Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Feb 12th 2013 new
look up Abby Johnson: Pro-life advocate on facebook
Feb 12th 2013 new

Perhaps if there were more options open to mothers (access to birth control, social support, fewer people condeming women who felt they were out of options) then there would be fewer abortions. I think a bit of open-mindedness and understanding that until you're standing in her shoes you ought not judge, would go a long ways here.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: look up Abby Johnson: Pro-life advocate on facebook
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: look up Abby Johnson: Pro-life advocate on facebook
--hide--

kudos to her.. .wish there were more people like her...

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-942076 said: Perhaps if there were more options open to mothers (access to birth control, social support, fewer...
(Quote) Jane-942076 said:

Perhaps if there were more options open to mothers (access to birth control, social support, fewer people condeming women who felt they were out of options) then there would be fewer abortions. I think a bit of open-mindedness and understanding that until you're standing in her shoes you ought not judge, would go a long ways here.

--hide--

well contraception is against the church but it isn't that hard to get them...just about any doctor or nurse practicioner will give contraception to just about anyone.... It is important to remember that not having sex is a guaranteed to prevent pregnancy.. more people should try it...

If a woman gets pregnant, she can give the baby of up for adoption. The reality is most women would rather just be done with and "get it taken care of...." The heart of abortion lies at selfishness rather than any problem with society.

As a man, I can't be in her shoes. Hence, that is why I call on women to take the lead as it too easy for men to be discarded. I don't judge people who steal candybars from the drug store. I do judge women who let doctors kill their unborn children.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Jane-942076 said: Perhaps if there were more options open to mothers (access to birth control, social support, fewer...

--hide--
Access to birth control is everywhere and by the way has NO correlation to abortions.

Feb 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said: Who is not putting the blame on the women? In talking about the woman from your ...
(Quote) Stephanie-450440 said:

Who is not putting the blame on the women? In talking about the woman from your original post, she was married. She was told two weeks ago that there were fetal anomalies with her 33 week old child. She chose to end her child's life. A child that she supposedly already named and had a baby registry setup for. Was she to blame for her own death and the death of her child? Yes. Can I feel empathy for someone facing what seems to be an impossible choice at the time? Yes. What would I do in that situation? It's easy to say "I would never do that if I were her". However, not knowing her support system (or lack thereof) and being told by the medical profession that your child will not be "perfect" it's probably easy to succomb to perceived pressure. Have you noticed the lack of Downs Syndrome's children in our everyday encounters nowadays? 90% of them are murdered before they are born. Maybe she was shallow and felt she could not love an imperfect baby. Maybe she felt she did not have the support system to care for a more seriously ill child. I don't know the details and even if I did, does that make her decision right? No. But she's dead and so is her child. It seems she paid the ultimate price.

Are there some women that have no remorse for their abortion decision? Yes. But there are also incarcerated murders that don't either. Unfortunately not everyone believes that they are a child of God and should live according to His word. Instead of condemning, my Catholic faith has taught me to help. Being on the front life of this help has shown me how depraved our humanity can be and how cruel we can be to each other. There is much evil in our world.

Is the woman on the table in the clinic ultimately to blame? Yes. But so in the father who has not helped to stop her from going into the clinic. So is the family forcing a teenager to go in and "take care of it" because they don't want to be embarrassed with a pregnant teenager. So is our society as a whole for exploiting the sexual intimacy meant for husband and wife alone. So are Catholic men and women, some on this site, who clearly state they don't believe in the Church's teaching on premarital sex. So are men and women on this site who claim they believe in the Church's teaching on premarital sex then act completely different in person. So are the women who feel that in order to "keep a man" they need to share the most intimate part of themselves before they are married. So are men who objectify women and are more concerned about their appearance than their soul. So is our society for expecting perfection of children before and after birth. So is our society for making it seem like imperfect children are a burden instead of gift from God.

It seems the true pro-life response to those choosing abortion is to respond like Jesus did to the women caught in adultery. Instead of standing there holding a stone ready to throw, reaching down to help her up and telling her to "go and sin no more" is more life affirming than condemning her for her mistake. I pray that my empathy for others is something Jesus appreciates. Reading some of these responses, I'm thankful that on Judgement Day I will stand before God and not man.

--hide--
Nice post Stephanie. There are a lot of factors involved. Really our world spiraled downward after the sexual revolution. Truly though without factoring God into our decisions as many don't, now anything goes.

Feb 12th 2013 new

--hide--

Women have ALL those options! Women have had access to birth control etc since 1970. Look up Title X. I can't even count the support groups you can find on line or even in your church bulletin. Who's condemning women? They are getting away with murder.... The law supports them, Planned Parenthood supports them. It's the lack of consequences and morals in this society that is the problem. Not the lack of birth control etc.
A woman's option should be to take personal responsibility for her actions.

Feb 13th 2013 new

--hide--

Every women has full and unlimited access to birth control. No sex no babies. Simple, and in accordance with the word of God.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said: Access to birth control is everywhere and by the way has NO correlation to abortions.
(Quote) Cheryl-409772 said:

Access to birth control is everywhere and by the way has NO correlation to abortions.

--hide--

Actually, there is a direct correlation between birth control and abortion.

Unfortunately, people, on the whole, practice birth control to avoid pregnancy. Except for abstinence from sex, all methods of birth control have a failure rate. Some more than others.

With the coming of the moronic sex revolution of the 60's, the majority of people believe they have a god (small g used on purpose) given right to have sex whenever and with whomever they want without consequence of any kind.

So we have seen a pandemic increases in sex related diseases and increased abortions. And those increases have far exceeded the rate of increase in the population.

Feb 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Actually, there is a direct correlation between birth control and abortion. Unfort...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Actually, there is a direct correlation between birth control and abortion.

Unfortunately, people, on the whole, practice birth control to avoid pregnancy. Except for abstinence from sex, all methods of birth control have a failure rate. Some more than others.

--hide--

There's another often overlooked correlation between birth control and abortion: many forms of contraception act as abortifacients.

www.lifeissues.org

Posts 21 - 30 of 88