Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Tampa Bay Area Get-Together?

Feb 11th 2013 new

Hi all, wave
My name is Steve, and I just started back here at CM after almost a year off. Since there are very few CMers in my neighborhood (north central Florida), I was thinking seriously about setting up a dinner get together around the Brandon area (Tampa Bay area).

I have a friend who suggested the Jesse's Restaurant in Brandon as a good meeting spot. I've included a link to their menu here www.singlepage.com

What I was thinking was a quick get-together dinner to meet a few CMers and possibly start to plan a more involved get together for sometime this spring or summer. Even if that idea doesn't get off the ground, I'd be happy to just meet some new CM friends around Tampa/St. Pete and maybe set up a semi-regular dinner in that area.

So, what do all of you think? I was thinking of a weekend dinner maybe later in February or in March. After a few posts here, I'll try to set up something definite as to day and time.

God bless,
Steve

Feb 11th 2013 new

C'mon, folks, there must be people in FL!

Feb 12th 2013 new

Thanks Steve--look forward in having some fun(i do work on weekends-infrequent)

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-356811 said: Thanks Steve--look forward in having some fun(i do work on weekends-infrequent)
(Quote) Peter-356811 said:

--hide--
I would be interested in a get together or an event sometime in the Tampa Bay area! I live in Iowa but visit St. Pete on a regular basis. I am also pretty familiar with the Brandon area also! biggrin scratchchin wave

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) George-80266 said: (Quote) Peter-356811 said: Thanks Steve--look forward in having some fun(i...
(Quote) George-80266 said:

Quote:
Peter-356811 said:

I would be interested in a get together or an event sometime in the Tampa Bay area! I live in Iowa but visit St. Pete on a regular basis. I am also pretty familiar with the Brandon area also!

--hide--

If you check out this page further you will see they are already in the process of setting a big meeting up in FL soon. Hope you all check it out and go. I am planning to try to go also. Check it out GBU All

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Donna-521814 said: They are already in the process of setting a big meeting up in FL soon. Hope you all chec...
(Quote) Donna-521814 said:

They are already in the process of setting a big meeting up in FL soon. Hope you all check it out and go. I am planning to try to go also. Check it out GBU All

--hide--

OK, I guess that means less planning for me. laughing

But seriously, I'd still like to plan a dinner get together in Brandon for the Tampa/St. Pete crowd and anyone else like me who has no CMers near them.

Still planning on late February or early March. How does that sound to everyone?

God Bless,
Steve

Feb 12th 2013 new

Thanks Steve---setting up a place and time is good---at least there is a focus to put into action------see how many people can make it at that time---and when others set up place and time you can 'crawl over' to that one---the more get togethers around Florida will increase the opportunity to attend one and to have fun meeting others---Peter(:(:biggrin

Feb 13th 2013 new

I will give it a shot. A lot of my 'spare' time revolves around my daughter, as I only see her on the weekends. But, post a date and I will see what I can do.

Will

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Will-706257 said: I will give it a shot. A lot of my 'spare' time revolves around my daughter, as I only see...
(Quote) Will-706257 said:

I will give it a shot. A lot of my 'spare' time revolves around my daughter, as I only see her on the weekends. But, post a date and I will see what I can do.

Will

--hide--

Thanks, guys. As soon as we hear from some more people, I'll set a date for dinner.

Feb 17th 2013 new
(Quote) Steve-111719 said: Thanks, guys. As soon as we hear from some more people, I'll set a date for dinner.
(Quote) Steve-111719 said:

Thanks, guys. As soon as we hear from some more people, I'll set a date for dinner.

--hide--
Not real sure when my next visit to Tampa bay will be. No vacation time until after June so maybe a visit in the fall would work for me. Have fun anyway at the gathering.
Posts 1 - 10 of 45