Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Happy Paczki Day!

Feb 12th 2013 new

Hurray, it is Fat Tuesday! I race home from work and log on at CM hoping to wish everyone a joyous holiday. I go to Messages, and to my surprise there are no "Happy Paczki Day" emotigrams! "Oh no" I say (doing my best Mr Bill impersonation). Are none of the CM staff members of Polish decent? So sure, there are several emotigrams for that "other" special day coming up. But is Valentines Day associated with the 4,000 calorie, jelly filled, sugary-coated goodness that is a Paczki? Of course not! But I won't let that get me down. I say to everyone with my head held high, Happy Paczki Day! If you don't have Paczki in you area, you can join in the celbration by eating a regular jelly doughnut.

Feb 12th 2013 new

It is funny how, even though it is a Polish tradition, a Paczki is still just a fried donut to most! Such "sweet memories". Thanks John.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) John-847566 said: Hurray, it is Fat Tuesday! I race home from work and log on at CM hoping to wish everyone a joyous...
(Quote) John-847566 said:

Hurray, it is Fat Tuesday! I race home from work and log on at CM hoping to wish everyone a joyous holiday. I go to Messages, and to my surprise there are no "Happy Paczki Day" emotigrams! "Oh no" I say (doing my best Mr Bill impersonation). Are none of the CM staff members of Polish decent? So sure, there are several emotigrams for that "other" special day coming up. But is Valentines Day associated with the 4,000 calorie, jelly filled, sugary-coated goodness that is a Paczki? Of course not! But I won't let that get me down. I say to everyone with my head held high, Happy Paczki Day! If you don't have Paczki in you area, you can join in the celbration by eating a regular jelly doughnut.

--hide--
And happy Fat Tuesday to you, John. I had my Paczki (or two, or three) today. Life is good when you live in a Polish community. biggrin faint

Also wishing you a "Happy Valentine's" day. (gotta cover all the big holidays) wink heart rose

Feb 12th 2013 new

Hi John, yes, I am Polish. My Mom baked the most delicious paczki for many years. The real paczki are different from a donut. The ones baked here in the bakeries are the Americanized and Canadianized version, also good. Just FYI , the singular is "paczek" and the plural is "paczki".
Hope you enjoy yours and what is your favourite filling?

Marysia (Mary in Polish)

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) John-847566 said: Hurray, it is Fat Tuesday! I race home from work and log on at CM hoping to wish everyone a joyous...
(Quote) John-847566 said:

--hide--

Hi John, there is another Paczki thread started this morning going on in the Entertainment and Humor section. So, you might want to look at that too. I'm just finishing my last Paczki (raspberry lemon - amazing)! This is the 4th one since Friday (with 2 more stashed in the freezer for after Lent)!

Feb 12th 2013 new

Hi John (et al)!

Thank you for this thread. Being 50% Polish, I began celebrating by going to the Paczki Dance at my parish...mmmmmm, Polish food! Then, brought my Paczki home (2 prune, 2 raspberry) to continue the celebration. ALAS, I have no more!

Happy Paczki Day and Fat Tuesday to everyone!

Feb 12th 2013 new

Hello John - Happy Paczki Day to you. I am 100% Polish. I like the Paczki with custard. There are many Polish bakeries in my neighborhood. One of the bakeries even has Paczki with fresh strawberries.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7