Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Feb 12th 2013 new

So, tomorrow is Ash Wednesday and those of us who have committed to daily Mass and/or daily Readings will be starting our Lenten committment to Christ! I'm really excited about this actually. And, I just wanted to remind everyone, and also to invite those people who would like to join us in doing this, but perhaps haven't seen this thread yet.

I'm hoping everyone has a very holy Lent that brings them closer to Christ!Praying

Feb 12th 2013 new

Hi Patricia!

So glad that you started this thread. I am going to go to daily mass during Lent, and it will be easier to keep the commitment, to make the continual effort, knowing that we will all be "meeting" each other there! Knowing that as I am making the effort and commitment, so is someone else, makes it easier.

Thank you!

Amy Praying hug rosary theheart

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Amy-56598 said: Hi Patricia! So glad that you started this thread. I am going to go to daily mass du...
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

Hi Patricia!

So glad that you started this thread. I am going to go to daily mass during Lent, and it will be easier to keep the commitment, to make the continual effort, knowing that we will all be "meeting" each other there! Knowing that as I am making the effort and commitment, so is someone else, makes it easier.

Thank you!

Amy

--hide--

You're welcome, Amy. And, thank you for joining us. I totally agree with you that it will be easier to keep the commitment knowing that we are all doing this together! So, my first Mass is tomorrow at Noon (where I also will be giving out ashes).

Feb 12th 2013 new

Unfortunately my parish is 30 miles from home and only has an early morning mass during my work hours. However, on the Wednesday nights of Lent we will have a benediction/adoration/confession event. I will commit to go to each one of those and of course continue my daily mass readings that I do everyday. Please know we are united with you to make this a special Lent in preparation for our risen Lord!

Feb 12th 2013 new

Hi Patricia-thanks for your post--i was hoping to get to Mass more often-- what an opportunity to start now--i can't say that it will be everyday but hopefully more then once a week- my soul will rejoice ever more---Hope the best for each of you- May the Grace of God be with you all on this journey----biggrin

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: Unfortunately my parish is 30 miles from home and only has an early morning mass during my wo...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

Unfortunately my parish is 30 miles from home and only has an early morning mass during my work hours. However, on the Wednesday nights of Lent we will have a benediction/adoration/confession event. I will commit to go to each one of those and of course continue my daily mass readings that I do everyday. Please know we are united with you to make this a special Lent in preparation for our risen Lord!

--hide--

Thank you, Stephanie, for joining us this Lent in daily Readings and benediction/adoration. This makes me realize how blessed I am to have so many Masses to choose from to go to and therefore absolutely no excuse to miss Mass any single day!

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Peter-356811 said: Hi Patricia-thanks for your post--i was hoping to get to Mass more often-- what an opportunity to...
(Quote) Peter-356811 said:

Hi Patricia-thanks for your post--i was hoping to get to Mass more often-- what an opportunity to start now--i can't say that it will be everyday but hopefully more then once a week- my soul will rejoice ever more---Hope the best for each of you- May the Grace of God be with you all on this journey----

--hide--

Hi Peter, so glad that you are joining us for daily (or as often as you can) Masses during Lent. Thank you for the blessing of the Grace of God. I think we will all need it to keep our commitment to Christ this Lent!

Feb 13th 2013 new

To my fellow CM members, I will be attending regular Masses with you during Lent. If you read this, I ask you for a few prayers if you will be so kind. My Mom was taken by ambulance to the hospital yesterday. After doing different tests, they admitted her as a patient. They will be doing further tests today. As it turns out, I am scheduled to have 2 scopes done this morning at 10:30 in the hospital. Prayers for health would be appreciated. Thank you and I will pray for you also during Masses and also the 54 day novena.
Mary

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Mary-637223 said: To my fellow CM members, I will be attending regular Masses with you during Lent. If you read this...
(Quote) Mary-637223 said:

To my fellow CM members, I will be attending regular Masses with you during Lent. If you read this, I ask you for a few prayers if you will be so kind. My Mom was taken by ambulance to the hospital yesterday. After doing different tests, they admitted her as a patient. They will be doing further tests today. As it turns out, I am scheduled to have 2 scopes done this morning at 10:30 in the hospital. Prayers for health would be appreciated. Thank you and I will pray for you also during Masses and also the 54 day novena.
Mary

--hide--

Hi Mary, thank you for joining us for daily Mass (or as often as you can) during Lent. I'm sorry your mother just got ill! I will certainly include her and you in my prayers and I'm sure fellow CM'ers who read this will also include you in their Mass intentions. And, thank you for your prayers for all of us!Praying rose theheart

Feb 13th 2013 new

This is something I try to do anyway...so count me in! wink

Posts 41 - 50 of 150