Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Jamie-374642 said: I want all the men on this web-site to know that I have a tendency to be honest and am not afraid...
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said:

I want all the men on this web-site to know that I have a tendency to be honest and am not afraid to share if I am interested in you, but I am waiting for you to make a move and share your interest.

--hide--

I would ask a follow up question: what exactly, on this site, counts as persuing. I know that I generally will say I am interested in a match and, if she has a survey, take it. I did send a message a while back, too. But, to quote the Beatles - "No reply" :-) Maybe I'm not trying hard enough, but it also seems difficult to tell who on this site is active and who is not.

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-877277 said: I would ask a follow up question: what exactly, on this site, counts as persuing. I kn...
(Quote) Matthew-877277 said:

I would ask a follow up question: what exactly, on this site, counts as persuing. I know that I generally will say I am interested in a match and, if she has a survey, take it. I did send a message a while back, too. But, to quote the Beatles - "No reply" :-) Maybe I'm not trying hard enough, but it also seems difficult to tell who on this site is active and who is not.

--hide--

Sounds like you're making attempts to pursue to me.....If it feels like you're jumping through hoops, hitting your head against a wall(or just talking to one), you've reached the girls that just aren't interested in you pursuing them. All you can do is try. I don't know that you can "try harder" with a particular girl that you're not in some sort of relationship with. If it so happens that a particular woman would have been more receptive if you had done "this" instead of "that" or said "this" instead of "that"....well...to me that's not really worth trying to figure out....just move on to the next one. They say "be yourself"...hasn't worked for me yet...but what else can you do?

I think on-line is tough...there are probably men and women on here who, if they had met in real life through school, work, or whatever, may have very well hit it off. Now we're all looking at a menu of women(or men) and without even realizing it perhaps, we're counting people out for a variety of reasons. Looking for that "perfect" mate. I can't speak for anyone but myself....but it can be difficult for me at times to get motivated to pursue a picture and a paragraph...I would so like to meet someone in my daily routine...see her walk and talk and laugh and smile at me and.......and maybe she already did...

I'm convinced no one is really good at this. I'd like to think that God will guide you to that person with whom you will be pursuing without even realizing it and with whom will be wanting and letting you do so. Or....He may keep us struggling and searching for our own good and His greater glory.

www.youtube.com

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: From Pride & Prejudice (movie version with Keira Knightley)....
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

From Pride & Prejudice (movie version with Keira Knightley)....

--hide--

Yeah! someone who quotes classics - I agree, and I'm one of those women who might be considered more "forward". I'd rather be considered straightforward, honest, and not afraid to put myself out there. Rejection doesn't mean as much to me as it once did, and I guess I believe in the business "20% rule" = of all the emot's and messages I send, i can expect a 20% reply rate, of those 20% might lead to a second message, of those 20% might lead to actual extended conversation. Considering there's several thousand men on this site........ wink

But I would much rather be the pursued, at least with an emotigram, than the first initiator.

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Rhonda-852198 said: Hi Shara,I agree with you re Mr. Darcy. I just love Pride and Prejudice. I t...
(Quote) Rhonda-852198 said:

Hi Shara,

I agree with you re Mr. Darcy. I just love Pride and Prejudice. I think I've seen every one the movies depicting the story and he would certainly make a most remarkable husband!

--hide--
Getting off the topic here, I just recently bought Death Comes to Permberley by P.D. James. It's a crime fiction and the crime takes place after Elizabeth is married and living with Darcy in Pemberley. I love everything Austen! biggrin

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Nilda-834707 said: Getting off the topic here, I just recently bought Death Comes to Permberley by P.D. James. It...
(Quote) Nilda-834707 said:

Getting off the topic here, I just recently bought Death Comes to Permberley by P.D. James. It's a crime fiction and the crime takes place after Elizabeth is married and living with Darcy in Pemberley. I love everything Austen!

--hide--

I pursue, but only usually in my region unless there is exceptionally matching. I pursue, and pursue, and (crickets chirping). And I'm pretty well read, and somewhat romantic. . . :(

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Lynn-189934 said: I pursue, but only usually in my region unless there is exceptionally matching. I purs...
(Quote) Lynn-189934 said:

I pursue, but only usually in my region unless there is exceptionally matching. I pursue, and pursue, and (crickets chirping). And I'm pretty well read, and somewhat romantic. . . :(

--hide--
Keep it up, Lynn. The right one will come along soon. theheart

Feb 13th 2013 new

Some guys will tend to be shy, but if they're interested they'll pursue. From my own experience, if I'm not getting a vibe that she wants my attention I won't persist for long out of respect. But then I've heard years later that the girl wondered why I backed off. My advice is to let yourself be pursued and don't chase after him, but if he's shown interest, make sure you show interest back. :)

Good Luck!

Mar 5th 2013 new
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said: I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my ...
(Quote) Jamie-374642 said:

I have heard it said that if a man is interested in a woman that he will certainly pursue her. It has been my experience that there are not many searching men on this web-site. And as a woman, I very much want to be pursued. Are the majority of men on this site shy, or just interested in casual friendship? Am I alone in feeling this way?

--hide--

Very late comment lol but It's a mix I wonder the EXACT same thing about women on here. I always pursue when I'm interested and the only reason I made this after praying about it was exclusively for serious dating however it seems every girl I talk to either is looking for only casual dating or JUST fRIENDSHIP :(
Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) Jim-50634 said: I think on-line is tough...there are probably men and women on here who, if they had met in real lif...
(Quote) Jim-50634 said:

I think on-line is tough...there are probably men and women on here who, if they had met in real life through school, work, or whatever, may have very well hit it off. Now we're all looking at a menu of women(or men) and without even realizing it perhaps, we're counting people out for a variety of reasons. Looking for that "perfect" mate. I can't speak for anyone but myself....but it can be difficult for me at times to get motivated to pursue a picture and a paragraph...I would so like to meet someone in my daily routine...see her walk and talk and laugh and smile at me and.......and maybe she already did...

I'm convinced no one is really good at this. I'd like to think that God will guide you to that person with whom you will be pursuing without even realizing it and with whom will be wanting and letting you do so. Or....He may keep us struggling and searching for our own good and His greater glory.

--hide--

Very well said. clap

Mar 5th 2013 new

(Quote) William-607613 said: A guy will certainly initiate contact here, but if a woman wants to be coy or play hard...
(Quote) William-607613 said:

A guy will certainly initiate contact here, but if a woman wants to be coy or play hard-to-get, then an on-line forum is definitely not the place.

--hide--

I agree. I don't care for that type of thing online, because it usually indicates disinterest.

Posts 61 - 70 of 73