Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Wouldn't it be nice...

02/11/2013 new
...if CM indicated if a member you're trying to contact is a paying member and receiving your messages? It would save so much time and investment if you knew not to put any stock into someone who won't see your message anyways. The site doesn't really work then.
02/12/2013 new

Your point is one made often here on CM. it is not how the site is set up, for reasons that don't seem to make sense to us as users.

If you want to have some assurance someone you are writing to is an active member, you can see if they have been active in the past two weeks (a good indication of paid membership), but even better see if they have posted in the forums, because they can't do that unless they are a paying member.

Good luck!

02/12/2013 new

I've learned that some people don't feel the need to buy a membership if they aren't receiving contact. If others know they don't have a membership, this contact, that may otherwise convince them to get one, may never happen. So it's probably best if it isn't obvious. Even if it is rather frustrating at times.

02/12/2013 new
That seems rather utilitarian to a site like this one. But makes sense.
02/12/2013 new

I agree with you Michelle.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: ...if CM indicated if a member you're trying to contact is a paying member and receiving your mess...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: ...if CM indicated if a member you're trying to contact is a paying member and receiving your messages? It would save so much time and investment if you knew not to put any stock into someone who won't see your message anyways. The site doesn't really work then.
--hide--

Name me a paid site that tells you which members are paid? I've been on a number of them and that information was never freely given on any of the ones I was on..

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Name me a paid site that tells you which members are paid? I've been on a number of them and that inf...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Name me a paid site that tells you which members are paid? I've been on a number of them and that information was never freely given on any of the ones I was on..
--hide--

http://www.farmersonly.com is a paid site for rural folks that tells you right on each profile whether the member is premium (paying) or standard (free to view but not communicate).

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Richard-791226 said: ...if CM indicated if a member you're trying to contact is a paying member and receiving your mess...
(Quote) Richard-791226 said: ...if CM indicated if a member you're trying to contact is a paying member and receiving your messages? It would save so much time and investment if you knew not to put any stock into someone who won't see your message anyways. The site doesn't really work then.
--hide--

Just because you know that somebody is a paying member is no guarantee that you will get a response from them, and conversely just because someone isn't paid right now doesn't mean they won't respond to your message... maybe they are on the fence about rejoining, and your message is the one that gets them curious enough to ante up. My thought is that if somebody interests you, send a message. Just don't invest a lot of time or emotion into it, and don't let yourself get down if you don't hear back.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: http://www.farmersonly.com is a paid site for rural folks that tells you right on ...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

http://www.farmersonly.com is a paid site for rural folks that tells you right on each profile whether the member is premium (paying) or standard (free to view but not communicate).

--hide--

I only just heard about that site over this past weekend.. I don't have anything at all against farmers, but I've discovered I'm a town girl and don't have any interest in being a farmers wife... Match.Com doesn't even tell you who has browsed you and E-Harmony sends you matches that aren't paid..That's more what I was referring to.

02/12/2013 new

It seems like this could be an invasion of their privacy too. Plus I imagine it leaves a person in a better way to believe that the one they contacted Can't make contact back, versus not responding because they're simply not interested.

I don't know. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Posts 1 - 10 of 28