Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Favorite gift ever recived.

Feb 10th 2013 new

Going through some stuff here, each one a memory... some gifts given by people. Lots of memories. Got to wondering what other folks' favorite gifts and memories are.

Plastic plates. This was a long time ago when I first went out on my own after grad school. I couldn't afford a thing and my folks sent me a set of plastic dinnerware. I had been eating off of paper plates. I still remember how excited I was to received that gift.

My favorite recent gift has been fuzzy socks! (you have to appreciate I have wood floors) laughing

Halyna wave

Next!

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Halyna-940494 said: Going through some stuff here, each one a memory... some gifts given by people. Lots of memories...
(Quote) Halyna-940494 said:

Going through some stuff here, each one a memory... some gifts given by people. Lots of memories. Got to wondering what other folks' favorite gifts and memories are.

Plastic plates. This was a long time ago when I first went out on my own after grad school. I couldn't afford a thing and my folks sent me a set of plastic dinnerware. I had been eating off of paper plates. I still remember how excited I was to received that gift.

My favorite recent gift has been fuzzy socks! (you have to appreciate I have wood floors)

Halyna

Next!

--hide--
I can remember many nice gifts received and being very thankful. The worst was an ironing board. weeping

Feb 10th 2013 new
My husband
Feb 10th 2013 new

[quote]Halyna-940494 said:

My favorite recent gift has been fuzzy socks! (you have to appreciate I have wood floors)

Halyna

Next!

My favorite gifts are from my Mom; her high school class ring and her crystal rosary that hangs on the lamp next to my bed.

Feb 10th 2013 new

My favorite gift so far is the pillow my daughter made me for my birthday. My mom helped a little but my daughter did the sewing and stuffing. I go to bed happy every night.

Feb 10th 2013 new

(Quote) Halyna-940494 said: Going through some stuff here, each one a memory... some gifts given by people. Lots of memories...

Halyna

Next!

--hide--
Hi Halyna, some of my faves are :

Blue's heart

Titus' questions

Patrick's grin

....and, during a time of tribulation, my former spouse found the time and the energy to locate and purchase a piece of Skylab for me

Feb 10th 2013 new

Favorite Gift: My Grandma's Engagement Ring

Worst Gift: A hand held vacuum that broke the same day I got it. Far worse than the very silly decorative crown that isn't for wearing or the dog statue with the welcome sign that I'm never sure what to do with...

Feb 10th 2013 new

A rosary with rose design beads made of sandal wood from Lourdes France. rosary theheart

Feb 11th 2013 new

A sand-doll figurine called "brothers" my former husband gave it to me it represented our 2 sons. I have one more favorite gift from my daughter-in-law it is an open book with a verse the day I married your son you became my mother (that gift made me cry). Both gifts are on display in my secretary in my living room.

Feb 11th 2013 new

Halyna

Next!

--hide--
After my father died, my brother went to his office to retrieve his personal things. Prominently displayed on his desk was an odd shaped growth from a tree that vaguely resembled a pig. As a small child, my brother hammered in four nails for it's legs, and added a face and tail. Also there was a sailboat I had made him from a walnut shell, toothpick for a mast and a bit of paper for it's sail. I'd say anything your children make for you- a card, artwork, sculpture, beat anything you can buy in a store hands down.

Posts 1 - 10 of 21