Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

The Mail Online has published today the top ten candidates for the job of Pope (along with their photos).

Here is the link:

www.dailymail.co.uk

At the bottom of the article there is also a list of the popes of the 20th century, their age at election, etc. - interesting!

Feb 11th 2013 new

This kind of article always amuses me. The news media seem to think that electing a Pope is like electing a congressman.

It makes no difference who they are or what they think or where they come from. The Holy Spirit will pick the man He wants for the job.

We don't need to pray about the election, we just need to pray for the one who gets elected.

Feb 11th 2013 new

Of course the media peppers the descriptions of Cathlic viewpoints with words like "anger" and "extreme." rolling eyes

I agree, Marge - praying for our current and future Holy Fathers.

Feb 12th 2013 new

It's interesting that it seems the first thing people are talking about is what nationality he should be! I don't think the Holy Spirit has that in mind:)

Feb 12th 2013 new

The article is very interesting, Patricia. I look forward to learning more about the Cardinals.

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: The Mail Online has published today the top ten candidates for the job of Pope (along with thei...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

The Mail Online has published today the top ten candidates for the job of Pope (along with their photos).

Here is the link:

www.dailymail.co.uk

At the bottom of the article there is also a list of the popes of the 20th century, their age at election, etc. - interesting!

--hide--

Feb 13th 2013 new

I am a political junkie, so I am tempted to discuss the Papal election the way I talk about politics. I am sure it will be very interesting.

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: This kind of article always amuses me. The news media seem to think that electing a Pope is like ...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

This kind of article always amuses me. The news media seem to think that electing a Pope is like electing a congressman.

It makes no difference who they are or what they think or where they come from. The Holy Spirit will pick the man He wants for the job.

We don't need to pray about the election, we just need to pray for the one who gets elected.

--hide--

Posts 1 - 6 of 6