Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: I worry that a Modernist will be elected who will undo Pope Benedict's accomplishments. We can't ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: I worry that a Modernist will be elected who will undo Pope Benedict's accomplishments. We can't go back to having a Pope who promotes religious indifferentism and sows more confusion among the faithful.
--hide--

How exactly did he combat modernism? If you have read the Syllabus or Pius X's encyclical on modernism it would seem that many of Benedicts ecuministic prayer meetings and services with protestants’, schismatic’s, jews, islam, and others all fail to combat modernism, and actually chip away at the Churches infallible teaching that there is no salvation outside of the One True Catholic Church.

Specifically how did he combat this, "80. The Roman Pontiff can, and ought to, reconcile himself, and come to terms with progress, liberalism and modern civilization.- " From the Syllabus of errors. I've read some of his writings and they seem to suggest that the Church DOES need to reconcile itself to modern man, other christian sects, etcetera, instead of calling for man to come to the truth and pray, fast, and mortify oneself.

I will be saying a rosary every day until the election by the coming conclave that Our Lady intercede on behalf of faithful Catholics and give us a pope who will combat the heresy of modernism with the full power and authority entrusted to the Vicar of Peter!

Feb 11th 2013 new

Holy Mother of God please pray for the Catholic Church, please pray for Pope Benedict and keep him safe as he transitions into a life of prayer. Praying rosary theheart

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: I would like to emphasize ignoring the "chicken Little chorus". There was a...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

I would like to emphasize ignoring the "chicken Little chorus". There was a commenter somewhere on Facebook going on about the so called "St. Malachy prophecy" and that there is only one papal tomb left (as if they can't build more .... even if they run out of space at St. Peter's Basilica, not all popes are buried there and there are plenty of churches around Rome where a future Pope could be buried).

--hide--

You mean the one about "Peter the Roman"?

As Inigno Montoya would say, "I do not think it means what you think it means." youtu.be

If it means anything, I think it refers to the fact that, in all that is to come, Christ will keep His word and the see of Peter, the Rock, will have perpetual successors.

Feb 11th 2013 new
Jacqueline - Benedict, the college of cardinals, the successor pope, and the worldwide church are one of the group intentions we're asking all those praying this novena to pray for each day. The successor will almost certainly be elected before our novena ends.
Feb 11th 2013 new
The Holy Spirit guides the Church. We don't steer the river; God does. Anyone who's worried that the next pope will harm the church or be too open to heretics has too little faith. TRUST GOD. Everything that happens in the church unfolds perfectly in accordance with God's plans. If any of us feels the church is on the wrong path, we must examine our own hearts and our own expectations. There are no mistakes in God's world. If we can't fathom his plan, then we must have faith, pray, and trust in his limitless goodness. Never bemoan what happens - just live right and remain absolutely faithful. Above all, ignore those who second guess, pick at, and criticize our Holy Father because they have little faith and great self will.
Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: The Holy Spirit guides the Church. We don't steer the river; God does. Anyone who's worried that...
(Quote) David-364112 said: The Holy Spirit guides the Church. We don't steer the river; God does. Anyone who's worried that the next pope will harm the church or be too open to heretics has too little faith. TRUST GOD. Everything that happens in the church unfolds perfectly in accordance with God's plans. If any of us feels the church is on the wrong path, we must examine our own hearts and our own expectations. There are no mistakes in God's world. If we can't fathom his plan, then we must have faith, pray, and trust in his limitless goodness. Never bemoan what happens - just live right and remain absolutely faithful. Above all, ignore those who second guess, pick at, and criticize our Holy Father because they have little faith and great self will.
--hide--

So you would say to any of the great Saints or Doctors of the Church to sit by, pray and NOT combat heresy with the full authority of the Gospel of Our Lord?!?! We are all called to give testimony to the truth. I for one will no longer sit idly by while fires burn uncontested through the fields of Our Lord.

Feb 11th 2013 new
I pray for a successor who will continue the Pope's work of restoring the liturgy and clean out the corruption that is poisoning the Catholic Church's witness.
Feb 11th 2013 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: Have faith and trust God.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Have faith and trust God.

--hide--

If we get a liberal Eastern Orthodoxy will look awfully good.
Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: If we get a liberal Eastern Orthodoxy will look awfully good.
(Quote) John-220051 said:

If we get a liberal Eastern Orthodoxy will look awfully good.
--hide--

I am not convinced- why do you think so?

And am I wrong.. I saw on the news that to be elected one

must be a baptised catholic- I really think I was taught that ANYONE

could be elected pope- anyone whom the college decided to choose?

Feb 11th 2013 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: So you would say to any of the great Saints or Doctors of the Church to sit by, pray and ...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

So you would say to any of the great Saints or Doctors of the Church to sit by, pray and NOT combat heresy with the full authority of the Gospel of Our Lord?!?! We are all called to give testimony to the truth. I for one will no longer sit idly by while fires burn uncontested through the fields of Our Lord.

--hide--

You are making some really remarkable leaps in interpreting what David said.

There are lot of problems in the Church. But one of them has nothing to do with another of your propositions that Pope Benedict and His predecessors had some how fallen into the sin of modernism.

Nothing any of them did can rationally been interpreted to mean that somehow, through their actions, they were negating the Chuirch's teaching that there is no salvation outside of the Church.

Posts 21 - 30 of 200