Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

The Pope's resigning

Feb 11th 2013 new

So, from what I understand, the Pope pope is resigning February 28th at 2pm Eastern Standard time. Thoughts? Remember to keep it charitable. theheart

Feb 11th 2013 new

Please Please Please Please can we please have Cardinal Dolan be selected?

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: So, from what I understand, the Pope is resigning February 28th at 2pm Eastern Standard time. Th...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

So, from what I understand, the Pope is resigning February 28th at 2pm Eastern Standard time. Thoughts? Remember to keep it charitable.

--hide--

It's a selfless gesture from a selfless and holy man. Gone are the days when an aged and ailing pope could retire to the papal apartments and fade away. The media requires a pope who's constantly in touch with the world and very active. Modern medicine can keep him alive for 5-10 more years. His doctors have told him he's too weak for the exertions of this office. We must pray with renewed fervor, hope, and trust in God's goodness. Peter's boat will never sink. God has a plan.

Let us pray for the Pope, the cardinals, his successor, and for the whole Church and ignore the Chicken Little chorus. Above all, we must ignore the malicious glee and hurtful comments from the enemies of Christ and pray for them without rancor or resentment. (I was just looking at the posted comments after news stories. So sad that there are people with such hatred in our world.)

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: It's a selfless gesture from a selfless and holy man. Gone are the days when an ...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

It's a selfless gesture from a selfless and holy man. Gone are the days when an aged and ailing pope could retire to the papal apartments and fade away. The media requires a pope who's constantly in touch with the world and very active. Modern medicine can keep him alive for 5-10 more years. His doctors have told him he's too weak for the exertions of this office. We must pray with renewed fervor, hope, and trust in God's goodness. Peter's boat will never sink. God has a plan.

Let us pray for the Pope, the cardinals, his successor, and for the whole Church and ignore the Chicken Little chorus. Above all, we must ignore the malicious glee and hurtful comments from the enemies of Christ and pray for them without rancor or resentment. (I was just looking at the posted comments after news stories. So sad that there are people with such hatred in our world.)

--hide--

I would like to emphasize ignoring the "chicken Little chorus". There was a commenter somewhere on Facebook going on about the so called "St. Malachy prophecy" and that there is only one papal tomb left rolling eyes (as if they can't build more .... even if they run out of space at St. Peter's Basilica, not all popes are buried there and there are plenty of churches around Rome where a future Pope could be buried).

Feb 11th 2013 new
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I would like to emphasize ignoring the "chicken Little chorus". There was a comme...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I would like to emphasize ignoring the "chicken Little chorus". There was a commenter somewhere on Facebook going on about the so called "St. Malachy prophecy" and that there is only one papal tomb left (as if they can't build more .... even if they run out of space at St. Peter's Basilica, not all popes are buried there and there are plenty of churches around Rome where a future Pope could be buried).

--hide--

The anti-Catholics will always have their stupid remarks, Remember, they will get their judgement at the end of time. So will we.

I am not going to read anymore mainstream media until the day is over. Too much filth being made in response to our Holy Father's resignation. God grant him many more years of life.
Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I would like to emphasize ignoring the "chicken Little chorus". There was a...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I would like to emphasize ignoring the "chicken Little chorus". There was a commenter somewhere on Facebook going on about the so called "St. Malachy prophecy" and that there is only one papal tomb left (as if they can't build more .... even if they run out of space at St. Peter's Basilica, not all popes are buried there and there are plenty of churches around Rome where a future Pope could be buried).

--hide--

Thanks Edward! Same thing with people refering to the Garabnadal. Whatever prophesies may or may not come to pass, we must simply live right and remain absolutely faithful come what may.

Feb 11th 2013 new
I worry that a Modernist will be elected who will undo Pope Benedict's accomplishments. We can't go back to having a Pope who promotes religious indifferentism and sows more confusion among the faithful.
Feb 11th 2013 new

I am shocked and surprised. I am sad. He is very gifted and gave his gifts prior to his becoming Pope. If it will extend his life- I think it is what he needs to do. I fear who could follow him. I will be praying. It was sad when we lost JPII. If this opens doors for someone who can tolerate the stress and do a job as well as he has- then so be it. I imagine he has someone in mind?

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I worry that a Modernist will be elected who will undo Pope Benedict's accomplishments. We can't ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I worry that a Modernist will be elected who will undo Pope Benedict's accomplishments. We can't go back to having a Pope who promotes religious indifferentism and sows more confusion among the faithful.
--hide--

I agree with you so we must pray very much about this.

Feb 11th 2013 new

I am sorry to hear this news, I wonder about this a little. Need to pray for his successor.

Posts 1 - 10 of 200