Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

02/11/2013 new

Very sad. When I was teetering between converting to Catholicism or not, it was the election of then Cardinal Ratzinger that brought me home to Rome.

It takes a lot of courage and strength for a man to realize that he has given something everything he has, that there is nothing left in the tank; and, for the good of those he loves, is willing to step aside. God bless our Holy Father. May the Lord give him comfort in the days to follow when his flock second guess him or react with anger or thoughts of conspiracy. May the Lord grant him peace after Feb. 28.

02/11/2013 new

I am shocked. I feel a bit like a child when they find out there isn't a santa claus.... I don't mean to be funny because it isn't funny. It has shacken my beliefs... I didn't realize that when" God pick you" you could say. OK I've had enough ect. Then to here the talk . Bishops cardinals ect are pushing for a Latina american pope. What happened to GOD picked the next pope throught the cardinals... Everything is upside down... GOD help us...

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Carole-893801 said: I am shocked. I feel a bit like a child when they find out there isn't a santa claus.... I d...
(Quote) Carole-893801 said:

I am shocked. I feel a bit like a child when they find out there isn't a santa claus.... I don't mean to be funny because it isn't funny. It has shacken my beliefs... I didn't realize that when" God pick you" you could say. OK I've had enough ect. Then to here the talk . Bishops cardinals ect are pushing for a Latina american pope. What happened to GOD picked the next pope throught the cardinals... Everything is upside down... GOD help us...

--hide--

I'm so upset that I can't spell.

02/11/2013 new

I think it was very brave of the Pope to admit he was no longer able to perform his duties. It must have been a very hard decision for him. At least he will be around to give the new Pope council if needed.

02/11/2013 new

I was really sad when I heard this on the radio today.

I remember seeing him in Cologne, Germany for World Youth Day in 2005 and how exciting it was, yet I am deeply saddened as well.

May God Bless and strengthen Pope Benedict. Praying rosary theheart

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The next Pope is one of the following<...
(Quote) Bernard-2709 said: The next Pope is one of the following

Cardinal-voters who will elect the next Pontiff - almost certainly one among them. (Table provided by Catholic Hierarchy.)

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com

--hide--

vaticaninsider.lastampa.it

02/11/2013 new

So, does this mean the church recognizes two head of churches? Two infallible men?

02/11/2013 new

The Pope is not an infallible man, hes a sinner too, like other Popes are.

02/11/2013 new

(Quote) William-675153 said: The Pope is not an infallible man, hes a sinner too, like other Popes are.
(Quote) William-675153 said:

The Pope is not an infallible man, hes a sinner too, like other Popes are.

--hide--

I agree....

02/11/2013 new

I believe there is much going on behind the scenes that few are aware of. 'Things' will begin to escalate rapidly, so I pray I will be ready for whatever the good Lord asks of me.

Posts 31 - 40 of 112