Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

02/12/2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Why give alleged murderers a trial?
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

Why give alleged murderers a trial?
--hide--

I'll make a deal with you; You get the al-Queda folks to agree to stop their attacks and show up for a trial, and we'll stop fighting them.

Until then, the war goes on.

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said: Yes, Bernie - somehow the Left gets away with anything.
(Quote) Rebecca-727981 said:

Yes, Bernie - somehow the Left gets away with anything.

--hide--

I am surprised how much adoration a lot of America gives this guy. He is such a genius that his school records have been locked down and needs his teleprompter to go to the bathroom. Calling him an empty suit doesn't even come close.

02/13/2013 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Someone dangerous and targeting US Citizens from a foreign land should be stopped, whe...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Someone dangerous and targeting US Citizens from a foreign land should be stopped, whether they are a citizen or not.
That is just a technicality.

--hide--

If a person commits a direct killing of another innocent individual (and don't we say in the USA "innocent until proven guilty"?) who may or may not be a murderer is he not a murderer himself? Are you not advocating some skewed notion of "the end justifies the means" though it be condemned by the Catholic Church?

Is it not an act of war to go into the land of another sovereign and murder either his citizens, subjects or residents? Why then should it be expected if one state sovereign is going to send military might into the borders of another sovereign and murder those under his authority for there NOT to be reciprocal attacks?

02/13/2013 new
(Quote) John-336509 said: I'll make a deal with you; You get the al-Queda folks to agree to stop the...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

I'll make a deal with you; You get the al-Queda folks to agree to stop their attacks and show up for a trial, and we'll stop fighting them.

Until then, the war goes on.

--hide--

Were these targeted Americans actually committing attacks? Were they even members of Al Quaeda? Nobody knows. There is no proof, due process, or transparency.

In what universe is it a good decision to place the power to decide which Americans get to live and which Americans get to die solely in the unaccountable hands of a man who lacks the moral character to even defend the most innocent among us?
02/14/2013 new
What proof, due process, or transperency was there when US dive bombers jumped the Japanese carriers off Midway? While I agree that Obama is sorely lacking in many qualities, that doesn't justify evaluating military combat operations using the criteria for a police investigstion.
02/14/2013 new

I dont think its wally and beaver Cleaver that they would target. If someone joins Al Qaeda who happens to be an american citizen I think they give up their rights as a citizen. The devil is in the details.....and i am not sure many people know how easy or difficult it will be to kill an american citizen.
Lets see what the guidelines are--and if there are checks and balances

02/14/2013 new

The memo goes far further than Bush ever went... yet, the silence is defeaning from liberals....

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said: If a person commits a direct killing of another innocent individual (and don't we s...
(Quote) Chelsea-743484 said:

If a person commits a direct killing of another innocent individual (and don't we say in the USA "innocent until proven guilty"?) who may or may not be a murderer is he not a murderer himself? Are you not advocating some skewed notion of "the end justifies the means" though it be condemned by the Catholic Church?

Is it not an act of war to go into the land of another sovereign and murder either his citizens, subjects or residents? Why then should it be expected if one state sovereign is going to send military might into the borders of another sovereign and murder those under his authority for there NOT to be reciprocal attacks?

--hide--

Chelsea: I am advocating "the end justifies the means." And I feel that we are only doing reciprocal attacks because we need
to defend ourselves since September 11. War has seen the return of barbarianism since Muslims decided to attack America,
whether it was on our homeland or the Marine Base in Beirut or our ships at sea. I see no reason to impose strict guidelines
in certain instances. Exceptions should be made.

Dead soldiers are dead, not proud. It is a whole lot better to break some rules and be alive than to adhere to
rules and loose ones life. We are dealing with twenty-first century war with the return of barbaric Muslims.

Sorry to disappoint.

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Posted, as it was, provided no context that would allow anyone to devine your intent....
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Posted, as it was, provided no context that would allow anyone to devine your intent.

Conveying an intent in writing is not as easy as doing so in person where your body language would provide clues.

--hide--

paul--i thought his intent was pretty obvious

02/15/2013 new

(Quote) Charles-512043 said: Were these targeted Americans actually committing attacks? Were they even members of Al Quaeda...
(Quote) Charles-512043 said:

Were these targeted Americans actually committing attacks? Were they even members of Al Quaeda? Nobody knows. There is no proof, due process, or transparency.

In what universe is it a good decision to place the power to decide which Americans get to live and which Americans get to die solely in the unaccountable hands of a man who lacks the moral character to even defend the most innocent among us?
--hide--

charles---i see your point--but what kind of reality is it to have your hands tied when it is 'obvious' that some american who joined al qaeda is planning and/or committing terrorist acts.? You really want to go into hostile territory in pakistan,syria,iran....capture--put on a lengthy trial at home any suspect over there who happens to be an american citizen??---If thats the policy then Al qaeda is gonna recruit lottsa american citizens because they are really untouchable. Or better yet---get these 'american citizens ' to act as human shields. thinking it through it just isnt practical.

Posts 21 - 30 of 49