Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: I truly hope you are correct and I am wrong. I find it odd that a Pope would make an announc...
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

I truly hope you are correct and I am wrong. I find it odd that a Pope would make an announcement two days before Ash Wednesday that he is resigning during of Lent. That's too strange to me.
--hide--

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. I don't think it is coincidental that he resigned today. Perhaps he is really and truly very ill and is turning to Our Lady of Lourdes.

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. I don't think it is coincidental that he...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes. I don't think it is coincidental that he resigned today. Perhaps he is really and truly very ill and is turning to Our Lady of Lourdes.

--hide--
I think you are right, Patricia. hug

02/11/2013 new
Are you sure Bernard? Because I read in a different document that He will become the first Roman pontiff since Celestine V in 1294 to resign from the Chair of Peter.
02/11/2013 new

The good news is this election won't be decided by Ohio.

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Are you sure Bernard? Because I read in a different document that He will become the ...
(Quote) Therese-668052 said: Are you sure Bernard? Because I read in a different document that He will become the first Roman pontiff since Celestine V in 1294 to resign from the Chair of Peter.
--hide--
I'm only sure of Death and Taxes! Lol!

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-919560 said: The good news is this election won't be decided by Ohio.
(Quote) Tom-919560 said:

The good news is this election won't be decided by Ohio.

--hide--
laughing

02/11/2013 new

in 2005, when papa benedict became our pope, he said if there was ever a time he was unable to carry out his duties as our pope, he would step down. this is not 'new' news. if you have looked at him recently, you will see a very frail man. maybe he is ill and has chosen to not let that information be known. (he shouldn't have to share more than he has).

my prayer is for people to let him live the rest of his days cloistered in prayer, as he as says he wants to do. he is a very wise man. this decision must have been very difficult for him to make.

mother mary, please wrap you cloak around this frail man, protect him and keep him safe. Praying theheart Praying sad rose

02/11/2013 new
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: I'm only sure of Death and Taxes! Lol!
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said:

I'm only sure of Death and Taxes! Lol!

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing so funny
02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Katherine-480844 said: in 2005, when papa benedict became our pope, he said if there was ever a time he was unable t...
(Quote) Katherine-480844 said:

in 2005, when papa benedict became our pope, he said if there was ever a time he was unable to carry out his duties as our pope, he would step down. this is not 'new' news. if you have looked at him recently, you will see a very frail man. maybe he is ill and has chosen to not let that information be known. (he shouldn't have to share more than he has).

my prayer is for people to let him live the rest of his days cloistered in prayer, as he as says he wants to do. he is a very wise man. this decision must have been very difficult for him to make.

mother mary, please wrap you cloak around this frail man, protect him and keep him safe.

--hide--

i read that after the Pope would visit the other countries, he would have to be bed-riddend to gain his strenght back, and for weeks. He always looked frail and feeble to me, how he lasted this long is anyone's guess!

02/11/2013 new

God bless XVI, my first pope as a Catholic :)

Posts 21 - 30 of 112