I accept that. Yet for some reasons unknown to us, He has led each and every one of us here.

--hide--
You reap what you sow. There are different facets of CM -- enough to give most people choices in how they want to approach meeting people and getting acquainted with them. Some enjoy chat; some are able to attend CM events or less official CM gatherings.

But the main source of support has been through the forums. There are so many "rooms" and subjects within them. There you will find friendship, support, advice, hear the voice of experience in specific situations, faith knowledge and explanations, and much more.

You are correct, Heidi, that not everyone will be called to the marital state. No blasphemy -- just truth, and that can apply to any of us. Fortunately, a lot of people have found their mates; more will do so in the future. CM is like a tool box -- we need to use the tools in the box for best results. In the dating world, CM is a tool -- one means of potentially finding that special person.

There is little doubt there is a great deal of support on CM, and, besides the dating aspects, it's one of the most valuable features on this site.

Blessings to all of you...

Feb 11th 2013 new

Thanks for the great post Susie. All the best to you in your journey and God Bless!

Feb 11th 2013 new
Susie, you have a nice profile and great pictures.

I wish you all the best. God bless you.
Feb 11th 2013 new

Susie,

You have put words to the music here so well.

We will miss you.

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Susie-550311 said: Dear CM- I just looked at my account and saw that its due to expire. Since I won't lik...
(Quote) Susie-550311 said:

Dear CM-

I just looked at my account and saw that its due to expire. Since I won't likely renew (at least for a while), please allow me a few parting words.

I have met some really great people on CM. Yes, they do exist! In person, we met through the CM trips - Ireland and Chicago. I now call them friends and I am so blessed to be able to do so. I have also gotten to know some terriffic people through the forums. You all are pretty incredible and have so much to offer.

I've been contacted by male members who weren't afraid to say "Hi" which I appreciate. Differences, distance, etc kept that from going any further and that's ok. Its always nice to be viewed and contacted. No commitment, no proposals. Just a kind greeting.

What I struggled with were the messages I received from members who always had a "but" = "You're nice but you're too short." "You seem great but you have too many type-os." "I'd like to get to know you but you live too far away". You get the picture.

I'd like to encourage everyone to look at this in your own activity and ask yourself, "Is my "but" in the way?" If so, then ask "why?". Just because one person extends an emote to another doesn't mean there is an obligation. Its simply an acknowledgment and, in some ways, an affirmation - "I see you. You may not be my type and thats ok. Hello, anyway!"

I believe God uses encounters to serve His purpose. It doesn't have to be for marriage or a commitment. It could be a means to bring a member out of their shell. Maybe someone is having a bad day and needs a small something to make him/her smile. It could be used to renew one's hope in spite of the brokenness that surrounds us. We never really know what God intends and ours isn't to question, simply to act.

May God bless us all.

Peace~

Susie

--hide--
Thank you, Susie. We'll be waiting for you if you change your mind. God bless. theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 29