Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Dave-24315 said: I will get you the addresses, let me know about where you are gong to be so I know which peoples ad...
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

I will get you the addresses, let me know about where you are gong to be so I know which peoples address you need.

--hide--
My departure date is not set in stone, I may get an extention because of the weather. This of course will affect the route I take.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Theresa, Congratulations on your transfer! I am so happy that you have agreed to stretch your lif...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Theresa, Congratulations on your transfer! I am so happy that you have agreed to stretch your life through this adventure. I encourage you to be as open as possible to any new experiences. Sioux Falls (a city) would be quite different from Custer (a small town), as would the people who live there and even their reasons for living there. South Dakota offers some lovely recreational opportunities; enjoy them.

--hide--
Thanks I need prayers on this trip.

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-911246 said: So based on what your telling me it doesnt neccessarily matter the amount of snow, but the amou...
(Quote) Theresa-911246 said:

So based on what your telling me it doesnt neccessarily matter the amount of snow, but the amount of wind gust.

--hide--
Yup, Theresa. When the snow is blowing horizontal, you're in a blizzard.

02/12/2013 new

Theresa what city in SD are you moving to ? It would be a beautiful trip during the summer :)

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-911246 said: My departure date is not set in stone, I may get an extention because of the weather. This of c...

My departure date is not set in stone, I may get an extention because of the weather. This of course will affect the route I take.

--hide--

Incidentally, someone in answer advised you to avoid all mountain passes. I am not going to read through all resposesto find that one to properly respond to them.

I will just say for that person that if someone is driving from Western Washinton (as you are) to anywhere east there is no way on God's Green earth that you can get there WITHOUT crossing over mountain passes. First you are faced with the Cascades.Then when you get into Eastern Washington and cross over into Idaho you come to another Mountain range and then of course you have the Rocky Mountains. So as a minimum you are forced to cross at least three mountain passes.

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Theresa-911246 said: I just excepted a transfer to South Dakota with my employer. I did some research about the weat...

I just excepted a transfer to South Dakota with my employer. I did some research about the weather and found out there are tonado's and heavy winters. I did research it before I applied but the midwestern lifestyle is appealing. My coworkers, friends and parents are telling about harsh conditions and what if scenerios. I have mixed emotions about leaving everyone behind too. On the upside I have heard the summers are nice and warm. It will take three days driving and over 1300 miles, 1600 if I cant take the pass. My dad suggests snow chains.

Does anyone have suggestions on preparing for the trip?

--hide--

John and Yoko moved to the dakota

02/13/2013 new

Paul I guess I meant stay on the interstate and avoid the not so well travelled roads. When Geri and I moved from California to MN we went through Yellowstone NP and stayed in Cody, WY off the beaten path which I would not recommend during this time of year.

02/13/2013 new

Have you read Kathleen Norris's book Dakota? It was fascinating to me & might give you some insight to the area.

I moved from the Midwest to southern California just over a year ago. I don't regret the move. But I do miss my dear friends even though we talk frequently on the phone or through Facebook. I had to get rid of so much stuff & I still find stuff now that I wonder why it was packed! I lived in Indianapolis for 30 years so I really had to readjust. I'm older than you & retired, plus I had to deal with mobility problems almost from the beginning so I have had an adjustment period that's been slow. As I continue to gain strength, I hope to get out more, explore & pursue interests. Just look for activities, especially in your church and those that revolve around your interests--or seek out new ones. Also, expect a grieving period for what you have left behind.

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Tom-112790 said: John and Yoko moved to the dakota
(Quote) Tom-112790 said:

John and Yoko moved to the dakota

--hide--
Yes, Imagine all the people living in the Dakota's today.

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Al-939544 said: Theresa what city in SD are you moving to ? It would be a beautiful trip during the summer :)
(Quote) Al-939544 said:

Theresa what city in SD are you moving to ? It would be a beautiful trip during the summer :)

--hide--
I'm moving to Aberdeen. What I know so far is the population is about 26k and the community is close nit. I was advised that it a strong Catholic community. I think my chances of finding a Catholic man just went up by 100% yay.

Posts 31 - 40 of 57