Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

02/12/2013 new
Carrie, what I get from your posts is that you are not upset, but that you are trying to drill down and find out why it is being suggested that the mysteries are done in this particular order.

I can't help you there, and for me, personally, it doesn't matter. I don't have the intense curiosity about it that you do, but I'm not saying that you are wrong to have this need to know. For me, the hard part will be just getting this much prayer done every day. This will require a lot of self-discipline and better time management on my part and that is what I am striving for.

It's possible that no one here may have the answers you seek, and you may just have to decide whether you want to participate and what way you want to pray the rosary. I think whatever you choose will be great.
02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: Carrie, what I get from your posts is that you are not upset, but that you are trying to drill down an...
(Quote) Shannan-733493 said: Carrie, what I get from your posts is that you are not upset, but that you are trying to drill down and find out why it is being suggested that the mysteries are done in this particular order.

I can't help you there, and for me, personally, it doesn't matter. I don't have the intense curiosity about it that you do, but I'm not saying that you are wrong to have this need to know. For me, the hard part will be just getting this much prayer done every day. This will require a lot of self-discipline and better time management on my part and that is what I am striving for.

It's possible that no one here may have the answers you seek, and you may just have to decide whether you want to participate and what way you want to pray the rosary. I think whatever you choose will be great.
--hide--

I find that when I take my will and my preferences and my expectations out of things and simply do what's suggested that the spiritual growth and blessings increase dramatically. it's all about humility and openness rather than what we prefer or believe is right or wrong.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Amy-56598 said: 106 Participants
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

106 Participants

--hide--

This is amazing!

Everyone! Make sure you have written out your intnetions and include on that list the inentions of everyone praying this novena with us (a requirement) as well as the "Group Intentions" listed above (this last one is optional - include it or not as you please).

I find it helpful to ask someone else (a priest, confessor/spiritual director, someone you know to be a sincere Catholic) to suggest one intention.

We should also make sure to have our Lenten commitments written down. Again, with the mortifications, it's best to ask for a recommendation. Fasting or mortifications which we prefer probably don't have the same efficacy as those we wouldn't choose for ourselves. You're under no compunction to perform those which are suggested, but I've always found them to be the most challenging and rewarding.

We should also try to get to confession before tomorrw or as soon as possible thereafter. It helps us start out on the right foot and with an infusion of sacramental grace. Just my suggestion, but one that's been very fruitful for me in past novenas.

May God richly bless us throughout this process! Expect challenges and pushback from the enemy. Persist and the benefits increase.

rosary rose

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Carrie-529869 said: Yes...that was the site I quoted from. To repeat: I'm not doubting the r...
(Quote) Carrie-529869 said:

Yes...that was the site I quoted from.

To repeat: I'm not doubting the revelation of the 54 day novena. I'm doubting the extra rules that seem to be put in their with no substantial record of them, especially in regards to the way it is worded.

--hide--

Hi Carrie, this one does note that the novena begins with the Joyful, no matter what day it is begun and proceeds through the pattern given. Although it does leave out the luminous mysteries, which of course is a new addition to the practice of the Rosary. Lauren

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: I find that when I take my will and my preferences and my expectations out of things...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

I find that when I take my will and my preferences and my expectations out of things and simply do what's suggested that the spiritual growth and blessings increase dramatically. it's all about humility and openness rather than what we prefer or believe is right or wrong.

--hide--

David, I find the implication here a bit disingenuous. I've already explained, I'm a catholic and liturgy nerd. This isn't about "my will and preferences". This is about finding the root of where the suggestion comes from. SOOO many people put in their own "suggestions" in how liturgy is to be done, but in reality, it's simply their preference they are disguising as objective rules from the church. (Which, yes, there are those in regards to liturgy). I've come across this more and more in different aspects, and I want to know the source. When something ISN'T united with what the church puts forth, I think its a valid question to find out why, and where the source is.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Hi Carrie, this one does note that the novena begins with the Joyful, no matter what da...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Hi Carrie, this one does note that the novena begins with the Joyful, no matter what day it is begun and proceeds through the pattern given. Although it does leave out the luminous mysteries, which of course is a new addition to the practice of the Rosary. Lauren

--hide--

I think you missed my point. THere is no source for this "revelation" of the order of mysteries. There is no record of this particular detail of the revelation.

02/12/2013 new

Including in our intentions someone we strongly dislike, or who annoys us, or who has badly harmed us is a good thing. Jesus commanded us to do just this.

When we pray for others under these circumstances, it's BEST that we don't ask God to see that they get what's coming to them or that they see the error of their ways. Instead, we ask for all that's best and right for them. Nothing else. Praying this way heals our soul and helps the person we pray for.

Just a suggestion.

rosary rose

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Carrie-529869 said: David, I find the implication here a bit disingenuous. I've already explained, I'm a cat...
(Quote) Carrie-529869 said:

David, I find the implication here a bit disingenuous. I've already explained, I'm a catholic and liturgy nerd. This isn't about "my will and preferences". This is about finding the root of where the suggestion comes from. SOOO many people put in their own "suggestions" in how liturgy is to be done, but in reality, it's simply their preference they are disguising as objective rules from the church. (Which, yes, there are those in regards to liturgy). I've come across this more and more in different aspects, and I want to know the source. When something ISN'T united with what the church puts forth, I think its a valid question to find out why, and where the source is.

--hide--

Fine. Do some research. Pray. Proceed as you wish. God isn't a bureaucrat and neither is our Blessed Mother. All prayers are heard and answered. The tradition is to pray this devotion with the mysteries placed in that order. I don't know what else to tell you. A simple google search and some reading may enable you to find the answer you're looking for.

02/12/2013 new

count me in! Dove rosary Praying

02/12/2013 new

Let's pray for Pope Benedict and the one who will replace him. That God continue to protect and build up the Church in this time of transition.
And that the Pope that God intends is elected. Praying rosary

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200